Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Release date

Okay, I have a question. My guy went to jail Dec. 15 2005, went to reception Feb. 14, 2006 ,went to PBSP April 9, 2006, is on level 1 and works. Release date??

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2006, 08:46 PM

What was his sentence?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:53 PM

Default sentance

5 years with half time.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:04 PM

I dont know how to do the calculations but whoever does will need that info so I thought I'd save you that step. (:
Old 06-13-2006, 10:06 PM

You know the prison will give you the month and year, right?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:32 PM

My daughters father went to prison in june of 2005, now it is june of 2006. He was sentenced 6 yrs, 85% time.. 7 months time served.. Now he is in Alder Conservation Camp serving his half time. My question is.. 1. with 85% does he actually get half time or more? 2. Around when would he be released? I'm new to all of this so I appreciate any help I can get. Thank You!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:34 PM

Sarahlm..
Thankyou, . My daughters father and I havent talk in months so I have no idea what is going on.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:09 PM

Just call that prison and ask for records and then ask for his release month and year. You need his CDC # so you need his birthdate and first/last name in order to get the CDC# from records. He will serve 85% of the six years, not half. I dont know much about this. You should ask Gryphon, he/she is a lawyer and has posted on this thread before. You can maybe PM her/him to get more answers on release and stuff. But his prison will tell you that much.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM
PRAY on 13th of Month

I need help with the Calculation Worksheet. If someone has a copy can you please tell me what number is used on Line 11. Is it 6.66 or 5.66

Thanks in Advance
Kathy
Old 12-12-2006, 01:42 PM
PRAY on 13th of Month

I was able to get a hold of someone in regards to my question. It is 6.66 on line 11.

Anyways, I have a New Question. Has anyone heard about Inmates filing a 602 for Sentencing Computation hearing, and ask for a request for relief.

The 602 should be filled out like this:
PROBLEM:
"This appeal is brought forth due to a (Department of Corrections Administrative error, applying Penal Code sec. 2933.1 (a) to my entire sentence and credit earning while in the custody of the (Department of Corrections). This section applies to (Violent Offenders) pre-sentence credits only. Extending it's use beyond pre-sentence credit, is a (violation) of *Penal Code section * 2933.1 (c). (Effective Sept. 21, 1994 CH. 713 ss 1 A.B. 2716 amended (2002) added Subd. (c) CH. 787 ss 255B.1798)

(Action Requested)
1) Request a Haygood Hearing. 2) A re-calculation of my Board date (Parole Date) at the rate of day for day credit earning, per job assignment, in accordance with P.C. ss 2933.”
Old 12-27-2006, 11:30 AM

Ok, I need an estimated guess on my Husbands release date... He was in the County since Dec. 8, 2005 until October 21, 2006, that's 10 1/2 months credit, then was transferred to Prison. He has 1 and 4 months credit as well from 2004 towards his sentence. He was sentenced to 9 years, 8 months with 85%. So that's about 2 years and 3 months or so total County time. If anyone can give me a rough estimate, I'd REALLY appreciate it because I'm new at this and I'm curious as to how long I'm going to have to really wait for him... Thanks a bunch!
Old 12-27-2006, 12:02 PM

The formula is total term -presentence credits X 85%=time remaining. In your case it's (9years 8 months=3525 days)-(2 years 3 months=820 days)=2465 days x 85% = 2095 left to serve. Add this to the Oct. 21, 2006 date he went to CDCR and he should be released the second week of July 2012 assuming he programs and does not get into any trouble.

Last edited by JLS; 12-27-2006 at 12:07 PM..
Old 12-27-2006, 12:32 PM

WOW... 2012 huh? Ok, thanks... that's good to know! I get it now!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:12 PM
We Will Get Through This

