Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Florida was fast this month

Everyday I check my son's release date and when I checked this morning (the 5th day of the month) his release date had been changed. This is much earlier than usual. His gain time is usually posted around the 10th or later. Guess they are rested up from the holidays. The really surprising thing was that it was changed to 20 days earlier not 10. I sure hope they didn't make a mistake and if they did they don't realize it.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Johns Wife Forever

Gain Time sheets are generally handed out on the 15th of each month, so you may be seeing an update for last month.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:06 AM

JohnsHeart, thanks but I think I have figured out what happened. When he got his gaintime on Dec 15 it was for 10 days and changed his release day to 3/9/07. Then when I checked on Jan 5 his release date have been changed to 2/17/07. This was the date we had calculated would be his release date if he earned all his gaintime. Apparently when you get to within 2 months of being released they go ahead and show your true release date to perhaps give them time to get everything done. So I think what they must have done was go ahead and award him his gaintime for the month of December and also his January gaintime.

He went to the Reception Center on 10/18/06 and then about 2 1/2 weeks later was sent to Franklin CI. He said Franklin is really nice but for someone who has a long time to serve would not like it as there is nothing to do but read and go out on the yard 2 times a day.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Closed

hm... I know an inmate who's release date was changed and he got 18 days gaintime just for one month. And he won't be released soon, he has still a whole year to go. so.... I don't get this gaintime thing.
do they get gaintime when they are in confinement (AC) even though they didn't get a DR?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milena
hm... I know an inmate who's release date was changed and he got 18 days gaintime just for one month. And he won't be released soon, he has still a whole year to go. so.... I don't get this gaintime thing.
do they get gaintime when they are in confinement (AC) even though they didn't get a DR?
if they have no reason not to give it its given even in confinement. it would be if a guy got put in confinement for his own protection they wouldn't take his gain time from him.

Always and Forever
Deborah & George

My George is Home
March 1, 2012

Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Closed

okay, that means he gets his gain time. and he did get it, yesterday. but he only got 8 days instead of ten, and his "enemy" got 15. How come? This gain time stuff makes me mad. his friend got 18 days, his enemy got 15, and he got 8. Do you think his classification officer could help me understand?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Johns Wife Forever

classification can explain it.
I know that when you for instance get a C.C. (a corrective consultation which is simply a written warning, and not officially a D.R.) that you lose some gain time for those as well, so that could have happened to your friend.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Closed

Thank you Shana. I called classification and he got only 8 days out of 10 because he doesn't have a job in confinement. And his opponent got 15 days out of 20 cause he got sentenced under the old gain time rule
Old 01-13-2007, 11:28 AM
HE'S HOME!!!!! :) :)

My guy's got changed on the 10th, it's usually on the 15th as John'sHeart said. I think he got his a few days earlier because Monday is a holiday. He got the norm tho, 10days, but IF they ever do make a mistake & give him a little extra, you had better believe I won't be calling to correct it.
He ain't nothing but a pimp
He got a lot of chicks
He's always in the club
And they say, he think he's slick,
He got a lot of chips
He's so messed up, I heard
He's been locked up, find somebody else
He ain't nothing but a thug
.....SO WHAT!!!!!.....