Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:40 PM

Default Calls from Eastern Reception (ERDCC): no background noise, why?

My bf is incarcerated at erdcc. Everytime he calls our conversation goes as such . he will say a sentence and phone goes completely silent i cant even her the noise from the the background. I was wondering if anyone knew what this meant
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2020, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,704 Times in 3,777 Posts

I don't know for sure what that means, but I can take a guess.

They record all the calls made, and my guess is that they have a "white noise" filter on the phones so that the (often quite loud) background noise doesn't make the recording unintelligible. The public would be told that the filter was there to "improve call quality" - and it does probably do that.

I've gotten calls from guys who were on systems without the white noise filter and the conversation is nearly unintelligible on my end.