Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:01 PM

Default Alhambra Intake: Will his metal framed glasses be an issue?

I have another question, gee, surprise.

I know that when my friend is transferred to Alhambra for intake he isn't allowed to take any of the property that he currently has in Camp Verde, stationary etc. He told me he was worried that he may have a problem with his glasses, he has metal framed ones. Is that a problem? Do we need to get him another pair with plastic frames?

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2020, 11:02 PM

I never got a response but I want to elaborate on this. He wore frames that were the half frame style, metal on top of lens' and ear frames. They are NOT allowed to wear them to Alhambra. His sister had to order, thankfully he purchased his glasses online and they had his script, completely plastic frames.

Hopefully this will help someone else.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:46 AM

I don't think that metal frames to be much of a issue. My loved one and many of the men I've seen have metal frames. Now if the frames break getting new metal ones may be an issue.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:29 PM

Actually while he was in county he had to get plastic frames. He wasn't allowed to take anything with him either. According to everything he heard and what I read you are allowed to have a mustache but when got to Alhambra they made him shave! He's had that since right out of high school, 1983. It seems things are up to who ever is in charge at the time.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:34 PM
here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhalliburton View Post
Actually while he was in county he had to get plastic frames. He wasn't allowed to take anything with him either. According to everything he heard and what I read you are allowed to have a mustache but when got to Alhambra they made him shave! He's had that since right out of high school, 1983. It seems things are up to who ever is in charge at the time.
DOC will insist on a clean shaven picture because it's very easy to change your look by shaving off facial hair, I believe after that some facial hair is allowed, but I don't know the details.