Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:45 PM
So far away

DOH!.. i just thought of another question... at visiting do they have to sign in? on this paper they sign does it have a picture of me????? (like my id picture).. is the picture of my state id or are they going to make me some kind of visiting id?.... ohh man.. i am ondering becaus emy Id picture is horrid.. i really never looked so bad in a picture! i just got done giving birth a few days before i took that picture and it was 100 degrees outside.. ahh!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2007, 05:57 PM

They take a photo of you the first time you visit, but as far as I can tell it just goes into their computer system and no one really sees it. I guess it's there in case there's some kind of problem and they need to refer to it.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:52 PM
So far away

ok... im so happy its not my state id picture... i really should "lose" that and get another pic taken... LOL.. BTW.. did you get your call?

Old 01-21-2007, 09:01 PM

that's funny...I'm glad you don't have to deal with the whole bad picture crisis!

No, I never got a call and I haven't been able to get ahold of his mom today. I don't think there were any calls this weekend...you didn't get one, did you?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:10 PM
So far away

nope.. no call for me... hopefully tomorrow..... do u ever feel like you dnt want to leave the house because your afraid he will call? LOL... i do all the time! I am hoping i will get this job at outdoor world/bass pro shops... This way i can alays have mins on my cell phone!

Oh.. i did call victorville this morning to ask them a visiting Q and they ere rude to me again... are they usually really rude during visit?

Old 01-21-2007, 09:15 PM

that's weird...no, they were really friendly to me all three days that I visited. When I failed the stupid drug test the first time, the guy did everything he could to help me pass the second time. He gave me like 20 minutes before I did the swab thing again and he never said anything when I went and washed my hands again even though you're not supposed to be able to do that. I'm thinking maybe they're just being rude now because they're so tired of getting a lot of phone calls. I know I was calling there several times a day for the whole first week. You'd think they would expect to get all those calls, but I'm sure that's why they haven't been too pleasant. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with them much longer because the stupid lockdown will end!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:20 PM
So far away

They can swab your wrists, ankles and belt right? after reading the posts about the ion scanner I am so afraid of failing that stupid thing! Do find you can get away with wearing perfume? i alays liek to smell good.. i am the kind of person to put perfume on after a NIGHT shower.. And i am definately hoping they arent rude to me when i get out there... i guess i would be pissy too after hearign the same question 1000 times a day =)

Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 PM

I think they can swab all those places you mentioned, but for me they just did my hands, shirt, and thighs. The thing is crazy. It's pretty sad when you never touch a single drug EVER and you worry yourself sick about being able to pass a drug test. They really need to do something about the machine because it's ridiculous. My guy's mom even failed the test and didn't get in that day and she's this devout Christian who doesn't even drink alcohol, let alone do drugs. I recommend that you wash your clothes in some dye/perfume free detergent as an added precaution. I read that on here before I visited and my clothes never came up positive. And, about the perfume, just don't spray it on your wrists and you should be fine. I sprayed mine in hidden places, like my bra and underwear. LOL.

Last edited by jensmcm; 01-21-2007 at 09:26 PM..
Old 01-21-2007, 09:49 PM
So far away

LOL... i will give my bra and undies a good spraying!!!!!!!!!!!!.. maybe my hair?... I know another guy thats there.. who is older and his mom is 80ish.. and she keeps failing the dang test!!!... it really is ridiculous.. and now the guy i know is in the hole for making a threat to the guard who keeps failing his mom.. he has to do the rest of his time in there! (18 months).. can u believe that???... I dont write to this guy, hes is my friends pen pal.. thats how i met my guy is through my friends pen pal =D... If you fail the test can u come back the next day? or is it 48 hours?.. i would be so angry if i missed out on one of our days!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 AM
Finally..single digits!!!

When you go to visit, you should be careful pumping gas because that can cause you to test positive for explosives. So can zippo lighters. Also do not handle any money that morning. Be careful touching bills because money is so dirty, and so often it is used with drugs. (tooting, purchasing, etc.) Put your quarters in a baggie the night before. Don't rely on their change machine because sometimes it is not working. We always carry in the car some antibacterial gel for our hands. The restrooms do not always have soap or paper towels. I figured most regular visitors to USP know of these things. I guess this is more for the newcomers. I received a call from my son on Friday, the 19th. The inmates are being told maybe a few more weeks of lockdown. He was let out for an hour so he could make calls (at 1:00 PM) and to shower.

TLH
Old 01-22-2007, 08:58 AM
So far away

They said they will be let out every day for an hour to shower and call but didnt get to this weekend, my guy also said that they will probably get off lockdon the first or 2nd week of feb. I have never visited there or any other prison so thats why i have all these questions.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 PM

Well I got a phone call from my baby earlier today and he told me that they are still on lock down but they are giving them a little bit more of a program so i guess that's good. He said he is hoping it ends soon.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:47 PM

This schedule they have them on is really getting irritating. The whole hour out to shower and make calls is great, but why can't it be later in the day?
Old 01-22-2007, 04:00 PM
So far away

Thats what id like to know... I didnt get a call so far today so i am guessing i wont get one =(.. i really needed this phone call today... i asked him in a letter where e stand and all that good stuff.. now since he didnt call i am worried i scared him off!.. i did get a letter today and he said i am officially approved to visit AND i got a job today... this is so frustrating for me.

