Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Folsom State Prison, located in Represa, California.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:51 PM
My Corazon For A Lifetime

Default Old Folsom Lockdown "status"

HELLO LADIES! JUS CHECKING IN... TO SEE IF ANY OF YOU THAT DO HAVE VISITS, OR KEEP A CLOSE TOUCH WITH UR MAN THROUGH MAIL, HAVE YOU HEARD OF ANY POSSIBILITY THAT THEY MIGHT BE COMING OFF LOCKDOWN? ? ? WELL MY HUBBY DONT KNOW MUCH HE JUST TELLS ME TO CALL AND ASK! BUT WHERE AM I SUPPOSE TO CALL ANYWAYS? ANYHOW IF YOU KNOW ANY 411 ON WHATS BEING UP WITH THAT WHOLE "LD" THING.. LET A GIRL KNOW.......... I MISS MY HUBBY.
WELL HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADIES!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irene77
HELLO LADIES! JUS CHECKING IN... TO SEE IF ANY OF YOU THAT DO HAVE VISITS, OR KEEP A CLOSE TOUCH WITH UR MAN THROUGH MAIL, HAVE YOU HEARD OF ANY POSSIBILITY THAT THEY MIGHT BE COMING OFF LOCKDOWN? ? ? WELL MY HUBBY DONT KNOW MUCH HE JUST TELLS ME TO CALL AND ASK! BUT WHERE AM I SUPPOSE TO CALL ANYWAYS? ANYHOW IF YOU KNOW ANY 411 ON WHATS BEING UP WITH THAT WHOLE "LD" THING.. LET A GIRL KNOW.......... I MISS MY HUBBY.
You can call the visitor information hotline to find out the lock down status of any California prison. They are supposed to update it when they are on lockdown and when they can have visits. Here is the number:
1-800-374-8474
You can call this number 24 hours a day and it's toll free.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
You can also call Folsom directly. The main number there is: 1-916-985-2561 The recorded message will tell you to choose an option for visiting. To get a hold of visiting at the prison though you have to call I think between Wednesday and Sunday. I don't think anybody is there on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Hope this helps you.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
i'm going to visit today- i'll ask him what's going on.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:45 PM

thanks for the info.. girl i appreciate it..
Old 02-15-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl07
You can also call Folsom directly. The main number there is: 1-916-985-2561 The recorded message will tell you to choose an option for visiting. To get a hold of visiting at the prison though you have to call I think between Wednesday and Sunday. I don't think anybody is there on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Hope this helps you.
i appreciate the info ladies..
Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesavedmysoul
i'm going to visit today- i'll ask him what's going on.
aww thanks i would love to know whats going on..
Old 02-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Banned

Default Back from visit

I went to visit yesterday and i asked my man about the lockdown and he said from what he hears it's still going to be awhile. Sorry ladies
Old 02-16-2008, 10:02 AM

Thanks For Checking.. Aww.. Well All We Can Do Is Wait..huh.. I Hope Its Sooner Than Later!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:48 AM

I went to visit this weekend and they had another fight in Bldg 1 so Ld will be a while...
Old 02-18-2008, 01:35 PM

hey ladies.. what i dont understand is "HOW" are they still getting in fights if they are on "lockdown" please explain.... 2 me if u know this..lol here i am thinking ok.. well if my hubbys is on lockdown he will keep his ass out of trouble... but then again i hear about things like this.. so i worry... oh.. well i hope that all dies down pretty soon... or that he just makes it home!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:33 PM

Sorry ladies but there was more drama this morning. From what I heard there was a fight this morning in the dining hall. The entire prison was on LD and 3 people were sent to the hospital. The news also said that it was blacks and hispanics, they did say it was only the 3 involved. When is this going to end? It just seems to be getting worse not better. I am with you Irene77 how are they still doing this when most are on LD?

Last edited by sjohn; 02-18-2008 at 08:35 PM..
Old 02-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Randy, My Dream Come True

Hi ladies, I got a call tonight from my husband and yes more drama. old & new are all on LD. My husband is out at FTTF and all the guy had to make up 7000 lunches because every yard is on a LD. He was saying that it did start this morning when groups of guys were being taking to eat. He was saying that they are not getting any yard time do to the fact not enough co's there because of being sent to other yards. I just hope that nothing starts up over there or out at the ranch. Over the weekend they did winter games and made guys play together of other races. Which we all know doesn't happen in prison. Whites don't play with blacks, blacks don't play with mexicans, but they were told too and they wonder why this bull Sh*# starts up.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohn
Sorry ladies but there was more drama this morning. From what I heard there was a fight this morning in the dining hall. The entire prison was on LD and 3 people were sent to the hospital. The news also said that it was blacks and hispanics, they did say it was only the 3 involved. When is this going to end? It just seems to be getting worse not better. I am with you Irene77 how are they still doing this when most are on LD?

