Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail This forum deals with all the ins and outs of the Canadian Prison and Criminal Justice System, including Phones, Mail, Packages, and visitation.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:09 PM
PTO Hoser Eh!

Default Westmorland Info

Hi, I'm being sentenced on Tues. Oct. 17th, 2006. After my 42 day classification in Springhill I'll most likely be moved to Westmorland. I've searched the forum on info about Westmorland but everything seems to be a couple of years old. I'm looking for as much new info about this place as I can ie. visits, smoking, what to expect. I wish I had of found this site a long time ago, I was charged and convicted back in Febuary/06. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2006, 06:17 AM
Account Closed

Hey and welcome!

I'm so glad to see there are more people from out east joining! Mine is incarcerated at Westmorland so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know. He's been through county (Burnside) and reception (Springhill) so I know all about those places too. I have family visits so I can also tell you about those if you want to know but if you are going right to the farm after reception than it sounds like you likely won't be there long enough to get a pfv (family visit).

I have attached posts regarding visiting at both the farm and Dorchester just in case they throw you for a loop and send you there first. At least you will have a little info. Let me know if you have ANY questions at all. PM me if you feel more comfortable. I also copied a link to a post where I was answering a question about phone calls and costs etc. I notice you're from Nova Scotia so I assume you have Aliant phone service. Check out the link cause this could save you/your family lots of money. It saves me lots I'll tell you that

Visiting Westmorland:
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162387

Visiting Dorchester:
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162385

Phone Costs:
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showpos...05&postcount=4

Welcome to PTO! Be sure to come back after you get out! Kep your head up. And again, PM me if you have any more questions.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:22 AM
PTO Hoser Eh!

Thank you!!! I sent you a PM with our contact info and the like.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Donation Award 

LovinJus has already provided lots of useful info but you might be interested in this from a CBC doc. they did on prisons. (If you have problems clicking on the link at the end copy and paste it or google 'westmorland prison canada')

"When most people think of a prison, they think of guard towers and high walls. But at the Westmorland Institution near Moncton, there are no fences, no barbed wires, not even bars on the windows. Some inmates even leave without permission. Westmorland is a minimum security prison, designed to train inmates for the outside world." http://www.cbc.ca/prison/docs.html
Old 10-16-2006, 10:30 AM
PTO Hoser Eh!

Thank you DLM LovinJus gave me that link as well... I would suggest anyone watch all the video links it was very interesting to watch.