Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 03-20-2018, 08:55 AM

Smile What did you wear to your first MWI visit?

I will be visiting my MWI soon and wanted some insight on what to wear.. What did you all wear to your first visit? I don't want to break the rules but I also want to look good for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to LovingHim28 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-31-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingHim28 View Post
I will be visiting my MWI soon and wanted some insight on what to wear.. What did you all wear to your first visit? I don't want to break the rules but I also want to look good for him.
I had my first visit last Wednesday. It depends on the AR of the facility you're visiting but you can't go wrong with jeans and a nice top that's not too low cut. I wore skinny jeans, a white t-shirt (I had to change the vest I was wearing) and a bright pink sort of suit jacket and black boots. :-) I felt good without breaking any rules
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littledarkone For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (04-05-2018), Sarianna (03-30-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 09:04 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,522 Times in 1,529 Posts

chinos, long sleeve t-shirt and sneakers...
a.rare.love (03-31-2018), Sarianna (03-30-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 10:03 AM

Black jeans, pink top and sandals I also took another set of clothes with me just in case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-31-2018), Sarianna (03-30-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 05:23 AM

Each place has different restrictions so definitely go to website of facility & read clothing rules.

On my first visit I work skinny jeans, heeled sandals and a fitted tshirt but it was not low cut and not see through which seems to not be accepted by many places. I saw one lady get turned away for wearing a skin tight knit dress just above the knee.

I always bring a back up which is more corporate style like dress slacks and shirt/blouse similar to styles you'd find at Ann Taylor store

At place I visit u can wear a tank top as long as ur bra straps don't show and Dresses have to be at the knees when sitting down. And no yoga pants lol

Last edited by Brandy7676; 03-29-2018 at 05:26 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brandy7676 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-31-2018), Sarianna (03-30-2018), xolady (04-08-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 07:31 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,013 Times in 3,808 Posts

I wore black jeans and a black t shirt I kept it simple but made sure my hair and make up were on point to make up for the bland out fit.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-31-2018), LovingHim28 (04-02-2018), Sarianna (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 06:59 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,042 Times in 1,392 Posts

This probably doesn't count because my first visit was in county and it seems they had pretty relaxed rules about clothing (one of the counties in CA) - I was very happy that I could wear my wired pushup bra I did not have cleavage showing though; black, long sleeved shirt and a dark blue skirt (to my knees, not a tight skirt)...plus open toe high heel wedge sandals.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:54 AM
Is in the Hizzouse!

Jean's, button down shirt with tshirt under.. No white. Tennis shoes. No open toes or heels out. My hair was done and my nails were fierce.
The Following User Says Thank You to MissOne For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingHim28 View Post

Ha ha. i still remember from years ago. Mi amiga tell me, '"Girl it ain't a fashion show!" He should love you for YOU, a "real man" don't care about your attire, nor looks and you know this, and she is right. I knew deep down she was right.

Then, she go, look good for yourself NOT a man. He will love you if "real" and mature, he would still love you with a paper sack on lol and she goes, this is not a fashion show LOL HECK, He's in a prison facility, for cryin'out loud,so he should appreciate you @ the time you're there, standin' sittin down, just appreciate you even showing up to see an inmate, who did commit crimes. and she was right. So,i decided not to go all out.He actually "prefer me wearing a baggy top, or flats,sneaks, or low boots.No high heels, no "sexy anything" as he then told me, "You're so gorgeous anyhow Sweetness, so you can wear anything." LOL So, i finally decided on wearing exactly what would make ME most comfy:
-

Flat shoes, switched to that day NIKE(pink)then i changed back to the flat cute comfy ballerina type flats on (red)with Red Denim on and a blk and red baggy-real loose fit nice regular top,and i left the blk(hoodie)as it was cold out in the car. It was a nice face-to-face visit,when i finally went to see him." No complaints at all."Don't worry chica he will love you wearing anything you want if it's real so enjoy MOST important the visit, let us know also how it goes alright? God bless. .. Hugs and Blessings.Adios.