Last edited by Chitownbyrd; 01-22-2007 at 04:02 PM..
Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM

aww, I'm right there with you in the land of frustration. I got to talk to my guy's mom this afternoon and she said he did call her one day last week and he mentioned not knowing how much money he has in his account right now. She's sending a money order tomorrow, but I'm trying to decide if I want to Western Union some money tonight in case that's why he's not calling. With my luck, if I send it, he probably won't even know it's there because he's not expecting it. Plus, I'm not sure if the issue is just the timing of when they're allowed to call. Based on Jvavau's post, I would have to assume that they got calls sometime before 10:45 AM their time this morning...of course, I was at work with no signal. So anyway, I don't know what to do and I need a phone call too! Hang in there...you're not alone.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:29 PM
So far away

=D... i got my call!!!!!!!!!!!!.. woot! i am excited!... hehehehheehe

He said that they are getting calls and showers at different times depending on where they are at in the facilty.

Look at it this way jensmcm.. if you do send money and he doesnt realize its in there.. then when everything is normal you can still use that money to talk.. so either way its going to benefit you. I say its worth a shot!

Old 01-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Yay, I'm so happy for you!!! I think you're right...I have to send the money and see if that helps because I'm dying to talk to him!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:13 PM
So far away

at least with western union.. its in there prettymuch right away.. and not have to wait FOREVER like in the mail =D... i hope you hear from him soon!.. oh and now im nervous because he said he responded to my letter here i asked where this was going! Im shakin in my pj's! lol....

Old 01-23-2007, 06:41 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about the letter if I were you. I know that's easier said than done, but look at it this way- he's been calling you whenever he gets the chance so he has to be really interested in you...hope you get that letter soon!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:56 AM
So far away

Well i just noticed i missed his call yesterday areound 11:13 central while i was busy drug testing for my new job... they are letting them out at a whole variety of times!... ive gotten calls from 10:30am-5:20pm.. i cant wait for normal to come.. hopefully theres no longer than 2 more weeks of this crap. And im hoping to get that letter by friday =)~

Old 01-24-2007, 10:50 AM

Well ladies good news, my baby called me today at 6:20 a.m. and informed me that they are OFF LOCKDOWN i'm so happy cause i'll be visiting this weekend. So jensmcm and chitownbyrd you guys should be planning your trip down to sunny California so you guys can visit your love ones. I'm glad this is over
Old 01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
So far away

FINALLY!!!!!!!... My trip is already being planned lol... for the 2nd eekend of march.. he just wants to make sure they are off lockdown and tensions arent high.. were afraid of me going ALL the ay out there and not being able to see him... i always joke around that if that happened he would know.. becaus ehe would hear about the "crazy B*tch" they had to drag out of the place.. lol..

Old 01-24-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
FINALLY!!!!!!!... My trip is already being planned lol... for the 2nd eekend of march.. he just wants to make sure they are off lockdown and tensions arent high.. were afraid of me going ALL the ay out there and not being able to see him... i always joke around that if that happened he would know.. becaus ehe would hear about the "crazy B*tch" they had to drag out of the place.. lol..
That's funny (lol) I would'nt blame you if that was to happen, specially coming from so far away. I think the weeken that you're planning on coming down here willbe a good one because for the next weekend or two everyone is going to try to go see there love ones so it will be probabaly a litlle bit to crowded. I'll let you guys know how it goes this weekend. I'll keep you guys updated in to how was the visiting, was there any tension, how were the CO's and all that other stuff.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:06 PM
So far away

sweet!.. i say we should all visit the same weekend ... i will admit i am a bit flustered becuse if i woulda had the tix for the original dates i was going to go.. i would have been approved and lockdown over already nd i coulda visited on the 3-4th... but with my luck the lockdon woulda lasted longer!! ... you are super lucky to live not too far from there... do you visit every weekend??

Old 01-24-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
sweet!.. i say we should all visit the same weekend ... i will admit i am a bit flustered becuse if i woulda had the tix for the original dates i was going to go.. i would have been approved and lockdown over already nd i coulda visited on the 3-4th... but with my luck the lockdon woulda lasted longer!! ... you are super lucky to live not too far from there... do you visit every weekend??
Yes I go every Saturday for sure. I try to leave Sundays open for his family to go visit, mainly his mother but if she dont go then he calls me up and lets me know and i visit him both days. I was not this lucky all the time, he was up in Pennsylvania for three years and i was not able to go visit him. That was the hardest part of our relationship. He just got transfer back down to California this past September so that really works and he is only 45 minutes away from me. He's so close but then so far from me. Hey Chitownbyrd why is it that you had to get approval to visit? You just can fly out here and visit when ever you want? (just courius question) Well it will be nice meeting you in person so that way we meet our pto friends in person.