Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #276  
Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 PM
mrsgonzos's Avatar
mrsgonzos mrsgonzos is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 259
Thanks: 2
Thanked 158 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaswifey2009
My husband just got transferred here 2 weeks ago. Haven't been here in over 6 years so I forgot how it works. Have a few questions.. ANYONE KNOW SOMEONE IN COR SHU RIGHT NOW??? Are they allowed to use phones? If so within how long of being there? Is the mail slow there? How often can we send $$ via Jpay for commissary? Thank you! P.s, he is not new to prison has been incarcerated since 1999. I'm just concerned why we haven't herd from him. Any help would be very appreciated.

If you haven't heard from him since the transfer 2 weeks ago, that is normal. They have to go thru the orientation period and get housed. Plus, the property has to transfer over to them as well like any other institution.
1) No, they are not allowed to use the phone. However, if they are in the Step Down Program then it would depend on their level which either way is limited with phone use.
2) Mail is not slow. On average it has taken max 6 days to get mail from my husband.
3) Jpay has it's own rules for how often you can send and has nothing to do with the institution. I believe there is a 3 day period wait until you can send again after each time you send money.
__________________
MRS. GONZOS
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #277  
Old 05-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Vargaswifey2009 Vargaswifey2009 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: SFVALLEY - CA, USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgonzos View Post
If you haven't heard from him since the transfer 2 weeks ago, that is normal. They have to go thru the orientation period and get housed. Plus, the property has to transfer over to them as well like any other institution.
1) No, they are not allowed to use the phone. However, if they are in the Step Down Program then it would depend on their level which either way is limited with phone use.
2) Mail is not slow. On average it has taken max 6 days to get mail from my husband.
3) Jpay has it's own rules for how often you can send and has nothing to do with the institution. I believe there is a 3 day period wait until you can send again after each time you send money.

Thanks a lot.. He dosnt have the new address where I am since I just moved 3 weeks ago & told him I would be sending new address in the mail once we got the Keyes. So I sent him a letter to Delano 2 weeks ago where he was & then I guess he got transferred the next day. So I got his address there a week after. I sent a letter there will info last week. Idk what step down means but he's level 4. Also how long abouts is it taking THEM to get mail? Since he's going through orientation still does he get the mail or they wait until he's settled in??
Thanks also for info on JPAY. I sent him $$ last week the day we found out he was there & some ladies said they notify them with a slip or something stating they received $$ & from who??? Others said it could take 3-5 business days??? I just sent the $$ to make sure he knew I knew he was there & if he needed stamps or whatever...
Thanks again.
INSTAGRAM : removed info per policy

Last edited by sass4221; 05-26-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM
mrsgonzos's Avatar
mrsgonzos mrsgonzos is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 259
Thanks: 2
Thanked 158 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaswifey2009
Thanks a lot.. He dosnt have the new address where I am since I just moved 3 weeks ago & told him I would be sending new address in the mail once we got the Keyes. So I sent him a letter to Delano 2 weeks ago where he was & then I guess he got transferred the next day. So I got his address there a week after. I sent a letter there will info last week. Idk what step down means but he's level 4. Also how long abouts is it taking THEM to get mail? Since he's going through orientation still does he get the mail or they wait until he's settled in?? Thanks also for info on JPAY. I sent him $$ last week the day we found out he was there & some ladies said they notify them with a slip or something stating they received $$ & from who??? Others said it could take 3-5 business days??? I just sent the $$ to make sure he knew I knew he was there & if he needed stamps or whatever... Thanks again. INSTAGRAM : removed info per policy
He should get your letter soon. It takes between 5-7 days for my husband to get my mail. Be patient he will get his mail. It may be longer if he is moved to a different block/cell.
If you don't know what Step Down is then he is likely not in it. Being level IV is just his security level.
He will get his JPay notification on a slip with the amount and from who on it. The money can be as soon as the next day but up to 72 hours to post to his account. He will be able to use as much as $55 for commissary if he does not owe restitution. He will find out what draw he is once he is there for commissary.
__________________
MRS. GONZOS

Last edited by sass4221; 05-26-2015 at 07:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 05-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Vargaswifey2009 Vargaswifey2009 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: SFVALLEY - CA, USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgonzos View Post
He should get your letter soon. It takes between 5-7 days for my husband to get my mail. Be patient he will get his mail. It may be longer if he is moved to a different block/cell.
If you don't know what Step Down is then he is likely not in it. Being level IV is just his security level.
He will get his JPay notification on a slip with the amount and from who on it. The money can be as soon as the next day but up to 72 hours to post to his account. He will be able to use as much as $55 for commissary if he does not owe restitution. He will find out what draw he is once he is there for commissary.
Thanks soooo much girl for fast response & ur help... I've been stressing you know. I've been doing this 9 year & the waiting on mail or info game is still hard when you don't know what's going on.
Thanks sooo much!

