Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 PM

Default reparole review in June,but qualifies for Hwh

Hi all, so, in June it will be the 1 yr review for my boyfriend. He had a misd. harrassment charge that revoked his parole which is not discharged until june 2012. So after talking today, he is not sure whether to apply for com corr which he is eligable for in 2 weeks, or just wait till the parole hearing. Here are the concerns. If he applies for com corr, he could get out of where he is now sooner, but com corr longer. and when he sees parole they may say that they are not paroling him because com cor already has it. on the other hand, if parole denies him in June, then apply, it will just be longer, but if they approve him, he will not have to deal with com corr. Does this make any sense?? He has done well in the time hes been there and kept his nose clean and very friendly with everyone. No write ups or any trouble, so I think that he should just wait till june to just come home but I told him Id research it and get back with him. So, heres my research. There is nothing online about reparoling. And given the fact that he is not there on a new felony charge, but not a technical violation either, I have found nothing. any thoughts would be great. I feel like a year is a long enough spankin.. lol Im over DOC!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by codaybyday View Post
Hi all, so, in June it will be the 1 yr review for my boyfriend. He had a misd. harrassment charge that revoked his parole which is not discharged until june 2012. So after talking today, he is not sure whether to apply for com corr which he is eligable for in 2 weeks, or just wait till the parole hearing. Here are the concerns. If he applies for com corr, he could get out of where he is now sooner, but com corr longer. and when he sees parole they may say that they are not paroling him because com cor already has it. on the other hand, if parole denies him in June, then apply, it will just be longer, but if they approve him, he will not have to deal with com corr. Does this make any sense?? He has done well in the time hes been there and kept his nose clean and very friendly with everyone. No write ups or any trouble, so I think that he should just wait till june to just come home but I told him Id research it and get back with him. So, heres my research. There is nothing online about reparoling. And given the fact that he is not there on a new felony charge, but not a technical violation either, I have found nothing. any thoughts would be great. I feel like a year is a long enough spankin.. lol Im over DOC!

He's not likely to be in comcor by the time he goes back up for parole so it's a moot point. DOC comcor is 4 weeks behind right now in submitting people to the counties for consideration and they all have their timetables as well. It's likely that the Parole Board will table him and send him to CMRC. If he can complete the 4 month program there and have no write ups they might very well approve him for parole. I have a friend who's husband was just revoked for the same thing and he was sent right to CMRC and he doesn't discharge his parole until 2014.

Last edited by seansbabyluv; 04-18-2010 at 10:22 PM..
Old 04-19-2010, 07:14 AM

Thanks for the information. He started out at arrowhead but they moved him a week after he got there. That whole place is TC so It seems like they would have kept him there if they wanted him in a program. (im not sure why they didnt) But then again, nothin makes much sense in this whole ordeal. I am going to tell him to put in for com cor because from what you have told me it doesnt look like it can do any harm if he does. Thanks again for the info.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 AM

and what does tabled mean? SORRY
Old 04-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
and what does tabled mean? SORRY
Tabled means the parole board will grant him parole with conditions. Right now a lot of PB members are tabling offenders and sending them to CMRC. Complete the program successfully and no write ups and an approved parole plan and they will be paroled. Hope that helps. How long did they send him back for the PV? If he's eligible for the 180 turnaround, the max they can send him back for is 6 months but not everyone is eligible for it.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 AM

