Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Are you a man?
Yes 84 53.50%
No 73 46.50%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovejellybean View Post
My girlfriend just currently got transferred to CCWF, I think itís pretty cool that you guys have this site because it gave a little comfort to be honest, I bet itís hard for many of you guys whoíve spent your every day life with your girl and then suddenly sheís taken from you itís been hard for me But I see I am not alone
Yes this site has helped me as well. Itís easy to come on here and vent lol. Your correct when you say being with my wife 15 years then all of the sudden she has to go serve time for some BS. My wife could have pled and received probation however she wanted to prove her innocence at a trial (What a Joke that was) and then catches almost 3 years..... Either way, Time is running out, we have 22 days left and sheís home free! Cant wait to get back to living and putting this roadblock behind us. Itís easy to say coming out of the other end of this but going into it was much worse.. Stay the course and watch time fly. Best thing is the clock never stops ticking..
The Following User Says Thank You to BriBri08 For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (03-21-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovejellybean View Post
My girlfriend just currently got transferred to CCWF, I think itís pretty cool that you guys have this site because it gave a little comfort to be honest, I bet itís hard for many of you guys whoíve spent your every day life with your girl and then suddenly sheís taken from you itís been hard for me But I see I am not alone

You're good company here. Nobody's going to tell you you're crazy for sticking with your lady.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriBri08 View Post
Yes this site has helped me as well. Itís easy to come on here and vent lol. Your correct when you say being with my wife 15 years then all of the sudden she has to go serve time for some BS. My wife could have pled and received probation however she wanted to prove her innocence at a trial (What a Joke that was)and then catches almost 3 years..... Either way, Time is running out, we have 22 days left and sheís home free! Cant wait to get back to living and putting this roadblock behind us. Itís easy to say coming out of the other end of this but going into it was much worse.. Stay the course and watch time fly. Best thing is the clock never stops ticking..
Glad you're at the end of it! You must both be on cloud 9! Wish we could be on it with you. "Trial" - A legal proceeding in which 12 people with no legal training decid which side has the better lawyer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
BriBri08 (03-21-2018), fbopnomore (03-22-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
Glad you're at the end of it! You must both be on cloud 9! Wish we could be on it with you. "Trial" - A legal proceeding in which 12 people with no legal training decid which side has the better lawyer.

Isnít that the truth... Yes our spirits are definitely on the rise and I wish you and your loved one a happy ending as well. I Give you and everyone here that is waiting and supporting there loved ones all the credit in the world. Although the pain was unbearable at times, the minute she walk out those doors and back in my arms, it will have all been worth it... I canít wait...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BriBri08 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-22-2018), WaitingWilkes (07-02-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 04:40 PM

[quote=AltheBiker;7497335 ... If mom gets to choose her daughter's mate/friends, etc...then I would think I probably don't have much of a chance. ... [/quote]

It desn't seem like mom did an outstanding good job of choosing guys for her in the past.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:03 PM

Default Youíre right Wilkes...

Cristina left home at 13 and was living on her own from then on. There was poor homelife before that. The mom is at least back in her life and they’re rebuilding their relationship. It’s a positive thing but I don’t believe it’ll ever be what I’d call excellent. Cristina and I broke up but we’re still good friends. She got very mean and demanding and it became too much for me. I still send her enough $ for shampoo, bathroom products and coffee but not like i used to. I visit about monthly and she appreciates having a stable relationship with me albeit not romantic. I’m enjoying our friendship as it is now and expect we’ll be friends for life even though the romance didn’t go exactly as planned.
Al
Old 04-01-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltheBiker View Post
Cristina left home at 13 and was living on her own from then on. There was poor homelife before that. The mom is at least back in her life and theyíre rebuilding their relationship. Itís a positive thing but I donít believe itíll ever be what Iíd call excellent. Cristina and I broke up but weíre still good friends. She got very mean and demanding and it became too much for me. I still send her enough $ for shampoo, bathroom products and coffee but not like i used to. I visit about monthly and she appreciates having a stable relationship with me albeit not romantic. Iím enjoying our friendship as it is now and expect weíll be friends for life even though the romance didnít go exactly as planned.
Al
I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you hoped it would. Still having you as a supportive friend has to mean a lot to Cristina. Best of luck to both of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
BriBri08 (04-02-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 05:54 PM

