Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 PM

Aj, thank you very much for responding. What is your fiance in for? How long is his sentence? My husband is in for 4 months and will get out in November. He's in on a felon in possession of a firearm charge. I got to talk to him today....his counselor let him call me to let me know what he found out about his actual release date. I sent a postal money order on Thursday, so I am hoping that it is posted to his books by Tuesday. Crossing my fingers on that one. I am not sure I will get a chance to get down there to visit because I am not sure I can handle it emotionally. Where are you at? I live in the WV panhandle, so it takes me almost 4 hours to get there.
Thank you again for responding. God Bless you and your man! Hope to hear back from you and to keep in touch.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Jamal's Wife

Default Gilmer info

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmalarie View Post
My husband self surrendered to FCI Gilmer on Wednesday. Is there anyone else out there that has a loved one there? How long have they been there? I am new to this whole prison thing and I am at a loss. I just want to know what other people's loved ones have told them about Gilmer. I have spoken to a few of the guards there and they all seem pretty nice. I saw the grounds from the outside and it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be. Is there anything I should know that nobody I talk to is going to tell me? Does anyone know how long it takes to get money on the books? I sent a money order today to the address in Des Moines my husband told me to send it to. I am hoping that he gets it soon. Does anyone know if they have to buy paper, stamps, envelopes, pens, etc.....or is that stuff provided?

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I don't know exactly how things work in the federal prison system.
My hubby is at Gilmer, seems like one of the nicer prisons, lots to do, clean and only a few years old. He has to buy everything. I send my man money through Western Union, he gets it within minutes.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:56 PM

He is in a crack drug charge. He should be able to release as soon as the new crack law is made retroactive, otherwise it will be a few more years. I live in KY so it takes me about 5 hours to get there, I try to go about 4 times a year. They have an email system that we love! It's 5 cents a minute to use it, but it makes communication so easy! Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:46 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,350 Times in 703 Posts
Default western union

Quote:
My husband self surrendered to FCI Gilmer on Wednesday. Is there anyone else out there that has a loved one there? How long have they been there? I am new to this whole prison thing and I am at a loss. I just want to know what other people's loved ones have told them about Gilmer. I have spoken to a few of the guards there and they all seem pretty nice. I saw the grounds from the outside and it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be. Is there anything I should know that nobody I talk to is going to tell me? Does anyone know how long it takes to get money on the books? I sent a money order today to the address in Des Moines my husband told me to send it to. I am hoping that he gets it soon. Does anyone know if they have to buy paper, stamps, envelopes, pens, etc.....or is that stuff provided?

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I don't know exactly how things work in the federal prison system.
I use western union I can do it online with credit card. It is there shortly after I finish. I gt an email to confirm it is received . good luck. My grand son is at gilmer he has been there a year. It costs 8 dollars dona

Last edited by donazerozero; 07-30-2010 at 05:50 PM..
Old 08-18-2010, 10:36 PM

Default Question about release at Gilmer

My husband is getting out of Gilmer on November 9th. He said that he was told they let them out around 6 am, before everyone starts getting up and moving around to avoid confrontation. Makes sense.

My question is.....Does anyone know if it is true if they let them out at 6? Or what time do they let them go?

I ask because I am nearly 4 hours away and will drive down the night before after I get off work. I will get a room at the Best Western, but I want to make sure that I am there before he gets out so I can get him the hell out of there! I don't want to be late!!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:48 AM

Default Loved ones in FCI Gilmer...

I don't see much about FCI Gilmer. My husband is in there and it would be great if I could connect with other women whose loved ones are in there. I have a great support system of wonderful friends, but they don't understand exactly what I am going to. It would be great to be able to talk to other women who know what I am going through.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:55 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Default gilmer

Quote:
I don't see much about FCI Gilmer. My husband is in there and it would be great if I could connect with other women whose loved ones are in there. I have a great support system of wonderful friends, but they don't understand exactly what I am going to. It would be great to be able to talk to other women who know what I am going through.
missmalarie, I have a loved one at Gilmer. we visited last weekend it was cool If u have any questrions just ask.. Dona
Old 09-18-2010, 08:58 PM

Default FCI Gilmer lockdown?