CONSISTENCY..."is key.
loyalty,maturity + respect to his el reina,(his queen)
Without "action" applied to his words, it's not real.#DON'T SETTLE.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 03-31-2018 at 02:02 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
LovingHim28 (04-02-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 04:27 PM

Get rid of facial hair (trim nose hair, wax stache, pluck eye brows), exfoliate and moisturize your skin, paint your nails, if you wear foundation (which i recommend) be sure to also contour/highlight and add just a hint of blush- or else your entire face will just be one color (this is a very common mistake). Get your foundation color based on your neck color not your facecolor. Unless you have extremely thick dark eye brows, pencil them in- it always makes you prettier. Wear lipstick, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara. DO YOUR HAIR! Clean hair, toned (if you bleach), put some waves in it. Wear something clean and nice that flatters your body type type. No tshirts or sweats. Tasteful jewelry (no tongue rings). Shave your legs and your arms. Wear red, it makes you prettier and they never see colorful stuff. Don't give him less than your best just because he's in prison. Wear some sexy pumps, or if you guys are close in height wear some cute flats.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Thanked 18,585 Times in 6,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grolarbear View Post
Get rid of facial hair (trim nose hair, wax stache, pluck eye brows), exfoliate and moisturize your skin, paint your nails, if you wear foundation (which i recommend) be sure to also contour/highlight and add just a hint of blush- or else your entire face will just be one color (this is a very common mistake). Get your foundation color based on your neck color not your facecolor. Unless you have extremely thick dark eye brows, pencil them in- it always makes you prettier. Wear lipstick, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara. DO YOUR HAIR! Clean hair, toned (if you bleach), put some waves in it. Wear something clean and nice that flatters your body type type. No tshirts or sweats. Tasteful jewelry (no tongue rings). Shave your legs and your arms. Wear red, it makes you prettier and they never see colorful stuff. Don't give him less than your best just because he's in prison. Wear some sexy pumps, or if you guys are close in height wear some cute flats.
Well I majorly failed this one if this is the standard! Lol
I gave him what he was going to get for the rest of our time together-- me. I don't wear a lot of makeup, my hair won't hold a curl for anything and with 30+ years of chronic illness under my belt I don't even own heels.

And on the lipstick: no disrespect intended because the envy I have for full red lips is ridiculous. But equally ridiculous is the number of men smeared in it after the first kiss and the women in the restroom trying to scrub off that faded line around their lips an hour later. If it works for you, do it. If not...you're me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (04-05-2018), nancyginnm (04-06-2018), Sarianna (04-07-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Starry Eyed

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 4,031 Times in 1,887 Posts

I kept it simple, especially since it was a non-contact visit. Just wore jeans and a nice button down top.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeAmbition For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Thanked 2,368 Times in 1,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I gave him what he was going to get for the rest of our time together-- me. I don't wear a lot of makeup, my hair won't hold a curl for anything and with 30+ years of chronic illness under my belt I don't even own heels.

And on the lipstick: no disrespect intended because the envy I have for full red lips is ridiculous. But equally ridiculous is the number of men smeared in it after the first kiss and the women in the restroom trying to scrub off that faded line around their lips an hour later. If it works for you, do it. If not...you're me.
My honey wants me to wear lipstick for the sole purpose of smearing it. Lol I don't get it, but little things make him happy and feel like a man I guess.

To OP, follow the guidelines first, then wear something you feel comfortable in and feel good in. It helps with your confidence if you feel good. On our visits, most people are in jeans and sweatshirts. Time to time I'll dress up a bit because we call it a "date".

Some places are stricter than others, so review that first.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-05-2018), Sarianna (04-07-2018), xolady (04-08-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Thanked 18,585 Times in 6,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
My honey wants me to wear lipstick for the sole purpose of smearing it. Lol I don't get it, but little things make him happy and feel like a man I guess.
That's right! If it works for you guys, then by all means. I just can't do it. My poor lips get so dried out here in the desert as it is. To wear anything that lasts, it's more drying. To wear anything that isn't drying, it doesn't last. Lol I give up!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-07-2018), xolady (04-08-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post

If your hair can't hold a curl, try a flat iron! Flat irons make the best curlers (use the same technique as curling a ribbon with scissors). The curls will last I promise!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grolarbear For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-06-2018), Sarianna (04-07-2018), xolady (04-08-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 09:55 PM

I wore jeans, a black t shirt and sneakers. Nothing tight, no jewelry and makeup and I got my nails done to at least makeup for the the simple outfit. Iíd say go with something simple, see how other people are dressed then youíll know what you can and cannot wear and always bring extra clothing with you just Incase. Some prisons are different but my MWI is in a federal prison that doesnít allow metal underwires if you canít walk through the metal detectors without making it ring they wonít allow you in. Jewelry is allowed so now I wear them, and canít wear inmates color clothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HisQueen0815 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-08-2018), xolady (04-08-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 08:44 AM

Thanked 5,726 Times in 2,993 Posts

I always tried to look neat and clean. I was very skinny so everything was kind of baggy. But I always went being comfortable.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-14-2018)