Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Continuing and Adult Education
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Continuing and Adult Education Discuss college and continuing education.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Default Ideas?--Torn between 2!

I was sitting here today, thinking...I am right now in school for nursing. I would love to work with babies at some point... But some days I think about what I am going through with my husband and would love to be able to help others in my situation. Maybe be a therpist or something.. sometimes I think sometimes I think maybe even like a PO or something.. I am just not sure. I am taking pre reqs toward nursing (which are just very basic- It would probably only vary a little if I do change my mind) but I have until the summer to decide that is when I submit info for the nursing program..

Any suggestions.. :-/ I'd like to be able to make like $70,000 a year eventually. I know average nurses start at around $50-60,000 ish.. Just depends really. Money is kind of an important factor. I have struggled for ends to meet my entire life since I moved out, I def. want to find something that will let us live comfortable.

What are other jobs I could consider in the area of dealing with the law I guess... Not like an attorney or lawyer or anything like that.. But I was just sitting here thinking tonight.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Failures=Success???

You should get your RN. Are you and LVN? When people go throught certain things in life, they want to show and help others. Helping others gets exhausting especially in todays society. Being in the medical field is helping people and making a huge difference. Don't change your path, dealing with others gets redundant!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Babycakes

Stick to becoming an RN the money is great and there r always jobs. my sister-in-law is a nurse and her income gets better all the time
Old 10-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2009 View Post
You should get your RN. Are you and LVN? When people go throught certain things in life, they want to show and help others. Helping others gets exhausting especially in todays society. Being in the medical field is helping people and making a huge difference. Don't change your path, dealing with others gets redundant!!!!
No all I have is a CNA which I am doing nothing with I just got it to get a start in the medical area kind of.