Question

JLS (or anyone who can help),
How woul I figure this one out?... He went to county Nov 10 2006. In court on Nov 14th (i think ct date is right) he was given 60 days the judge said he would serve 40 days, making his release Dec 20, 2006 Now due to this he was given a Parole violation, on Nov 28 or 29 he saw the Parole Board & they gave him 10 months telling him he would receive cr for timed served in county, his lawyer said "take it cause you will only do 5 mo of it) he took it... He was transfered to Chino the 20,21,or 22 of Dec 2006 (not sure exactly what day it was cause Didnt hear from him till I received a letter this past sat Dec23) He says hasnt seen his counselor yet but in county & in there hes thinking he should be out approx. April 10 - 13 ,2007. Is this correct ? Could you help me figure out the time PLEASE !!! Thank you very much for your help

have a GREAT day !!!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:09 PM

Normally he would not get credit towards his parole violation if he was arrested and convicted of a different offense. If he does, his calculation is slightly off, as he only gets 1/3 time in the county jail. His date would be April 21/22/23, 2007. If he does not get credit for the misdemeanor time in the county jail, his date would be May 21/22/23, 2007

Last edited by JLS; 12-27-2006 at 03:11 PM..
Old 12-28-2006, 12:45 PM
We Will Get Through This

Thumbs up Thank you JLS (AND ALL OTHERS)...

JLS,
I wanted to say THANK YOU very much for your help with calculating his time . I know we can figure all we want BUT the only 1 that matters is the one his counselor gives him ( if he ever sees one !!) but its good to get a general timeline. How does this "counselor thing" work ? What is it intended for? What should I expect next ? I guess basically what is the process of all of this? If they have medical needs are they with everyone else? When can call? Will they move him? Etc.... You get the idea ? Any info I would appreciate, as they say "you fear the unknown" Thankx again and have a GREAT day !!!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:46 PM

In the Reception Center, the Counselor is toward the end of the process. Upon arrival, the inmate is put thru a battery of tests; educational, medical, psychological, etc. These tests take about 2 weeks. Then there is a long wait (2/3 weeks) while the results are documented. Then another 2/3 weeks while the documents are sent to the Records Office and put in the newly created Central File. In the meantime, the Records Analyst is reviewing all the court paperwork and calculating a tentative release date. Records staff also run a CI&I (rap sheet) and check for wants and warrants. This also is placed in the Central file. After all this is done, the file is placed on the "ready to see" shelf. The counselors then take the file, review it, and calculate the classification score. The counselor is then ready to see the inmate. After meeting with the inmate and giving him the face sheet (this document has the release date on it), the counselor then completes the ISRS (Institutional Staff Recommendation Summary). This document summarizes the inmate profile and includes the counselors recommendation for institutional housing. The case is reviewed by a CCII and then sent to the CSR (Classification Staff Representative), who decides what institution the inmate will be housed at.Then the waiting begins for a bed to open up at the facility the inmate is endorsed for.

Inmates in reception are not allowed phone privileges.

Inmates with medical issues are usually housed with everyone else unless their medical condition requires special housing.

Hopefully this explanation helps.

Last edited by JLS; 12-28-2006 at 01:50 PM..
Old 01-15-2007, 03:15 AM

Default just want to make sure!

Ok my bf went to check in with Parole Officer and ended up being detained by PO (basically violated his parole) on Nov.30th 2006. His PO took him straight to Chino (CIM) reception center. He was given a six month sentence with half (90 days). Now i did the math and i came up with Feb. 27,2007 but my bf tells me March 2,2007. I know its just a few days off but a few days to a lonely soul can seem like an eternity. Can anyone let me know what they think his release date is!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Joined at the heart!

I did the same math you did, and came up with your date as well. Are you sure he went straight to Chino? He didn't go to county even for a day? Even doing it six actual months, and dividing it by 2 (183 days/2=92 days), would still put him out on March 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel's girl
Ok my bf went to check in with Parole Officer and ended up being detained by PO (basically violated his parole) on Nov.30th 2006. His PO took him straight to Chino (CIM) reception center. He was given a six month sentence with half (90 days). Now i did the math and i came up with Feb. 27,2007 but my bf tells me March 2,2007. I know its just a few days off but a few days to a lonely soul can seem like an eternity. Can anyone let me know what they think his release date is!!!!!!!

