Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia & New Zealand Prison & Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia & New Zealand Prison & Jail Discussions If the topic is a prison or jail in either of these countries, this is the place to discuss it!

Old 12-02-2018, 09:27 PM

Default Banned from visits

Hi so in september this year i was banned from visits for taking in contraband. I was banned for a year because the sent the letter to a previous address. I want to write a letter asking them to reconsider the length of the ban but have no idea what to write. Can anybody help
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2018, 11:22 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,270 Times in 15,272 Posts

The first thing you may want to say in a letter to the Warden is to apologize - profusely. Also, take full responsibility for your actions, no excuses or blaming others. Make sure your spelling and punctuation are correct

I don't know whether they'll reduce the time of the ban, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You'll never know if you don't ask Let us know what the Warden says....Good Luck!!

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
David (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 02:44 PM

Hi thanks for the welcome

Do u have any suggestions for apologising without me sounding like a raving lunatic I've been trying to start the letter for a couple of days but sounds stupid. Also do u think if I said something along the lines of worried newborn baby won't be able to bond with him properly when he gets out (she will be 11 months old when he gets out)
Old 12-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,656 Times in 4,056 Posts

Well you should just keep the letter basic and apologetic. Accept responsibility and ask for a shorter ban. It may work,it may not, Do you have a trusted family member or friend who could take the baby to see him.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
David (12-04-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 01:45 PM

Hi
It is hard to write things like this sometimes. I havent heard of anyone unfortunately that has had a ban reduced when they have brought in contraband. Generally they are very strict on this and enforce the rules, and they do need to for reasons we sometimes may not understand. But you can try and write a letter.

You could write that you know you have done wrong and you accept responsibility for this. I dont know your situation and if you are new to the regulations around prisons, but if this is so, maybe you could write that it has been your first time with the system and you didnt understand fully but now do and wont do it again.

I am not sure that using the bonding of baby and dad will help you with a reduction of time of the ban, however you could write about this. As Maytayah has said to you, another family member can always take the baby in if you are worried about bonding between baby and dad.

Hope this helps a little.
Nadia
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadia_Au For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-05-2018)