Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:22 AM

Default Massive MD Prison Corruption Indictments

I know I can’t post a link to the article that’s in the Associated Press website today, but go to the AP website and search “MD prison smuggling” and you’ll find the article.

All of us who’ve spent time inside the fence have seen contraband moving around (even if we didn’t touch the “forbidden fruit” ourselves) and we all know the individuals and networks who bring it in and move it around have always been present (no surprise there), but... This was a gigantic, almost industrial level contraband/smuggling operation and the CO’s were apparently the brains, heart and backbone of the whole operation.

This makes me sigh and roll my eyes upward, because all of us always knew it was prison employees who brought in the great majority of the contraband when I was inside. It was an established, time-honored system that we obviously kept our mouths shut about. Still, the amount of crying and posturing that prison system administrators do about contraband coming in through packages and visiting rooms has always been ridiculous. I doubt they could be so blind and ignorant that they don’t know where the real problem really is.

At any rate, the feds have evidently dug up a good example of the reality of it all in Maryland. IMO, it’s about time for credit to be given where credit is due and it looks like that’s going to happen in the courts in the near future--at least in this one case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Combs For This Useful Post:
alwaysmylove (11-19-2016), patchouli (10-07-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,096 Times in 1,198 Posts

Here's a headline article from the Baltimore Sun:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...005-story.html

Quote:
One inmate admitted to paying corrections officers $3,000 a week to smuggle in contraband, prosecutors said. Another said he "aimed to make $50,000 before he was released," prosecutors said.
Federal indictments against 80 people, including 18 correctional officers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nickel Timer For This Useful Post:
alwaysmylove (11-19-2016), patchouli (10-07-2016), sidewalker (10-07-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,310 Times in 7,153 Posts

None of this is surprising to me. It is rampant down here in the Louisiana system. Some of it is coming to light now, but I'd be willing to be nobody is going to be prosecuted.