Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:31 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Question What to wear? What did you wear or are planning to wear at your wedding?

My honey is sending the paperwork for me to fill out for me and him to get married. Hopefully we will be approved before my planned visit in March/April. (Prayers for me please)!!

I was sitting here thinking about what i will wear. I really dont have a clue! So i was wondering what did yal wear/planning to wear?? Are the prisons a bit more lenient with the attire, or are they just as strict as a with a normal visit? Did you wear white, or did you wear another colour?

Ideas please!!!

Thank you,
Tracey x

BTW my honey is in with the Fedz.

Last edited by 2nice; 08-31-2005 at 05:33 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2005, 05:36 PM

WOOO HOOOO.....Tracey is getting married....OMG I am so excited for you...I knew you said you two were planning on it but didn't know it was going to take place when you visit! I am jumping up and down for you! I already can't wait to see pic's
Old 08-31-2005, 07:26 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

LMAO... Girl say your prayers or keep us in your thought, or whatever it is that you ma do! He said in the letterthat i got from him today that he wants us to try and do it then, so all day its been playing on my mind. Im now getting nervous. He says that he's gonna send me the package or something like that, that ive gotta fill out!! I aint got a clue about anything!! Looks like im gonna be in this forum for a while!!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:01 PM

Congrats Tracey!

I looked for months to find a wedding dress, but everything was sleeveless (since it's summer) and I didn't want to take the chance of being turned away on my wedding day! I ended up shopping in my closet. I wore an off white dress with tiny flowers and frilly sleeves. James thought it was simple and elegant. My wedding photographs are posted here if you haven't seen them already. My fingers are crossed for a quick approval! Best wishes to you and your fiance!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM

All prisons are differant and the first thing you should do is call the Chaplain and ask what the wedding dress code is. I have seen it range from actual wedding dresses, sleavless summer dresses to normal visiting attire. Once you have an idea of what the specific dress code is it will be much easier to start looking for that perfect outfit

For me it was strictly visiting room attire so I didnt have as many options as some, but if you take a look at the prison weddings photo forum you may get an idea of what others wore
Old 09-01-2005, 07:44 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Thank you ladies. Ive taken a peek at the 'Wedding Photos' thread. Everyone looked stunning! Ive seen so many different attires. I know what i have in mind, but i really havent got a clue as to what will be allowed. The suggestion of contacting the chaplain is a great idea. That is one thought that i didnt have in my mind.

Thank you JamesWifey for the crossing fingers. I sure do hope that they dont give us too much aggrevation and give us a swift approval. We wanna do it this time round because the kids are flying over too, so they will be there. that is important to the two of us.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:58 AM
strong enough

I am wearing a really cool long white lace "hippy style" dress, like Jenny wore when she married Forrest GUmp if you saw the movie. I will post pictures after the marriage mine is not sleeveless,backless or too low cut or see through, I even got a slip for under just to be sure so problems from co.'s
Old 09-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Banned

I got very lucky and they let me wear my dress!!! I have attached a pic of it, and I am sure you can see it's in my siggy too....
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!
~Katie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy (4) of edited2.JPG (27.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Copy (5) of edited12.JPG (46.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 09-01-2005, 04:20 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbaby
I got very lucky and they let me wear my dress!!! I have attached a pic of it, and I am sure you can see it's in my siggy too....
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!
~Katie
Katie, I soooo love your dress. That is exactly the kind of thing that i had in mind, but im not sure that i would be allowed to wear something like that.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:23 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird
I am wearing a really cool long white lace "hippy style" dress,
That dress sounds perfect, but i really dont think that that syle of dress will suit me.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 AM
We Are One!!!!

I'm wearing some black capri's and a white top, black and white sandals. Really can't do much where he is so I'm keeping it casual. My nails and toes match though