Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Pennsylvania.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:12 PM

Default AC Status / RHU

What’s the longest someone can be kept on AC status in RHU? They moved my bf from gp 35 days ago to “protect him”. There is not a transfer request (I called Central this morning). I’m just curious how long this can possibly continue. Any and all help/advice greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
What’s the longest someone can be kept on AC status in RHU? They moved my bf from gp 35 days ago to “protect him”. There is not a transfer request (I called Central this morning). I’m just curious how long this can possibly continue. Any and all help/advice greatly appreciated.
Hi
I'm unsure what the longest is but my bf waited a little past 6 months before he was tranferred from AC status to GP at another facility. His original transfer request was denied from Central office (they told him paperwork error) and was told he was being placed on a swap out list. It seemed they purposely waited for his upcoming parole hearing because he was tranferred about 2 weeks after that. His greensheet came back with bogus terms that he will try to get a revocation.
The one advice I kept getting when calling around to see what was taking so long , was to encourage him to go to the weekly PRC meetings and voicing what he wants. No sure how much that actually helps.

I'm just happy he's finally back in GP an out of that previous facility. He is actually closer to home and more relaxed.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:11 AM

Thanks for the reply and the information :-) I’m still a bit confused, though. Is PRC for misconduct? My bf has no misconduct - he’s in there because they got word that “placement in general population would endanger the inmate” (exact words on his paperwork) so they took him out because they couldn’t protect him otherwise. And now he’s there for 35 days with no phone calls, no visits, and no transfer request. Should something like that be taking this long?
Old 03-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,145 Times in 1,827 Posts

My LO was -although in CA- in the hole for his own protection one time, and he was kept there until they were able to move him to another prison....and that took months; at least five months if I remember correctly (this happened years ago and I can't remember if it took five or seven months)

Old 03-16-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULLEN View Post
Thanks for the reply and the information :-) I’m still a bit confused, though. Is PRC for misconduct? My bf has no misconduct - he’s in there because they got word that “placement in general population would endanger the inmate” (exact words on his paperwork) so they took him out because they couldn’t protect him otherwise. And now he’s there for 35 days with no phone calls, no visits, and no transfer request. Should something like that be taking this long?
I'm assuming the PRC meetings apply to all. Honestly they treat them all the same back there, misconduct or not.

I'm unsure of his situation but he should be allowed a phone call and no contact/video visitation. I would call and talk to his counselor and call the security deputy for his region as well.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubgirl View Post
I'm assuming the PRC meetings apply to all. Honestly they treat them all the same back there, misconduct or not.

I'm unsure of his situation but he should be allowed a phone call and no contact/video visitation. I would call and talk to his counselor and call the security deputy for his region as well.
I just wrote him a letter asking about PRC, but with the new mail system in place it will take about a week or so for him to receive the letter. And, I can try his counselor and possibly the superintendent, as well. He hasn’t been able to make any calls nor to have any visitors, despite it not being a misconduct.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:40 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,247 Posts

Hello and welcome.

The policy on administrative custody is here:

https://www.cor.pa.gov/About%20Us/Do...Procedures.pdf

As you have already read, AC status pending transfer often lasts for months.

The PRC meets weekly. His Ac status must be reviewed in accordance with the time frame found in ADM-802.

His unit counselor is required to see him once per week. he can also send request slips to the counselor. The latter is the preferred method of getting answers. The counselor can ensure that his status is reviewed on time.

Other staff are required to make periodic cell-to-cell rounds, including a psychologist, a lieutenant and a chaplain.

The best thing you can do is write him frequently. Mail coming under the door will be the high point of his day.