Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:54 AM

Default I think I am going to be as big as a house

Ladies you ever hear people joke about eating to much junk in place of sex? Well I think I am living it! It's been 6 months and I have gained 10 pounds! Eeek! I for real got up at 10: 30 last night and drove to Walgreens and got ice cream . I sent a pic to my friend and said I swear im going to be 500 lbs before this is over! Lol eye eye eye....please tell me i am not alone here!

The Following User Says Thank You to Andy&Me For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (06-14-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 AM

Thanked 1,950 Times in 941 Posts

I lost a ton initially and gain a bunch. You are not alone. For me it is laziness. I love to cook, but hate cooking for myself and my kids are picky eaters.

He is gaining weight and wants to start eating healthier, so we decided to do it together.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Andy&Me (06-14-2018), LookingforLight (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 06:05 AM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 2,908 Times in 1,068 Posts

Oh my gosh yeeeeessss, I gained so much weight when my hubby was locked up! I was depressed and lonely and lazy as hell and ate out way too much. I had these dreams of being in shape when he came home but I was more along the lines of plump hah.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:24 AM

Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,514 Posts

Your not alone. My husband and I were super active in the sex department. I tell him all the time he's like a 20 year old. 3-5 times a day. Lol. Anyway going from that to a complete halt threw me into withdrawals and of course I turned to food and so did he. He goes up and down all the time. I e gained about 1o. But once we hit that 3 month mark I'll be losing that plus some. Ugh
Old 06-14-2018, 07:06 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,375 Posts

So far so good since I haven't had that "before" experience but it looks like I'll be in for a lot of mattress sports when he comes home and I sure hope that makes me a bit skinnier. His libido is through the roof...
I'm not fat but I'm no Heidi Klum either..
Andy&Me (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
I lost a ton initially and gain a bunch. You are not alone. For me it is laziness. I love to cook, but hate cooking for myself and my kids are picky eaters.

He is gaining weight and wants to start eating healthier, so we decided to do it together.
My youngest moved out a couple of months after he left so its just me and the dog at home. I to love to cook but ya not for one person. Lots of eating out. He gained alot of weight before he went in, ya know over doing it cause he knew he wasn't going to eat good in there. But he is 6 "3" really broad shoulders, x football player, so it didnt look bad on him. But he has of course lost all his weight.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
Oh my gosh yeeeeessss, I gained so much weight when my hubby was locked up! I was depressed and lonely and lazy as hell and ate out way too much. I had these dreams of being in shape when he came home but I was more along the lines of plump hah.
You sound just like me right now. I would like to say i will get it together but i probably want till he gets home.lol i like the word plump lol if ya dont mind i think i will just start calling myself that. Lol smh

Old 06-14-2018, 07:45 AM

I'm going to start cooking more and freezing stuff. It is also healthier in the long run

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Andy&Me (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Your not alone. My husband and I were super active in the sex department. I tell him all the time he's like a 20 year old. 3-5 times a day. Lol. Anyway going from that to a complete halt threw me into withdrawals and of course I turned to food and so did he. He goes up and down all the time. I e gained about 1o. But once we hit that 3 month mark I'll be losing that plus some. Ugh
I told my guy at this moment I wished our sex life had been not the best just so i wouldn't miss it so much! *sigh* we will get it together someday i guess!

Old 06-14-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
So far so good since I haven't had that "before" experience but it looks like I'll be in for a lot of mattress sports when he comes home and I sure hope that makes me a bit skinnier. His libido is through the roof...
I'm not fat but I'm no Heidi Klum either..
LOL No Heidi Klum here either.. Just small framed so 5 pounds looks like a lot on me. My guy is so sweet and tells me I look great all time. say's he gets complements all the time on how pretty and good I look after one of our visits. I said babe they are in prison..a gnats ass looks hot to them!! haha
We where talking about being together for the first time after so long apart, and he said he thinks he needs to take me on a couple of dates first lol. I said yeah I don't have time for all that! lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Andy&Me For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I'm going to start cooking more and freezing stuff. It is also healthier in the long run
I thought about going to one of those prep and freeze places,but it's made for like a family and not just one. I do buy big packages of meats and divide them up and freeze them. but they just sit in my freezer lol

Old 06-14-2018, 08:28 AM

I heard chocolates has the same effect on the brain as sex.

But for me I've lost weight the last 4 months. I didn't eat much and sleep was like non existent
Old 06-14-2018, 08:31 AM

Oh and ladies FYI. Most men. Like a little meat on the bones btw. The whole skinny thing is such a turn off

I say most. Not all. So as long as you're healthy I'm guessing your bf's / husband would appreciate all of you once he gets out.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoninXavier For This Useful Post:
LookingforLight (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 09:12 AM

Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,829 Posts

Well when I met my husband I was extremely thin about 90lbs soaking wet!!! I worked two jobs and was always busy walking to the beach and as far as I could. Well first time he went to prison I gained like thirty lbs from meds I was on. I went off them and lost all extra lbs in like two weeks. Now 10 years later I weigh about 130lbs and would love to lose about 20lbs, but being bored I cook a ton of stuff. All my meds make me gain weight so I have to watch what I eat. As Ron said most men don't like skinny!! I'm not fat but I'm certainly not skinny either!!!
Old 06-14-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninXavier View Post
Oh and ladies FYI. Most men. Like a little meat on the bones btw. The whole skinny thing is such a turn off

I say most. Not all. So as long as you're healthy I'm guessing your bf's / husband would appreciate all of you once he gets out.
I would say so too and the kind of guys I like prefer curvy girl to skinny. Most not all but we are always more critical of ourselves than anyone.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:30 AM

Iím a stress eater!

