Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to SVSP Salinas Valley State Prison located in Soledad, California.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:19 PM

can we were black stretch pants at this prison?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2019, 12:08 PM

hey everyone,
im kind of new to this website but i have a question that im hoping someone can answer. You see I just got approved last week to visit my boyfriend at this prison however, the day before he told me that i got approved i unfortunately got pulled over for speeding and got a traffic ticket. That following weekend i managed to visit him and they did not mentioned anything about my ticket. I was told that you can be denied to visit someone for unpaid tickets but does that also apply getting denied even after you got approved? I am planning on paying my citation ASAP but i would still like to visit my boyfriend.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:32 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,781 Times in 8,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvillagran1102 View Post
hey everyone,
im kind of new to this website but i have a question that im hoping someone can answer. You see I just got approved last week to visit my boyfriend at this prison however, the day before he told me that i got approved i unfortunately got pulled over for speeding and got a traffic ticket. That following weekend i managed to visit him and they did not mentioned anything about my ticket. I was told that you can be denied to visit someone for unpaid tickets but does that also apply getting denied even after you got approved? I am planning on paying my citation ASAP but i would still like to visit my boyfriend.
As long as it was a citation and not a criminal offense, you're OK. Shoot, I hope I'm right because I got my first ticket in 16 years last week on my way to the prison. Lol But truly, it's fine. If you're concerned and want to be sure, mention it to them the next time you're going through processing. They'll tell you if you need to do anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 02:23 PM

Hey it was just a citation. I went down to CHP to ask how much it will cost so I can just get it over with and they told me that they havent even entered it in the system yet. They said to check again in a month. But i think your right because even after I got the citation last week I still got to visit him last weekend.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
As long as it was a citation and not a criminal offense, you're OK. Shoot, I hope I'm right because I got my first ticket in 16 years last week on my way to the prison. Lol But truly, it's fine. If you're concerned and want to be sure, mention it to them the next time you're going through processing. They'll tell you if you need to do anything.

Hey it was just a citation. I went down to CHP to ask how much it will cost so I can just get it over with and they told me that they havent even entered it in the system yet. They said to check again in a month. But i think your right because even after I got the citation last week I still got to visit him last weekend.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
A month?! I was wondering. I've never had a ticket in Cali so their system is foreign to me. I signed up for email notification so I can pay it when it posts, but I was hoping it was sooner than that. No wonder people forget to pay.

In the meantime enjoy your visits and let's hope our tickets aren't too painful.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:08 PM

Default SVP anyone have any info on this place?

I tried to schedule a visit and it's fill. 😂
How is the walk in process?
TIA
Old 06-29-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
A month?! I was wondering. I've never had a ticket in Cali so their system is foreign to me. I signed up for email notification so I can pay it when it posts, but I was hoping it was sooner than that. No wonder people forget to pay.

In the meantime enjoy your visits and let's hope our tickets aren't too painful.
Hello again,
Last weekend I was good to see my man even after getting the ticket. However, yesterday I finally looked online and saw that I am on the system and the amount I have to pay. Once seeing that I immediately went down there and paid the full amount. I recieved a receipt and prior to paying I received a court date that I had to show up. Since I paid the amount the case is now closed. I am planning on going to see him this weekend. Will I still be able to visit? I'm nervous that I will be denied to visit him now.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:40 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Hello again,
Last weekend I was good to see my man even after getting the ticket. However, yesterday I finally looked online and saw that I am on the system and the amount I have to pay. Once seeing that I immediately went down there and paid the full amount. I recieved a receipt and prior to paying I received a court date that I had to show up. Since I paid the amount the case is now closed. I am planning on going to see him this weekend. Will I still be able to visit? I'm nervous that I will be denied to visit him now.
You should be fine. It wasn't a criminal matter. But again, if you want to be sure, speak with the visiting sgt. before you leave visiting next time. And thanks for the update! I'll go online and see if mine is there. I signed up for email notification and haven't heard anything yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-04-2019)