INSTAGRAM : removed info per policy

Last edited by sass4221; 05-26-2015 at 07:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 05-26-2015, 08:08 PM
mrsgonzos's Avatar
mrsgonzos mrsgonzos is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 259
Thanks: 2
Thanked 158 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaswifey2009
Thanks soooo much girl for fast response & ur help... I've been stressing you know. I've been doing this 9 year & the waiting on mail or info game is still hard when you don't know what's going on. Thanks sooo much! INSTAGRAM : removed info per policy
No problem! Welcome to the COR. I've been here for 6-7 years I'm losing count. Will be transferred soon enough. It's not a very active thread here, however, I do check in and will answer if I can.
__________________
MRS. GONZOS
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Mrz.ArAnDa Mrz.ArAnDa is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: El Centro CA.
Posts: 2
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm new to this site too where you from?
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 05-26-2015, 10:59 PM
Vargaswifey2009 Vargaswifey2009 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: SFVALLEY - CA, USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sfvalley
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Sammy's Girl's Avatar
Sammy's Girl Sammy's Girl is offline
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,371
Thanks: 384
Thanked 963 Times in 658 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgonzos View Post
No problem! Welcome to the COR. I've been here for 6-7 years I'm losing count. Will be transferred soon enough. It's not a very active thread here, however, I do check in and will answer if I can.
We are awaiting a transfer as well, couldn't come soon enough! Looking forward to that contact visit!
__________________
.
>
.
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 05-29-2015, 11:33 PM
mrsgonzos's Avatar
mrsgonzos mrsgonzos is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 259
Thanks: 2
Thanked 158 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl
We are awaiting a transfer as well, couldn't come soon enough! Looking forward to that contact visit!
Yes! I can't wait! Although, I am going to miss the privacy of SHU visits.
__________________
MRS. GONZOS
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 01-14-2016, 08:38 AM
mxpyacymmzy mxpyacymmzy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Him:CA,USA/Me:MN,USA
Posts: 130
Thanks: 93
Thanked 55 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Hi everyone! I just found out that my husband was transferred here from Wasco last week. Not really sure how COR is. He will be in SNY level 4 and he says that he scores high enough to work in PIA. How does that work with him being in SNY? Or does it not matter. He also said that if he has good behavior, in a year, he'll drop down to level 3. Also, are there other things that I need to know?! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mxpyacymmzy For This Useful Post:
mrs.duarte24 (10-02-2016)
  #286  
Old 10-02-2016, 11:21 PM
mrs.duarte24 mrs.duarte24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: santa cruz/ sacramento
Posts: 20
Thanks: 19
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

My husband should be moving here soon and I would appreciate if anyone can answer the same questions below? TIA!
Also does anyone know what programs are available for level 4 SNY inmates?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpyacymmzy View Post
Hi everyone! I just found out that my husband was transferred here from Wasco last week. Not really sure how COR is. He will be in SNY level 4 and he says that he scores high enough to work in PIA. How does that work with him being in SNY? Or does it not matter. He also said that if he has good behavior, in a year, he'll drop down to level 3. Also, are there other things that I need to know?! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 10-30-2017, 09:51 PM
sylvia glenn sylvia glenn is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: alberta canada and cali
Posts: 124
Thanks: 33
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisSugarPie View Post
Hi Pnjcanoe! Packages for SHU inmates are different than for mainline inmates. SHU inmates can only receive annual food packages and they have to be in a SHU unit for a year to receive them. Now, if he was in a SHU unit at the place he was transferred from and it has been a year, then yes, he can get them. The best way to find out his date is either to ask him or to call Corcoran (559-992-8800) and talk to his counselor.

You can definitely send envelopes and paper. Either the prestamped kind or a book of stamps and plain envelopes. I usually send a pack of 150 sheets of paper, 20 envelopes and 20 stamps in a large manila envelope with NO metal closures. The best kind to get are the ones with the peel and stick closures. If you have more questions, the boards here are full of wonderful information.
shu inmates are allowed one package a year unless hes on nds status
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 10-30-2017, 09:53 PM
sylvia glenn sylvia glenn is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: alberta canada and cali
Posts: 124
Thanks: 33
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgonzos View Post
Yes! I can't wait! Although, I am going to miss the privacy of SHU visits.
I hear you on the privacy we love shu my husbands spent 20 years combined in there
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 10-31-2017, 09:58 AM
sylvia glenn sylvia glenn is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: alberta canada and cali
Posts: 124
Thanks: 33
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

mine got moved from shu to asu not sure why? does he get visitation in asu ?
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 10-31-2017, 10:07 AM
sylvia glenn sylvia glenn is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: alberta canada and cali
Posts: 124
Thanks: 33
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday123 View Post
Hi lojo.

Let me first say I think when I type I leave more in my head then I put on paper. As I said in my post, (not verbatum) it is a very individual decision.

Mine did 12 straight years on his last bid, and from what I know made alot of enemies that had to PC up as a result. He is a two striker, and now that he wants to change his life this time around has decided its best just to do his in-determinant time in the shu to guarantee he will come home on his out date.

