Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Deuel Vocational Institution, located in Tracy, California.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Forever his!!!!!

Default Dvi drinking water

Hello
I was just wondering has anyone else's husbands, boyfriends, sons, brothers etc.. Have complained about DVIs drinking water situation. My husband has sent home 3 pages is paper that has been soaked in this water and dried. Let me tell you the sight of these papers are disgusting and terrifying. Back in 2006 a former DVI inmate had wrote about this water situation. Inmates got sick and correction officers from this water. They referred to it as NOROVIRUS CAMPYLOBACTER.
I do not know who to call about this. It is very scary especially where their health is concerned.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2015, 11:10 AM

My son said they are giving the prisoners 1 gallon of bottled water per week. He said there are over 100 people who have gotten sick from drinking the "brown" water. If you get an answer from someone, perhaps the Medical staff, at the facility could you please post. I'm very concerned, if it is NORO VIRUS CAMPYLOBACTOR that is very serious.
The Following User Says Thank You to tennmom For This Useful Post:
audreysntg (03-22-2015)
Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Donation Award 

Thumbs down Not enough

So my husband says they now give them 4 gallons a week - but still according to the Mayo clinic, that still isn't sufficient to keep a grown man well hydrated. Especially when they have inadequate cooling and tend to overheat in there quite a bit.
Supposedly in 2009 a new Zero Liquid Discharge system was installed to "comply with the State of Californias requirements for drinking water and waste water effluent quality". Veolia water and RGW Construction, Inc
So why is it that our families and friends continue to drink "brown water"?

I am looking around trying to find a class action lawsuit or some kind of petition to help make some changes. My husband has only been there 5 weeks and has lost 18lbs!
The Following User Says Thank You to HisWife401 For This Useful Post:
tennmom (04-14-2015)
Old 05-31-2015, 07:23 PM

Can you please keep us posted on this? My hubby is about to be there next month probably. Im going to try to do some research also.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:53 AM

My son is no longer at DVI so I have no way of knowing now what's going on, sorry.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:36 PM

Hi, does anyone have updates on the water supply at DVI?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staycee8221 View Post
Hello
I was just wondering has anyone else's husbands, boyfriends, sons, brothers etc.. Have complained about DVIs drinking water situation. My husband has sent home 3 pages is paper that has been soaked in this water and dried. Let me tell you the sight of these papers are disgusting and terrifying. Back in 2006 a former DVI inmate had wrote about this water situation. Inmates got sick and correction officers from this water. They referred to it as NOROVIRUS CAMPYLOBACTER.
I do not know who to call about this. It is very scary especially where their health is concerned.
This is about a year after the original post, but last weekend the water was off and visitors had to use porta potties....the water fountains all had signs on them warning you not to drink from them. My boyfriend said they're giving them bottled water and buckets to use as toilets.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mytwojoeys For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (03-12-2016)
Old 07-02-2017, 12:10 PM

Smile Contaminated water in Duell

My son is sent here for reception and the water is still bad. Why has this not been an issue. These men are humans not animals. How can this be ok?
Old 08-25-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowabeth View Post
My son is sent here for reception and the water is still bad. Why has this not been an issue. These men are humans not animals. How can this be ok?
My husband just arrived there for reception this week. I read in another, older thread that they were giving each inmate 2 gal of water every other day or something - is that still happening? Are inmates still getting rashes or sick from this? I can't believe it's been years and the problem is still not fixed!!
Old 02-28-2019, 10:40 PM

Default My Fiance was on his death bed because of the water at Tracy Prison(DVI)

My fiance was sent to Tracy Prison(DVI) in March or April of 2017 and has since been diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma cancer that has created many more health issues and caused his body to become Septic! I almost lost him and i STRONGLY believe it is because of the contaminated water at that prison. Ive spend endless hours researching and collecting information regarding this situation. He has been transferred to a facility in southern california that is more equipped to handle his medical needs... We still have a long road ahead of us & Thanks to God & my Fiances strength & determination to beat the cancer he is alive today. When he left for prison he weighed well over 230lbs, his weight dropped down to 152lbs!

Our loved ones do not deserve to be treated like this!

Does anyone know if there is an active lawsuit against Tracy Prison regarding the situation or any advice on how I should go about filing a lawsuit???

This has been emotionally & physically draining on my fiance as well as myself and our family.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisWife401 View Post
So my husband says they now give them 4 gallons a week - but still according to the Mayo clinic, that still isn't sufficient to keep a grown man well hydrated. Especially when they have inadequate cooling and tend to overheat in there quite a bit.
Supposedly in 2009 a new Zero Liquid Discharge system was installed to "comply with the State of Californias requirements for drinking water and waste water effluent quality". Veolia water and RGW Construction, Inc
So why is it that our families and friends continue to drink "brown water"?

I am looking around trying to find a class action lawsuit or some kind of petition to help make some changes. My husband has only been there 5 weeks and has lost 18lbs!
My fiance has been diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma cancer and after all the research ive done over the past few weeks i strongly believe it is from the water there! He was on his death bed fighting for his life! I was tolds that inmates are scared to file any type of grievence against the prioson because the officers & warden will make things worse for them inside the prison. The officers are already dirtbags for the things they put the inmates thru as it is, but my fiance has been transferred to a facility down south that can better accomidate is medical needs and I am going to get a lawsuit started. I have yet to find any information stating one has been filed as of now. I just dont know how to go about doing it....
Old 03-01-2019, 07:12 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,265 Times in 15,610 Posts

You would need an attorney.
It would seem to me that the employees would also be affected. Or others would have also become sick if its the water......but what do I know..

I did find this article
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...214113549.html

That's my dog's nose art

Last edited by sidewalker; 03-01-2019 at 07:16 AM..
Old 08-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Mom of Inmate
Donation Award 

Can anyone shed some light on how the water situation is going there now. I know in the past it was a big problem, and I'm wondering if this issue has gotten any better?

My heart bleeds while he's away!
Old 09-10-2019, 05:41 PM

I have been diagnosed with Stage 3 Kidney failure and I believe it was from the water at DVI. They say that they give you bottled water but I never received any. Every time I would be forced to drunk the water I would get blisters inside my mouth and sick as hell. If anyone has an attorney handling this I would appreciate any information you can get to me.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:28 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,265 Times in 15,610 Posts

What does your doctor say Junior'sdad?
I'd guess it would be difficult to win a lawsuit but any personal injury attny would be the one to ask. Or ask around.
Im sorry for your health issues.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (09-11-2019)