Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp Michigan Prison Intake and Boot Camp Information forum.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:31 AM

Default JPay at RGC

Hi this might be in another thread somewhere but Iím having a hard time finding the info anywhere. Are inmates allowed to use the JPay email while at RGC?? My husband will be riding out anyday now and this is both our first times with this so Iím really not sure what to expect. Also should I wait to order a securepak for him until he gets transferred? Or should I order it as early as possible? Because Iíve heard it both ways. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,724 Posts

No jpay at rgc he won't even be able to use a machine until he gets to his first prison??? And same goes for the secure pack. I would wait. He more then likely won't even be entered into secure pac until he gets to prison.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
No jpay at rgc he won't even be able to use a machine until he gets to his first prison??? And same goes for the secure pack. I would wait. He more then likely won't even be entered into secure pac until he gets to prison.
Thank you!! I appreciate the info 😊😊
Old 06-27-2018, 01:30 PM

If you have any other questions just let me know :-)
Old 06-28-2018, 02:31 AM

One more question, I know it’s not like regular commissary but I was told he’d be able to order hygiene supplies while in quarantine, is that true? I just want to make sure I’ve got money on his books as soon as he’ll need it.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:31 AM

Yes he can but it all depends on when he gets there and when he's able to order. Just put money on his books just in case. When my husband got there they just ordered store that day so my husband didn't get anything for like three weeks and he was transferred the next day.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:53 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

I know personally that they can use jpay at RGC.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaAnn View Post
I know personally that they can use jpay at RGC.
Since when??? Because I have a friend that was just transferred from there and there were no kiosks???
Old 08-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

My boyfriend went to RGC in February 2018. He had a job, so he was only allowed to get on once a week, but we communicated that way while he was there. Along with phone calls. He is somewhere else now, but was there for quite awhile.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaAnn View Post
My boyfriend went to RGC in February 2018. He had a job, so he was only allowed to get on once a week, but we communicated that way while he was there. Along with phone calls. He is somewhere else now, but was there for quite awhile.
Yeah that makes sense but for people who are just passing through and only there for 30 days or so they cannot use jpay
Old 08-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Since when??? Because I have a friend that was just transferred from there and there were no kiosks???
My husbandís there now, he doesnít have a job and is leaving soon, but yes I found out that they do have access to JPay kiosks. Itís only once a week, and is difficult to get access to with how long the lines are but heís still able to use it.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellygordo View Post
My husbandís there now, he doesnít have a job and is leaving soon, but yes I found out that they do have access to JPay kiosks. Itís only once a week, and is difficult to get access to with how long the lines are but heís still able to use it.
Well that's good to know things change all the time and apparently that's one of them. My husband was there three years ago lol
Old 08-09-2018, 05:20 PM

The friend I had that just left there apparently didn't know. Or didn't want to wait in line so he lied lmao
Old 08-10-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Well that's good to know things change all the time and apparently that's one of them. My husband was there three years ago lol
Lol exactly! Things constantly change there. And I also know that if you do use the kiosk, a lot of the guards wonít allow to sign up to use the phone too, so maybe thatís why he never noticed it/cared cause he was trying to get through the insane phone line. 😂
Old 08-11-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Lol exactly! Things constantly change there. And I also know that if you do use the kiosk, a lot of the guards wonít allow to sign up to use the phone too, so maybe thatís why he never noticed it/cared cause he was trying to get through the insane phone line. 😂
That's probably it LOL I messed him up JPay and I'm waiting for him to reply to see what he has to say about it. He's not one for really typing messages anyway so it is what it is at least we know now. Has your man left yet or is he still there.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
That's probably it LOL I messed him up JPay and I'm waiting for him to reply to see what he has to say about it. He's not one for really typing messages anyway so it is what it is at least we know now. Has your man left yet or is he still there.
He just got moved yesterday to Cotton Correctional. Iím a little nervous because of some of the people that know him there but Iím trying not to think about it too much.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
He just got moved yesterday to Cotton Correctional. Iím a little nervous because of some of the people that know him there but Iím trying not to think about it too much.
We are going through that right now. My husband's going to go home facility and people go home every day so that means new people come in and a few people came just recently that know him from a while ago and it's not so good but there isn't much I can do about it. Just stay positive hope everything goes okay.