Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Prisoner Addiction Resources
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prisoner Addiction Resources Prison and prison release specific topics and resources regarding addiction.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Default SAFPF IB/4C Program ~ Questions

My fiance is in safp and he is hoping to be considered for the 4c program which is for offenders on probation (IB is for parole). I know that this program has really strict guidelines that they have to meet and be considered as low risk. When they go up for review they have to be picked. If they do choose him to be a 4C then what it means is he doesn't have to live in a halfway for three months after his six months is finished in safp and he is released. He'll live at home and have to go to meetings all through the week for addiction treatment. I haven't heard anyone on here meantion anything about this and I was just wondering if anyone knows more about it than I do and can fill me in on it. Or if you or your loved one was able to come straight home from safp and didn't have to live in a halfway tell me your story.Also if anyone knows, when they get six months in safp when do they get a for sure release date?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,166 Times in 7,106 Posts

I'm sorry nobody has come along to answer your questions. Maybe if you post in the Texas forums somebody there might know.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:27 AM

Default 4 c program..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekastar View Post
My fiance is in safp and he is hoping to be considered for the 4c program which is for offenders on probation (IB is for parole). I know that this program has really strict guidelines that they have to meet and be considered as low risk. When they go up for review they have to be picked. If they do choose him to be a 4C then what it means is he doesn't have to live in a halfway for three months after his six months is finished in safp and he is released. He'll live at home and have to go to meetings all through the week for addiction treatment. I haven't heard anyone on here meantion anything about this and I was just wondering if anyone knows more about it than I do and can fill me in on it. Or if you or your loved one was able to come straight home from safp and didn't have to live in a halfway tell me your story.Also if anyone knows, when they get six months in safp when do they get a for sure release date?
Hi I have experience with the program.. You can email me at (email removed in accordance to PTO policy ~ please PM member for details ) and I will get back to you.... I will say it's a great program. It's giving us our lives back and I would love to share our experience strength and hope that is has given us.... Just in a hurry to run out and can't get into it all now... I will be happy to sit down tomorrow and tell you all about it... he is graduating very soon.

Mary Ann

Last edited by lisainengland; 05-17-2012 at 12:42 AM..
Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 PM

During my last visit, my girlfriend informed me she had tested out and been offered 4C also. Saying she wouldn't have to go to a hwh for 3 months as well. She said she was debating it, because shit happens. Not as in she questions her ability to stay sober, but as in she has no car...doesn't know where she will be working...scheduling etc....and if you miss ONE SINGLE MEETING or appointment...they send you back! She is probably going to just go to hwh due to the strictness on guidelines....she will be occupied with so many follow-up counseling meetings etc...it may completely prevent her from being able to committ to a job with having to complete so many things daily when she gets out! If your loved one did take the 4C route...can you tell me anymore than what i just assume to know right now? My girl is supposed to be out around Nov 21st, 2012....thank you in advance for any help so i can understand what she is about to go through after release....

Quote:
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 PM

please forward any info about how & why the program works. My girl is scheduled for release around Nov 21, 2012...what can i expect for her obligations to be weekly...free time...work obligations...anything....thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannc1967 View Post
Hi I have experience with the program.. You can email me at (email removed in accordance to PTO policy ~ please PM member for details ) and I will get back to you.... I will say it's a great program. It's giving us our lives back and I would love to share our experience strength and hope that is has given us.... Just in a hurry to run out and can't get into it all now... I will be happy to sit down tomorrow and tell you all about it... he is graduating very soon.

Mary Ann
Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 AM

Im praying my husband qualifies for it and will get released early. Mandatory minimums and shady officers are for the birds. We really had our rights trampled on and got railroaded into this sentence. Just hope somethiung positive comes from it.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
HI I know its been a long time since theres been a post on here but what happened with the 4C like how does it work my husband is eligible for it and I am curious