Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail This forum deals with all the ins and outs of the Canadian Prison and Criminal Justice System, including Phones, Mail, Packages, and visitation.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Полезный дурак

Default Questions In Regard To Paper Gifts : Acceptable Mail ?

I am leaving for overseas a couple days before the birthday of my husband. His birthday is on a visit day so I feel even worse about being away. And shortly after, I will not be here for his transfer to his mother institution.

I am going to make charitable donations in his name as his gifts. It is the kind where you symbolically adopt a species. He has enough $$ for canteen & telefones...

So . . . my questions . . .

1. In 1 case, where one pays for a virtual gift for some thing basic like, „ keep an Arctic Hare’s home cool” for x amt. $$ , could I send a copy of the e - mail in regular post ? Are copies of emails acceptable ??
2. Would a direct mail from the charity, with a greeting card and an adoption certificate, be acceptable ? Greeting cards seem to be very plain ... just glossy card paper ...
3. Or . . . should I have the adoption packet send to my home address and include only the certificate in a personally purchased greeting card ?? Again, would a copy of the email be acceptable too??

Call me idiot . . whatever . . . but besides what I learn here, I can’t find a lot on CSC mail rules ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ne Plach’ For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-16-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2018, 03:51 PM
OnparoleinTO

A paper copy of an e-mail should be fine. So should a message from the sponsoring organization. They are not supposed to read mail - only to make sure there is no contraband or prohibited items. Of course as always in that system you can't be sure they will follow their own rules - but usually they do.

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onparoleinTO For This Useful Post:
Ne Plach’ (11-16-2018), Sarianna (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 07:22 AM
Полезный дурак

Thanks!

Unless my LO is not telling me he has more information or I can’t find it on the CSC website, it is my opinion, that there is not a lot of information in regard to mail federally.

This site has been great in that people share what they know. As well, some provincial systems have clear lists of no - no ’ s [ stickers, glitter, kinds of cards ... ] that I use those rules applied to federal. Other times, I simply get lost !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ne Plach’ For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (11-16-2018), Sarianna (11-16-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 09:10 PM
OnparoleinTO

It's sad how little information CSC provides on things like mail, phone, visits - it's terrible. But that's how I got on this site in the first place - first to try to get answers and then later to share what I learned (the hard way).

Another problem is that you can't count on consistency. People sent me many letters with newspaper clippings. 90% of the time they were delivered; 10% of the time they were rejected and sent back. But most things in the prison are like that.

Travel well!
The Following User Says Thank You to onparoleinTO For This Useful Post:
Solstice2020 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onparoleinTO View Post
It's sad how little information CSC provides on things like mail, phone, visits - it's terrible. But that's how I got on this site in the first place - first to try to get answers and then later to share what I learned (the hard way).

Another problem is that you can't count on consistency. People sent me many letters with newspaper clippings. 90% of the time they were delivered; 10% of the time they were rejected and sent back. But most things in the prison are like that.

Travel well!
Newspaper clippings? Do they have newspapers in Federal prison? Like how does one keep up with current events?