Does anyone know if FCI GILMER is on lockdown? I know that there have been several fights on A4 this week and I haven't heard from my husband since this afternoon. Just curious if anyone has heard anything. I am worried.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:02 AM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Default Gilmer fci inmate taken to hospital

A 70 yr old white man was taken to the hospital from Gilmer fci last night. I would like to inform his family if they do not know. I don't know if this is the right thing to do but I know if I had a loved one there and he went to the hospital I would appreciate someone telling me. God bless
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donazerozero For This Useful Post:
Heem's Wife (09-30-2010), loverbabe42 (06-04-2015)
Old 09-20-2010, 12:14 PM

I would let them know! My husband was taken to the hospital for emergency surgery when he was in Yazoo and the prison sure didn't let me know. His cellie had my number on his phone list and called me and then it was up to me to track him down and find out what I could...which still wasn't really anything until he got back to the prison eight days letter with staples from chest to groin from a ruptured stomach!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddslady View Post
I would let them know! My husband was taken to the hospital for emergency surgery when he was in Yazoo and the prison sure didn't let me know. His cellie had my number on his phone list and called me and then it was up to me to track him down and find out what I could...which still wasn't really anything until he got back to the prison eight days letter with staples from chest to groin from a ruptured stomach!
I cant find any family members to notify. Don't know what else to do, I don't want to print his name here. Any ideas?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,376 Times in 4,636 Posts

Just wait and maybe if someone is interested, they will send you a PM and ask if it's their inmate and you can then let them know if that's the name.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (09-21-2010)
Old 09-24-2010, 04:41 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Default gilmer lockdown

Gilmer is locked down as of sept 23. They are still locked down.

http://www.cpl33.info/id33.html
Old 09-24-2010, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the post, I had guessed that they were. I hadn't gotten an email or a phone call since early yesterday, and he had said that he was going to call last night and didn't. If you hear anything else, please post. Do you know what happened? Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to aj9429 For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (09-25-2010)
Old 09-25-2010, 12:00 PM

Default FCI Gilmer Questions

What phone system do they use for collect calls? I'm using Evercom/T-Netix now and it's working at the holdover spot in Ohio, but I wanted to know if I need a different one for Gilmer

For visitation do you have to make an appointment, or do you just show up on one of the visiting days one you know you have been approved?

That's all for now, but I know I'll have plenty more. Thanks to anyone that can help.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj9429 View Post
He is in a crack drug charge. He should be able to release as soon as the new crack law is made retroactive, otherwise it will be a few more years. I live in KY so it takes me about 5 hours to get there, I try to go about 4 times a year. They have an email system that we love! It's 5 cents a minute to use it, but it makes communication so easy! Let me know if you have any more questions.
What's the email system called? Is it corrlink?
Old 09-25-2010, 12:14 PM

My boyfriend is in Holdover as of yesterday about to be sent to Gilmer. I need all the info I can get.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:18 PM

I don't know, but that's music to my ears. The earlier the better. My boyfriend is going to be there until August of next year (I assume). He told me that he was told if your ride is late you have to sit for 30 more days before you are released. I don't believe that, seems unconstitutional, but it doesn't matter. I plan to go up the day before and get a room like you said. Then, check this benefit of getting the room...

If they really do get out at 6am, check out isn't until like 11am or Noon. No sense on letting those last few hours go to waste.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1stAndLastTime For This Useful Post:
Caged Tiger (02-20-2011)
Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAndLastTime View Post
What's the email system called? Is it corrlink?
Yes, it's corrlinks.com
Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj9429 View Post
Yes, it's corrlinks.com
Cool! Thanks! I already set mine up so that all I have to do is add him once he gets there. =D
Old 09-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Ridah 4 Life

I dont know about the collect call system to use, but they do have a email system. You dont have to make an appointment. Its really, really cold in there to me, so you might want to bring a jacket, and the food is high, you might want to take a extra 5 in change.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:15 AM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Default Gilmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAndLastTime View Post
What phone system do they use for collect calls? I'm using Evercom/T-Netix now and it's working at the holdover spot in Ohio, but I wanted to know if I need a different one for Gilmer

I don't think u need any special phone service to receive a call from gilmer

For visitation do you have to make an appointment, or do you just show up on one of the visiting days one you know you have been approved?

That's all for now, but I know I'll have plenty more. Thanks to anyone that can help.
they don't call collect. They have to have money in their account to call u
he will send u a paper to fill out to be approved for visits u send it back n they ck u out then u can visit There r like 10 people on pto with gilmer ties. Welcome right now they r locked down
Old 09-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

They do have the option of calling collect, but it is more costly.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM

Thanks. I'm trying tom get a number local to the prison but Tmobile is a hassle and Boost doesn't get service in my house!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Default fc gilmeri

The DCT was activated for the riot at Gilmer Wed evening. That means Disturbance control team. I found a video of the team in action.