Well here we are 3 days left and a wake up! She walks out those doors Thursday morning and This nightmare of the last 2.5 years will be over! Really appreciate everyoneís advice going back to day 1 where I found this site and so many of you reached out and helped me pull through. I hope everyone on here has the same outcome and all your prayers are answered.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BriBri08 For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-09-2018), WaitingWilkes (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriBri08 View Post
Well here we are 3 days left and a wake up! She walks out those doors Thursday morning and This nightmare of the last 2.5 years will be over! Really appreciate everyoneís advice going back to day 1 where I found this site and so many of you reached out and helped me pull through. I hope everyone on here has the same outcome and all your prayers are answered.
Couldn't be happier for you (or more envious!). I hope her freedom's perfect for both of you.
BriBri08 (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 02:29 PM

Not the only man in here. I Just found this site. My girlfriend has been locked up since mid Jan. Recently transferred to a rehab program. She will be there till mid September.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoubleDown For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-09-2018), WaitingWilkes (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDown View Post
Not the only man in here. I Just found this site. My girlfriend has been locked up since mid Jan. Recently transferred to a rehab program. She will be there till mid September.
Welcome to the place where everybody understands.
BriBri08 (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,049 Times in 6,852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDown View Post
I'm not a guy, but my spouse is in prison and the men are generous enough to let us drop in their threads now and again.

Welcome to Prison Talk. If you have any site questions, feel free to PM a moderator. Our names are in green, purple, blue and red.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
BriBri08 (04-09-2018), missingdee (04-10-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
Couldn't be happier for you (or more envious!). I hope her freedom's perfect for both of you.

Thanks so much. I will check in and update on the progress.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:32 PM

Default New worries

Have any of your ladies become ill inside? We had a real scare. My wife found a lump in her breast. It took forever for the doctor to examine her and a while for them to get her to the hospital. It's cancer but "tubular" which is apparently not a particularly dangerous type. They did a lumpectomy and sent her back. No plan for any follow up except a mammogram in 6 months. I was pretty much panicking while I waited for them to take care of her. I've never felt so helpless and useless in my life. I'm worried that she may not have received the best care. Has anyone else had that sort of thing happen?
Old 06-17-2018, 06:01 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,164 Times in 11,769 Posts

I doubt that she is receiving appropriate followup care. She should be able to get a copy of her tumor biopsy, which you can then take to a real cancer facility for a second opinion.

Every case is different, but my wife had both chemotherapy and radiation after a successful operation. The treatment plan was done based on the probability of more disease, even though the margins were clear.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:07 PM

fbopnomore I doubt that she is receiving appropriate followup care.

The care's generally lousy from what she's told me.

She should be able to get a copy of her tumor biopsy, which you can then take to a real cancer facility for a second opinion.

Thanks. I'll see if the hospital will let me have a copy. I'm expecting the to deny my request because (1) The information is property of the state and/or (2) HIPPA laws forbid disclosure of medical information to family members and everyone else who won't benefit from it financially.

Every case is different, but my wife had both chemotherapy and radiation after a successful operation. The treatment plan was done based on the probability of more disease, even though the margins were clear.

I'm sorry your wife had to go through that. Glad she's OK now.
fbopnomore (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,164 Times in 11,769 Posts

The HIPAA law specifically allows her to name you as someone who is authorized to have access to her medical records. The records are owned by the hospital, not by the entity that is obligated to pay the hospital. If she signs the authorization, the hospital/doctors will have to honor it, and the prison will have no involvement in that decision.
https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profes...ons/index.html

Thank you for your concern. My wife has now been cancer free for 7 years.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
The HIPAA law specifically allows her to name you as someone who is authorized to have access to her medical records. The records are owned by the hospital, not by the entity that is obligated to pay the hospital. If she signs the authorization, the hospital/doctors will have to honor it, and the prison will have no involvement in that decision.
https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profes...ons/index.html

Thank you for your concern. My wife has now been cancer free for 7 years.
Thank you Sir!
fbopnomore (06-20-2018)