Last edited by hesavedmysoul; 02-18-2008 at 10:01 PM..
Old 02-18-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
hey ladies.. what i dont understand is "HOW" are they still getting in fights if they are on "lockdown" please explain.... 2 me if u know this..lol here i am thinking ok.. well if my hubbys is on lockdown he will keep his ass out of trouble... but then again i hear about things like this.. so i worry... oh.. well i hope that all dies down pretty soon... or that he just makes it home!!!!!!
Even though they're on lockdown they still have to get out to eat. So hispanics can eat with blacks just not Asians cus that's who their beefing with.

Anyway according to the news the hispanics and blacks got into it now.

Riot at Folsom State Prison
Prison Put on Lockdown

February 18, 2008

FOLSOM — Folsom State Prison was on lockdown, following a riot.

The incident happened Monday morning in one of the prison's dining rooms, and involved around 200 inmates, mainly black and hispanic.

No word on what sparked the riot.

Some inmates were treated for minor injuries, and three went to outside hospitals for further medical evaluation.

No staff members were hurt.
Copyright © 2008, KTXL
Old 02-18-2008, 10:53 PM

my goodness this is just ridiculous.... they need to get some kind of control out there... if they are beefing with one race what makes u think they wont with another it is human nature they get upset and agrevated and thats why they act up... i hope that my husbands is doing well i got a letter last week so ill wait for some mail this week.. thank u ladies for all ur help.. all ur information.. its keeps me and some what ease.............but then again i carry on that worry...
Old 02-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Donation Award 

I hope this is resolved soon. I know it has been a while since some of you were able to visit or get phone calls, and now everyone is on lockdown. I am keeping all of you in my prayers. I just don't know what else to do.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:19 PM

i definately agree.. i dont know what to do either, not that there is much i can do.. but pray .. and have a lil hope and faith.. that they guys are all safe! and the ones that are suppose to make it home in a few months do.. like mine....
Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 AM

I can honestly say that I have never worried as much as I do since my husband has been at Old Folsom. I know it isn't as bad at the ranch but the scarry thing is it doesn't matter when you are in that type of an atmosphere. The reality is, anything can happen, anywhere. It sounds like now the only race not involved is the whites but I know that is just a matter of time to. We will all just keep praying that our loved ones are safe and don't get into any trouble or especially hurt.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Randy, My Dream Come True

I hope for all you ladies that they can get it together so you can go visit your loved ones. I do know that out at FTTF on Saturday when the guys had to play basketball for the winter games it was blacks & whites and it was more like a football game with all the hitting and one So. hispanics that was reffing the game and when all was over with a few of the blacks said that the So. hispanic was playing favorites and almost got that yard going over there don't know if other yards got wind of what was going on with the winter games as they call them? Little things little that get big things started in there.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 AM

I want to thank all of you ladies for posting all of the information that you know about this incident. It really helps... thank you. We just need to keep praying for our loved ones, and think positive. That's all we can really do, is just hope that things calm down and things turn out okay.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:47 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts
Default Breakfast Melee Forces Prison Lockdown

KCRA 3 News

FOLSOM PRISON LOCKDOWN
Breakfast Melee Forces Prison Lockdown

Two Groups Fought In Cafeteria, Prison Officials Say
UPDATED: 7:54 am PST February 19, 2008

FOLSOM, Calif. -- Old Folsom Prison went on lockdown Monday after a melee erupted between hundreds of inmates in the prison cafeteria.

"In a blink of an eye, that's what happened this morning," Department of Corrections spokeswoman Lt. Denise Laguna said.

Laguna said a fight between African-American and Hispanic inmates erupted at breakfast in the cafeteria. Some inmates pulled shanks, or homemade weapons. Three inmates were taken to a hospital, while several others were treated at the prison for injuries.

"It's a big deal for Folsom not because it was a lot of inmates, but because staff was able to get it under control in a very fast manner," Laguna said. Prison officials said the lockdown of all 4,000 inmates will continue until the investigation into the fight is complete.

http://www.my58.com/news/15338495/detail.html

Last edited by Terry; 02-19-2008 at 10:49 AM..
Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
HiiS LoVeR!!19

omg,,,,i cant believe this juz happened!!!i juz got a letter 2day n i was all happy,,n now THIS im so worried!!!! ,,i hope ma babe is alrite!!n ofcourse all the rest of ur men,,,,,
Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM

This is crazy, not a good way to start the New Year, nothing is guarateed, anything can happen at anytime. All we can do is pray and hope for the best. Cant they all just get along!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Unhappy

well heres another update.. i called today and they told me another fight broke out last night.. so i just dont know what the heck is going on but im worried...very much.. so .. lets keep these guys in our prayers
Closed Thread