Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada - General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Canada that do not fit into any other Canada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Account Closed

Default Looking for some answers on how to best advocate for an inmate

I need some help, I'm new to Saskatchewan so far since I've been here I've realized this is the worst place for anyone to go to. The the things the guards and parole officers do is unacceptable and the worst part there's not a single person or organization to help advocate for these inmates. Correctional investigator wont help , no legal aid. I need help desperately, I can't handle what. Is happening and I refuse to sit back and let it continue. If anyone has any suggestions or advice please message me I'm open to any suggestions. And willing to try anything

Last edited by His4everlove; 11-17-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 09:51 PM

If you can fill in on some specifics it might help.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Account Closed

The main thing is he is being detained after he has already being released on a stat release, the only reason he is even back in prison is for consuming alcohol. We've talked to lawyers but legal aid won't take anything that isn't family or criminal. Everyone says it's wrong what's happening but know one has suggestions or any help. 3 different prisons across Canada have said that he is fine to be released, now he gets transferred to saskpen and they try to pull this.. I'm so lost and fed up! They can be allowed to get away with this!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Legal aid is supposed to take it if prision time is going to be likely. My bf was originally denied legal aid cuz his charges wouldn't likely result in incarceration. (theft under, breech-consuming alcohol and two other breeches related to alcohol). So when he was denied he reapplied and got it (cuz he was in). Get a leag aid lawyer and talk to them about help getting the legal aid. So when you say he is being detained after his stat release and is back in Because of alcohol (I want to make sure I got this right ok) he was in prison got out (not warrant expirary?) then got in caught consuming alcohol which was a breech and sent back to the pen. And has now been in the full remainder of his time and isn't beig released? I just want to make sure I'm correct for anyone who can answer and so I can ask someone (between my man and I we got 6 reletives working in the court system). I know your frustration. So many people are shocked my Man is still in waiting sentencing when most people would have not served more time then he has served dead time and yet the crown is asking a ridiculous about of time. Is anyone telling you why he isn't released yet or when they tho k he is to be released? Is there a court date for the I consuming alcohol? For your man to be back in federal over alcohol I assuming he didn't stay till warrant expirary when last in.

Last edited by HisNDNgirl; 11-18-2012 at 07:18 AM..
Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Account Closed

Ya he was on parole which he got through his stat release. One of his conditions was not to consume alochol. So it's suppose to be a breech and then he is suppose to get out at his new statutory release date which is really calculated format I believe 2/3rds of the remainder of your time, but they are trying to say serious harness will occur if he is release again on his upcoming stat release, but he's already been release on his stat. , has not committed any new crimes and has not gotten in trouble since he's been back in so if he was okay to be released last stat. Release why wouldn't he be now , it's so not right and doesn't make any sense especially since 3 prisons in Canada said he was fine to be released...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:05 AM

It kind of sounds like his new po has it in for him. Some pos work with the inamte and other pos could care less about there individuals on their case load. Some are just there for the money. I hope that he gets out soon.