Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 11-04-2019, 08:57 AM

Default Has anyone actually been refused PIC points?

I have read several places that the Parole board can determine if they recognize the PIC points or not.

My question is, has anyone eve actually been denied getting to use them? And if so under what circumstances? Was it a situation where there were write ups or something close to time? Or was it a situation where they just simply said they were going to ignore them? Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2019, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,549 Times in 3,341 Posts

I'm not that familiar with GA's system. I hope GaReform comes along and replies - I'm sure there's an answer, just don't know what it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Wifenwaiting (11-15-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 03:07 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 787 Posts

I don't know offhand of anyone being refused PIC points that were eligible for them. That being said, there is a bunch of details to determine who & what happens. Here's a link to the DOC explanation.
http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/sites/al...dc/pdf/PIC.pdf
If you want a real in depth policy, go here. It's from 2015 but I don't think it radically changed. Scroll down to pg 7 for some convictions & what they have to do to get PIC points.

https://www.powerdms.com/public/GADOC/documents/106125
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (11-08-2019), Wifenwaiting (11-15-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifenwaiting View Post
I have read several places that the Parole board can determine if they recognize the PIC points or not.

My question is, has anyone eve actually been denied getting to use them? And if so under what circumstances? Was it a situation where there were write ups or something close to time? Or was it a situation where they just simply said they were going to ignore them? Just curious.

My fiance is currently in a transitional center in GA, he was denied his PIC points, he has never had a write up or anything else. The Parole Board just told us he is not eligible to use the PIC points, so he is maxing out
Old 11-08-2019, 08:21 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 787 Posts

It depends on his conviction & the time to serve. My son wasn't able to use any PIC points because both his conviction & time to serve excluded him. It stinks because they do everything right but are penalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorb74 View Post
My fiance is currently in a transitional center in GA, he was denied his PIC points, he has never had a write up or anything else. The Parole Board just told us he is not eligible to use the PIC points, so he is maxing out
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (11-11-2019)