For health, I have to eat high protein and calcium. The doctor urges me to eat! But there is a medication that causes weight gain ... so I watch like a hawk !

My weight has been stable [no gains] cause Iíve been STARVING lately !!! I bought a big very expensive wedding gown that I NEED to fit into in 2 days !

My fiancť is / was a pro fighter so if I gain any weight he starts pushing the exercise mantra. Isnít eating exercise ? He caught me the other day sitting on the kitchen floor eating Lino Lada hazelnut spread out of the jar.

I canít wait until the 2 day feast and being reunited with my beloved cheese. Was there not a study that said cheese had the same effects on the brain as drugs ?

And all the World Cup parties at the pubs? More food to hide the stress...

Running away from my libidinous future husband will work off the cheese.... right ?

Iíll regret these thoughts at sentencing, I know.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninXavier View Post
I heard chocolates has the same effect on the brain as sex.

But for me I've lost weight the last 4 months. I didn't eat much and sleep was like non existent
And this is my problem.. There will be a nice bowel of fruit or a big piece of chocolate cheesecake i can promise I'm going for the cheesecake every time

Old 06-14-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy&Me View Post
I thought about going to one of those prep and freeze places,but it's made for like a family and not just one. I do buy big packages of meats and divide them up and freeze them. but they just sit in my freezer lol
Yup! I do the same thing!

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Andy&Me (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I think itís normal. But also itís a great opportunity (having more time) to get active, find a sport or a gym or whatever. Exercise is great therapy too
Old 06-14-2018, 10:48 AM

Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingforLight View Post
I think itís normal. But also itís a great opportunity (having more time) to get active, find a sport or a gym or whatever. Exercise is great therapy too
Yeah well I work three jobs currently so I don't have much time to hit the gym and it's pretty much the last thing I want to do in the morning before I have to work 13 hours straight. We both agreed that once we are down to three no the that we will both start getting motivated to get in better shape. I'm going to do my best. I don't want to lose to much maybe 20lbs or so. I lose in by chest first and he likes them to much so I'm just going to go at it slowly and hope to tone up a bit. And he likes me a little thick so it doesn't bother him much. Same goes for me I like a bigger man so he's perfect in my eyes.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:54 AM

I just ordered a fattening sandwich and a salad for lunch! The salad was just to make me feel better. Hahahgagaggaga

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Andy&Me (06-14-2018), Sarianna (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I just ordered a fattening sandwich and a salad for lunch! The salad was just to make me feel better. Hahahgagaggaga
Lol.. I order a coke zero with my meal.. We are winning!

Old 06-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revenwyn For This Useful Post:
Leighsfriend (06-15-2018), Sarianna (06-15-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 07:20 PM

I gained weight when he got out because he wanted to eat everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
WeepingWillow (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy&Me View Post
My youngest moved out a couple of months after he left so its just me and the dog at home. I to love to cook but ya not for one person. Lots of eating out. He gained alot of weight before he went in, ya know over doing it cause he knew he wasn't going to eat good in there. But he is 6 "3" really broad shoulders, x football player, so it didnt look bad on him. But he has of course lost all his weight.
Of course the guy loses all the weight! What else is new? My husband used to joke that he is going to go in as fat as can be so he is as unattractive as can be haha. No worry there, he is in a federal prison camp! Nothing like that happens there. Well, only if you want it, does it happen.

Anyway, maybe he had 10lbs he could lose, if that. Once he finally got gym shoes and was allowed in the rec center and use the scale, every other day he was like "I"m down to xx", then it was "I've lost another 2 lbs". I just kept rolling my eyes. Lol. He's lost more than 35lbs in 6 months. Probably because I hate cooking, we eat out almost every night, and my kids eat like birds, so what they don't finish, my husband finishes. Lol. In the prison, he doesn't buy crap at the commissary, and once dinner is over, he doesn't really eat again after that. He also said there is a ton of walking all over the camp and he is working out every day (which he did at home anyway), but the excess walking is probably 5-7 miles a day. Too bad they can't have fitbits. So anyway, he has traded in his pants I think 5x already.

For me, I've lost my dinner buddy, and am usually too tired to ask a friend to go out to eat, and if my kids aren't with their dad for dinner, I scrounge around something here or they grab something, and we go out on weekends, but definitely eating way less and I have lost while he's gone, but like others have said, the minute he comes home, I know he will be wanting a good steak, and he even said he misses sushi, which he doesn't even like. So, while I tend to eat small snack type of dinners, it is probably only a matter of time.

The good news is that the year before he left, I stopped eating carbs and lost a bunch of weight, so I that has helped. Unfortunately, those damn vending machines, only have carbs in them and no healthy options. It's amazing you'd think they could at least put celery sticks in there!
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (06-15-2018)