Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:42 PM

Default Roederer Assessment

Good evening. My father was transferred today from Breckinridge County jail to Roederer. Is Roederer Correctional and Roedered Assessment Center the same place?? Will his phone and commissary monies be transferred with him since it was apparently a different system? Also, visitation is not allowed for first 60 days, so I've read...is there a way to get approval for a 1 time out of state relative (me-i live in TX, but will be home in January)??
And approximately how long will it take to get signed up for SOTP class and moved to his home prison? According to the plea deal he took, he should be eligible for parole after 14 months, however, I have been told that it is mandatory for the class to be completed PRIOR to him being released and it is more likely to be 2.5-3 years. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Sorry for all the questions. Completely new to this, but needing some insight!!!
-Kris
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2018, 07:06 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,270 Times in 15,272 Posts

Yes, Roederer Correctional and Roedered Assessment Center are the same facility in LaGrange. Unfortunately, it is their policy to not allow visits for 60 days....they even let My Mr have a visitation application until those 60 days were served I don't know if they'll make an exception for you or not, but anyone who travels over (I think) 450 mi

According to DOC Policies & Procedures:

An exception may be made to any institutional procedure if special circumstances arise; however, a request for an exception shall be made andapproved one (1) week in advance by the Warden or his designee. Special circumstances shall include:

3. Distance the visitor travels

https://corrections.ky.gov/About/cpp...CPP%2016.1.pdf

His money should go with him, but errors sometimes happen DOC uses Securus for phone calls.....if Breck County uses Securus, he can still use it, but not until his voice recognition recording is made. If Breck used a different phone service provider, you'll have to contact them for a refund.

As an SO he'll have to serve 85% of his sentence and, yes, he'll have to complete SOTP (or serve out). I think many (most) of DOC's programs have a waiting list. I hope he is able to begin his program pretty quick, once transferred.

Hope this helps! Welcome to PTO

EDIT: I'm not too far from Breck....we had to go through Breck to Grayson (Leitchfield) for PO appts for a while.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 12-06-2018 at 07:09 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 08:18 PM

Thank you for the information. I will inquire closer to time for my trip. The phones at Breck I would load money through Inmatesales. And commissary through Tiger.

His plea was for 6 years eligible for parole after 14 months, 20%. Will they still require him do 85%? And my understanding is that without completing the class, even if they serve full time, they cannot get out because it is mandatory for all SO.

This whole thing is a huge mess, at the hands of his GF and daughter. Biggest load of crap ever. Definitely has given us a different perspective to what goes on!
Old 12-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,707 Times in 2,868 Posts

Hi and welcome.

Even though he will be eligible at 20%, if he has not completed SOTP then he will not have a hearing at all. He will then be held at the 85% rule --no good time, no education credit given to take his sentence below the 85% -- until he completes SOTP. Unfortunately, DOC will not even think about putting him in SOTP until he nears the end of his sentence. Mostly because there is a waiting list, and because it is a 2 year class. However, while that's their reasoning, it appears they really don't seem to want anyone to complete it early in their sentence. If he refuses SOTP all together while incarcerated, he'll have to serve out his sentence day for day with absolutely no credits given at all. Of course he will then have to complete it on the outside while on the SO postincarceration supervision which is a 5 year timeframe. If he violates any condition placed on him while on that supervision, he'll go back in and serve day for day with no chance of release or credits until that time is up.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
Hi and welcome.

Even though he will be eligible at 20%, if he has not completed SOTP then he will not have a hearing at all. He will then be held at the 85% rule --no good time, no education credit given to take his sentence below the 85% -- until he completes SOTP. Unfortunately, DOC will not even think about putting him in SOTP until he nears the end of his sentence. Mostly because there is a waiting list, and because it is a 2 year class. However, while that's their reasoning, it appears they really don't seem to want anyone to complete it early in their sentence. If he refuses SOTP all together while incarcerated, he'll have to serve out his sentence day for day with absolutely no credits given at all. Of course he will then have to complete it on the outside while on the SO postincarceration supervision which is a 5 year timeframe. If he violates any condition placed on him while on that supervision, he'll go back in and serve day for day with no chance of release or credits until that time is up.
Oh wow. We were hoping a couple years at most. Why do they make this class so inaccessabile if it is mandatory, especially with all of the over crowding we hear about. His lawyer says this is a huge problem and has several clients in the same situation, so has appeals in to KY over the law.
Who knows, hopefully he will be lucky and get it done..the sooner the better!! We had not heard anything about this 85%!!!

Thank you for the information!!
Old 12-06-2018, 09:50 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,270 Times in 15,272 Posts

The laws for SO's change fairly often...and keep getting worse & worse. Something's gotta give

You may want to say "Hello" in the Loving a Sex Offender forum (LASO)...its a soft place to land, lots of understanding and support for the loved ones of SO's. Be sure to scroll down past that big white space to see all the sub-forum & threads. (Keep asking state specific questions in the KY forum, though)

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-06-2018, 10:33 PM

Thank you! I will take a look. I appreciate it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kpowell1227 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-07-2018)