Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 07-01-2006, 10:18 PM

Default Any Help on Big Muddy River!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm new to this site and have read alot. I need to know how long it takes to get on a visitor list? I called the prison yesterday and they told me they can't tell me if We are on my step-son's visitation list. Do we get a letter from the prison or a phone call from him? He hasn't called us yet. Do we get a call from prison about taking phone calls from him? This is all so new to us and there is so many rules. I just want help if anyone can, I hate to take a 7/8 hour drive to find out we can't see him. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2006, 02:21 PM
RICKS ONE AND ONLY!!!!!!!

WELL I FEEL U ON THE DRIVE TO BIG MUDDY IM IN MILWAUKEE AND ITS ABOUT 7 HOURS FOR ME TOO. YOUR SON SHOULD CALL YOU AND LET YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE APPROVED FOR VISITATION. THE CALLS WILL COME IN A RECORDING AND YOU PRESS THREE TO ACCEPT. THEY CAN CALL AS MUCH AS THEY WANT ANY TIME OF DAY WHEN THEY ARE OUT OF THERE CELL. I BELIEVE THE INMATES ONLY GET TO COME OUT LIKE 3 OR 4 HOURS OUT OF THE DAY. YOU HAVE TO ASK YOUR SON WHAT HIS SCHEDULE IS LIKE. THE PHONE CALLS ARE PRETTY PRICEY UNLESS YOU GO THROUGH A COMPANY. MY 30 MIN PHONE CALLS ARE $35.00 SO BE CAREFUL UNTIL YOU KNOW HOW MUCH U ARE BEING CHARGED. VISITATION IS FROM 10:00AM TO 7:30 PM. EVERY DAY. IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK. OH I FORGOT THE DRESS CODE IS VERY STRICKED SO WEAR SOMETHING THAT IS ALMOST UP TO YOUR NECK. AND HAS TO HAVE AT LEAST A SHORT SLEAVE SHIRT.
HOPE I WAS SOME HELP TO YOU!

TAKE CARE

Old 07-08-2006, 07:02 AM

Thanks for all the info. He finally called the other day and it was so good to hear his voice. We hope to be making the 5 hour drive tomm. I know the visit will be short since it is Sunday but to finally see him after 9 years will mean everything to us.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 AM

Wow Well Good Luck 9 Years Thats A Long Time!!!! Please Let Me Know How It Goes!!!

Take Care!

Old 07-09-2006, 07:42 PM

Talking

We couldn't wait to go see him so we left when hubby got home from work. took us about 5 hours with traffic aroung Chicago. We got there around 5:00 and after we wehre prossessed we went in to wait for him. It felt like forever for him to get there. This was his first time he had had any visitors so he knew as soon as they knocked on the door and said someone was here he knew it was us. OMG He hugged us so tight and I didn't want to let him go. He wa so tall I had to get on my tippie toes to hug him...lol It was one of the best days of our lives. Hope to go down there Friday but will leave alot earlier so we have more time.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:18 AM

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST VISIT! IM GOING TO BE VISITING MY MAN ON THE 24,25, OF JULY. I STAY OVER THOUGH CAUSE IM A LITTLE FARTHER AWAY THEN YOU ARE. HOW WAS THE GUARDS?? ANY PROBLEMS? WELL IM TRULY HAPPY FOR YOU! AND WHO KNOWS MAYBE ILL SEE YA THERE ONE DAY! ANYMORE QUESTIONS. FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:37 PM

Thanks so much. The guards where really nice. No problems what so ever.