Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 10-30-2018, 03:39 PM

Default Husband is at Moberly, I have questions

So my husband is getting transferred to moberly from Booneville. He has open cases still, does his level go up now or does it change once his new cases are over? Is it normal for them to transfer from a minimum level prison to a minimum /medium level?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2018, 09:27 PM

Default Husband is at Moberly, I have questions

So my husband just got transferred to Moberly from Booneville. I am new to all this but i am trying to figure out why? Booneville is Minimum and Moberly is Min-med... he does have open cases but i thought his level didnt change until after he pleds out on those cases or when they are over with? am i wrong?? does anyone know how that works?? Also are they able to take pics and if so how much and how many do they get??? Also my husband has his barber license, is that an option at Moberly for a job. i havent read anything yet about that being an option. Also do you know which housing unit 3 is ?? is that med security or minimum at Moberly... Sorry for all the silly questions but i appreciate any help i can get :-) thanks again
Old 10-31-2018, 05:47 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,537 Times in 1,599 Posts

Hi there - I moved your posts to prison specific forum and merged them as they are essentially about the same situation

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Blunt1982 (11-01-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 06:47 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,937 Times in 15,109 Posts

I can't answer whether Moberly has a barber job or not, but I will say that he shouldn't have any problems finding "clients." Matter-of-fact, they'll find him if / when word gets out that he cuts hair He may never have to do his own laundry LOL

EDIT: You'll find basic info for sending money, visitation approval, phones, email, etc on MO DOC's website:

https://doc.mo.gov/

I located an Inmate Handbook for Moberly from 2014....it was gotten through FOIA (Freedom of Information Act).

Moberly Inmate Handbook, 2014

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 10-31-2018 at 07:35 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Blunt1982 (11-01-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuburte82 View Post
So my husband is getting transferred to moberly from Booneville. He has open cases still, does his level go up now or does it change once his new cases are over? Is it normal for them to transfer from a minimum level prison to a minimum /medium level?
If he was transferred from Moberly to Boonville, then his custody level dropped. Custody level in Missouri is determined by 2 factors:

1. type of crime committed
2. length of time left on sentence

Judging by the custody move I would say he was transferred due to the length of time he has left. They likely adjusted his custody level and C-Score. He was probably a C-3 and Medium and is now a C1/C2 and Minimum.

If he had open felony cases, they would be taken care of while he was in prison and they would transfer him to the prosecuting county to be arraigned and tried on those charges.

If he has open misdemeanor cases, I would suggest having him visit with his case worker and file 180 day writs to the counties of record where he has open/pending charges to get them taken care of before his release date.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlassCity1982 For This Useful Post:
Blunt1982 (11-04-2018), patchouli (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity1982 View Post
If he was transferred from Moberly to Boonville, then his custody level dropped. Custody level in Missouri is determined by 2 factors:

1. type of crime committed
2. length of time left on sentence

Judging by the custody move I would say he was transferred due to the length of time he has left. They likely adjusted his custody level and C-Score. He was probably a C-3 and Medium and is now a C1/C2 and Minimum.

If he had open felony cases, they would be taken care of while he was in prison and they would transfer him to the prosecuting county to be arraigned and tried on those charges.

If he has open misdemeanor cases, I would suggest having him visit with his case worker and file 180 day writs to the counties of record where he has open/pending charges to get them taken care of before his release date.
Thank you so much :-)