Dusty’s Lady

HE'S HOME!!
As of July 25, 2007!!
And I am STILL loving it!!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:44 AM

Thanks for the reply. Ya his parole officer dropped him off at chino he never went to county.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:09 PM

My man was only supposed to be there for a 90 day observation and had a court date on 2/7 and today in Santa Cruz but didn't make either one and I cannot find out anything. How do I get a release date? He is still in reception and probably won't go to mainline, I hope!

Thanks -
Diceygirl
Old 02-22-2007, 06:46 PM

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,469 Posts

I'm confused.

A 90 Day Observation should mean that he hasn't been sentenced yet; those are court ordered to be presented at teh sentencing hearing. If that's what's happening, he doesn't have an out date because he hasn't been sentenced. He could well be doing the 90 Day Observation at a prison Reception center. If he didn't get returned to the local jails yet, he's either still at Reception or on the way. It's notunusual for the return trip to be delayed; the 90 days is simply how long the Prison has to hold him prior to preparing the sentence report for the Judge (and that doesn't even mean teh reoort is written yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceygirl
My man was only supposed to be there for a 90 day observation and had a court date on 2/7 and today in Santa Cruz but didn't make either one and I cannot find out anything. How do I get a release date? He is still in reception and probably won't go to mainline, I hope!

Thanks -
Diceygirl

Last edited by Gryphon; 02-22-2007 at 06:47 PM..
Old 11-11-2007, 02:54 AM

okie so if my man went in to county with a parole hold on oct 11, 5 days later was transferred to San Quentin and sentenced to 5 months flat time, what day would he be getting out? i was told that CDC calculates months as 30 days even if there are 31 days in the month....which throws off my dates by a few days....just wondering if anyone could help me on that....
Thanks!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Miss us?

Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,131 Posts

Mom @ 4

You do so well with explaining things in simple language that we can try to understand. Thank you for that. I've been wondering ever since I found PTO,

Re: inmate is on the manditory 85%.
1st time offender.

Are the 85% inmates allowed to get time credit, providing they participate in all educational and work programs and whatever else is available and not a problem inmate?

I do understand about the time accumulated from county.
1/3 time credit is for all inmates in the reception stage at all prisons?

You mentioned how important it is to have the judge acknowledge time served in county. If the judge verbally calculates it in the courtroom and he writes things down. Is that the paper you speak of? I hope to god it is and that it gets passed along on paper.

Bless the Inmates
member of the rubber band mama club
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 PM

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,469 Posts

85% inmates have credit calculated differently than other inmates.

An 85% inmate (violent crime) only gets 15% conduct credit. That's while in prison, and ALSO while they were in county jail. (They DON'T get 33% conduct credit while in teh local jail unless the sentencing Judge messes up and CDCR doesn't catch the error, which is something I've seen happen.)

The way the sentencing court communicates the sentence and local credits to State Prison is via a sentence abstract. The Judge's Court Clerk almost always prepares it. If it's wrong, credits are wrong. You'll find a copy of the Sentence Abstract in the court file, available at the sentencing county's Criminal Court Clerk's office. It's usually the document that's on top of the file, since it is often the last thing to be done in a state prison case.

(Inmates who are doing 85%, but got to prison on a probation violation, may get credit for the original local sentence including 33% conduct credits. If so, all of that original sentence will be deducted from the State Prison term that was imposed after the VOP. I'm not so sure that this in fact follows the law, but in application I've seen this happen on many occasions. Obviously, teh defendse won't complain since this results in teh maximum possible custody credits; and I haven't seen a DA object.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessTheInmates
Mom @ 4

You do so well with explaining things in simple language that we can try to understand. Thank you for that. I've been wondering ever since I found PTO,

Re: inmate is on the manditory 85%.
1st time offender.

Are the 85% inmates allowed to get time credit, providing they participate in all educational and work programs and whatever else is available and not a problem inmate?

I do understand about the time accumulated from county.
1/3 time credit is for all inmates in the reception stage at all prisons?

You mentioned how important it is to have the judge acknowledge time served in county. If the judge verbally calculates it in the courtroom and he writes things down. Is that the paper you speak of? I hope to god it is and that it gets passed along on paper.

Bless the Inmates

Last edited by Gryphon; 11-27-2007 at 02:50 PM..