They revoked his parole. When they revoked him, he said he thought all they could give him was the 180 days and they said "u thought wrong" and that was the end of it. SO he was in dnever county for 6 mths since he wouldnt take any deals, then they offered him an alfred plea or something like that, his lawyer advised him to take it since the DA offered to write a letter to the parole board on his behalf explaining( no letter surprise surprise). So he took it. When he saw parole, they revoked him with a 1 year review. Since he did 6 months in denver and 6 month at FMCC he sees them in June. So a total of a year.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
They revoked his parole. When they revoked him, he said he thought all they could give him was the 180 days and they said "u thought wrong" and that was the end of it. SO he was in dnever county for 6 mths since he wouldnt take any deals, then they offered him an alfred plea or something like that, his lawyer advised him to take it since the DA offered to write a letter to the parole board on his behalf explaining( no letter surprise surprise). So he took it. When he saw parole, they revoked him with a 1 year review. Since he did 6 months in denver and 6 month at FMCC he sees them in June. So a total of a year.
The 180 day turnaround doesn't apply to new convictions which is what that is. An alford plea is basically him acknowledging that if he went to trial that the DA COULD convict him, so he is pleading no contest if that makes any sense. So nope he's doing a new sentence and his parole went "away" unless the Judge ran it concurrent. Although I've had Time Comp tell me that's an illegal sentence, but I don't see how since the parole period is part of the sentence...they can't have it both ways.

Last edited by seansbabyluv; 04-21-2010 at 10:31 AM..
Old 04-21-2010, 09:55 PM

Yeah, it has made me lose so much faith in our system. He was stuck between 2 bad choices. He sat there for six months, refusing to admit to something that he didnt do, then they told him that taking a plea would end it sooner because of how long it could end up taking and beign on parole he would not be allowed to leave until it was finished. So he chose what seemed like the lesser of the 2 evils. The judge sentanced him to 180 days for the misdameanor plea with time served. So that was good news for a second. He had to see parole after that. So even tho his sentance for the misdameanor was served he had to goto prison for the revocation. Am I making any sense at all?? So June is his year review since they gave him credit also on the denver county time that he spent before taking that plea. Its all soooooooo crazy... All over him asking for directions from a jogger who was bitchy!!! crazy! i just hope in june it can be all behind us.. I cant tell you how over this I am.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yeah, it has made me lose so much faith in our system. He was stuck between 2 bad choices. He sat there for six months, refusing to admit to something that he didnt do, then they told him that taking a plea would end it sooner because of how long it could end up taking and beign on parole he would not be allowed to leave until it was finished. So he chose what seemed like the lesser of the 2 evils. The judge sentanced him to 180 days for the misdameanor plea with time served. So that was good news for a second. He had to see parole after that. So even tho his sentance for the misdameanor was served he had to goto prison for the revocation. Am I making any sense at all?? So June is his year review since they gave him credit also on the denver county time that he spent before taking that plea. Its all soooooooo crazy... All over him asking for directions from a jogger who was bitchy!!! crazy! i just hope in june it can be all behind us.. I cant tell you how over this I am.
DOC is actually required to run the sentences concurrent if one of them is a misdemeanor. Normally they will either get time served or the jail keeps them til they finish their sentence but they still get credit for both. Yup our system totally sucks.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 PM

I talked with his case manager today.. I thought that would be a good place to ask my questions. She was very kind and helpful to me, which I didnt expect. She told me that the best option is to see what parole says, and to come to the hearing and support him and if they deny him, then she will put him in for the halfway house. She said the letters do help and letting them know not only of his support system, but what you will do to help ensure he can complete parole such as make sure he goes to his meeting or whatever else they require him to do.So, I sent off my support letter today, along with a letter thanking her for being kind in a world that has been quite the opposite for the past year and we will see parole June 1.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
I talked with his case manager today.. I thought that would be a good place to ask my questions. She was very kind and helpful to me, which I didnt expect. She told me that the best option is to see what parole says, and to come to the hearing and support him and if they deny him, then she will put him in for the halfway house. She said the letters do help and letting them know not only of his support system, but what you will do to help ensure he can complete parole such as make sure he goes to his meeting or whatever else they require him to do.So, I sent off my support letter today, along with a letter thanking her for being kind in a world that has been quite the opposite for the past year and we will see parole June 1.
I think she's right. Comcor is 4 weeks behind and there's no sense in sending his file if he can get paroled. Sending support letters and attending the hearing does help depending on who is doing the hearing. I would definitely go and send whatever you can.