Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release or community service in Wisconsin should be posted here.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:44 PM

Default Can a penpal be released on extended supervision in Wisconsin

I have been writing a woman for six years now. We have become very close . I have visited her many times, she wants to continue our relationship when released in Wisconsin. We have grow really close. She is awesome...can she be Released On extended supervision to my home ? Would it be possible? Her Original County is Kenosha and I live in Winnebago county .Any Information would be greatly appreciated......My home is a good environment for her and would comply with all the rules and regulations of her extended supervision.

Last edited by RRamos64; 07-04-2020 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Adding info
The Following User Says Thank You to RRamos64 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-04-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2020, 09:49 PM
PTO Staff on LOA

Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRamos64 View Post
I have been writing a woman for six years now. We have become very close . I have visited her many times, she wants to continue our relationship when released in Wisconsin. We have grow really close. She is awesome...can she be Released On extended supervision to my home ? Would it be possible? Her Original County is Kenosha and I live in Winnebago county .Any Information would be greatly appreciated

I am not certain on applicable Wisconsin law (although I actually know someone who has a daughter in prison in Wisconsin, I can see about possibly asking them and seeing what they know.) I do know that most states allow for release to counties other than the County of arrest, but if it is possible then odds are your home and possibly you yourself will be subject to some investigation. Probably nothing too difficult. But definitely something to keep in mind. The fact you are both in Wisconsin is helpful. If she were imprisoned in a different state than where you live it would likely be more difficult.

Ill see if I can track down my friend whos daughter is in a Wisconsin prison and see what she knows. I would definitely encourage you and her to also both speak with someone from their extended release program (in her case the connection is likely to be made through a counselor.)

Good luck.

-Eric

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-04-2020, 09:58 PM

Thank you so much Eric...I feel I am lucky to have found this woman. We are both over 50 yrs old and both feel vary fortunate.......Thank you again !!