Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:56 AM

Default monthly report... What Happens if I Falsify My Report

i am on federal probation and my officer found out i lied on my report, what should i be looking forward to and what is the most they can do to me?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2006, 07:43 AM
ex-inmate

The most they can do is send you back in front of the judge who may in turn send you back inside the fence.

I suppose it depends on the severity of what you falsified; if you stepped outside the bounds of your judicial district for half a day to stop and didn't admit to it on the form, I doubt there'll be much trouble. If you've mis-reported your income, that's probably a bit more troublesome to them. And if you've been avoiding restitution but claiming to be taking care of it, that's probably near the upper end of the butt-kicking scale. There's really no way for any of us here to tell, without more info.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
ex-inmate

Quote:
for half a day to stop
Make that "sHop". I hate it when my brain detaches momentarily from my fingers like that...
Old 08-02-2006, 01:15 PM

Depending on your release officers recomendation maybe time in a HH, mandatory drug or alcohol program, prison time, more paper. Did you tell the truth finally or were you found our another way. I had 2 good release officers that would work with me if I was honest. The last one I had did not care would violate his own mother, another story for another day. It also depends on your relatioship with the release officer, length of time spent of release and remaining. Hate to tell you this but the judge can also send you back inside AND add more paper so good luck whatever the outcome.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Don't try, DO!

Additionally, you can be charged with a new crime for submitting a false report under 18 USC 1001. This would carry a five year maximum. I have not seen anyone charged with this, but depending on the severity of what happened, it could be a possibility.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:42 PM

Alot of P.O.s they keep a record of how many times you do the wrong thing and then take you back to court on all of them at one time. It's easier for a judge to send you back when your P.O. has more than one thing against you. It really sucks and I hope one day this will change.