I didnt mean to say all SNY are living chaotic, I just know that a lot of the LONG TIMERS whether they be main line, shu, or SNY tend to know who is who, and according to him there is more drama than he cares to risk with his situation being an habitual 2 striker.

I hope I made sense

Thank you for listening.
sny LOTS OF TWO FIVERS ITS ALL DRAMA THERE NOBODY IS SAFE my husband recinded his SNY status and we were out of there thank god so much drama there

and yes the long timers know each other stick together its the young punk two fivers who stir up all the shit long timers don't put up with even if it is the typical 3 on one two fivers they cant stand on they're own man to man

Last edited by patchouli; 10-31-2017 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 11-04-2017, 12:43 AM
MoeV MoeV is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: California
Posts: 4
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello, I went through this forum and couldn’t find a thread that might help me out. A LO passed away in Corcoran. I’m aware that important info is only released to next of kin. My question is, is there anyway to find out the details/specifics of his passing? If anyone has any information that they could pass down it would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 11-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Preciousgrayjr Preciousgrayjr is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: California
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Is Corcoran State Prison on Lockdown

I'm not sure but I haven't spoken to my husband or received a letter from him in over a week.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 11-06-2017, 07:44 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 32,692
Thanks: 57,955
Thanked 31,266 Times in 15,611 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeV View Post
Hello, I went through this forum and couldn’t find a thread that might help me out. A LO passed away in Corcoran. I’m aware that important info is only released to next of kin. My question is, is there anyway to find out the details/specifics of his passing? If anyone has any information that they could pass down it would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Im so sorry for your loss.
As to details of the death, I dont know. Chaplain maybe?
Or if you have a contact number for a family member, maybe they would share?
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 09-02-2019, 02:04 PM
AnieLove56 AnieLove56 is offline
His Girl ❤️
 

Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Both In California (Me: North, Him: South)
Posts: 210
Thanks: 28
Thanked 79 Times in 61 Posts
Default

So being still fairly new to all this, can someone explain to me the whole yard level stuff? Cuz I am so confused when seeing posts about it.
__________________
You won't see him all over Instagram, or screenshots of conversations, and I don't care if you never know his name. Just know he's there & he's mine.

Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 09-06-2019, 08:00 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 32,692
Thanks: 57,955
Thanked 31,266 Times in 15,611 Posts
Default

Hi AnieLove
its got to do with a few things.
The crime, his history with any criminal history etc and how much security that person needs.
Lv 1 being lower than 2, and 3 more than both of them, and so on.


Hope that helps you a bit.
You might also check this link. It explains a bit about the levels
https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/ombuds/ombud...a-prison-faqs/
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 09-06-2019, 08:15 AM
AnieLove56 AnieLove56 is offline
His Girl ❤️
 

Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Both In California (Me: North, Him: South)
Posts: 210
Thanks: 28
Thanked 79 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Hi AnieLove
its got to do with a few things.
The crime, his history with any criminal history etc and how much security that person needs.
Lv 1 being lower than 2, and 3 more than both of them, and so on.


Hope that helps you a bit.
You might also check this link. It explains a bit about the levels
https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/ombuds/ombud...a-prison-faqs/

That kind of helps, but how would I know where my guy lands among that? I honestly would feel weird asking. He moved from a Max Security prison to one that is a mix of Min/Max.
__________________
You won't see him all over Instagram, or screenshots of conversations, and I don't care if you never know his name. Just know he's there & he's mine.

Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 09-07-2019, 08:46 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 32,692
Thanks: 57,955
Thanked 31,266 Times in 15,611 Posts
Default

The yards/levels are separate. lv 1's stay on lv 1 yard and so on.
Once he see's his counselor they will let him know what yard he will go to.
Is he mainlined yet or still in reception?
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:00 AM
AnieLove56 AnieLove56 is offline
His Girl ❤️
 

Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Both In California (Me: North, Him: South)
Posts: 210
Thanks: 28
Thanked 79 Times in 61 Posts
Default

He's been at this prison for 2 years, gets out in 2 years. Been in a total of 12.

I've read somewhere that when sending mail, the housing unit we put down, that tells you basically what level they are at? Idk if that's true. Cuz what he did was pretty violent.
__________________
You won't see him all over Instagram, or screenshots of conversations, and I don't care if you never know his name. Just know he's there & he's mine.

Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:46 AM
gvalliant gvalliant is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: California
Posts: 755
Thanks: 1,413
Thanked 1,542 Times in 637 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnieLove56 View Post
I've read somewhere that when sending mail, the housing unit we put down, that tells you basically what level they are at?
Yeah.....if you know his yard and then do research to figure it out. Most CA prisons have 4 yards. Each yard houses a specific level.

If he was in fact at a "Max", that would have been a level 4 "yard". Even that prison likely had other yards that had other levels and it was not just a "Max" prison. In fact, I think every CDCR prison has a level 1 yard - those guys do a lot of the prison maintenance work.

Easier to just ask him if he is level 1, 2, 3, or 4. He will know.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
AnieLove56 (09-16-2019), sidewalker (09-07-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:42 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics