Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 PM
karen's Avatar
karen karen is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX USA
Posts: 1,867
Thanks: 939
Thanked 1,620 Times in 641 Posts
Arrow Clarification regarding direct billing accounts and offender debit accounts

Lynda Cobler, Coordinator, OTS of TDCJ offers this clarification regarding direct billing accounts and offender debit/pre-paid debit accounts.


When Friend/Family registers through the Embarq Enrollment Center (866-806-7804 or www.texasprisonphone.com) CBS automatically establishes a "Direct Bill" account. This account has a $65.00 credit limit and will be sent to your billing address on a monthly basis. Calls will not be billed on your local phone bill.
*Because you only have a $65.00 credit limit, it is strongly suggested that you pay the bill as soon as it comes in to avoid hitting the credit limit and having your number blocked.

When the offender registered his voice biometrics CBS automatically established an "Offender Debit" or "Offender Prepaid Debit" account (same account, different names). This account can be funded by anyone. Friends/Family can either send money to CBS to fund this account or they can add additional money to the way they currently fund his/her commissary account.
*Very soon offenders will be able to go to the commissary and purchase phone time. Currently, this feature is only available at the Luther Unit, BUT it will be available system wide in a very short period of time.

As another option, Friends/Family can establish a prepaid account in their name. As long as you pay your CBS bill on time there's no need to do this, but you can if you want to.

PRICING -
Calls to a TEXAS #:
Friends/Family pay (Direct bill or Prepaid) $0.26 per minute.
Offender pay (Offender Debit) $0.23 per minute.

Calls to a # outside Texas:
Friends/Family pay (Direct bill or Prepaid) $0.43 per minute.
Offender pay (Offender Debit) $0.39 per minute.

Lynda Cobler
Coordinator, OTS
TDCJ

Thank you, Lynda, for helping us accurately understand the process. We appreciate the information!!!
Karen
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to karen For This Useful Post:
angelbaby21 (08-18-2009), a_coleman (07-28-2009), bearpie514 (07-23-2016), bemynetoo (08-27-2009), daddysbabydoll (08-18-2009), DustysGirl (10-05-2009), JusChillen (03-11-2010), mala11 (03-17-2011), puppychow (08-09-2013), purplerose212 (07-28-2009), RlovesJ (08-29-2009), so sad (03-21-2012), TXGURL (08-26-2009), wandamaloy (05-18-2013), ygrose (07-28-2009)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-28-2009, 09:40 AM
clkaty clkaty is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 166
Thanks: 76
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Default Confused

I dont get it, I thought we were not getting a bill. I was under the impression that if he had money on his books that we would not have to worry about another bill. His parents registered also and i assured them we would not be getting a bill. please help!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Curtswifey's Avatar
Curtswifey Curtswifey is offline
~Married 1.15.10..Muahhz~
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 294
Thanks: 426
Thanked 198 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkaty View Post
I dont get it, I thought we were not getting a bill. I was under the impression that if he had money on his books that we would not have to worry about another bill. His parents registered also and i assured them we would not be getting a bill. please help!
To my understanding, if the option to buy minutes off of commisiary is not available at the unit, and you havent set up a prepaid account...you WILL get a separate bill with the phone charges on them. If im mistaken forgive me, but from what I know this is how it works
__________________
~Patiently Waiting, Yet missing him every moment ~
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Curtswifey For This Useful Post:
wandamaloy (05-20-2013)
  #4  
Old 07-28-2009, 01:32 PM
clkaty clkaty is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 166
Thanks: 76
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtswifey View Post
To my understanding, if the option to buy minutes off of commisiary is not available at the unit, and you havent set up a prepaid account...you WILL get a separate bill with the phone charges on them. If im mistaken forgive me, but from what I know this is how it works
how do we set up a prepaid account? it does not say that in the brochure we got at the unit. I know though that i dont want to get a bill!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 PM
waitingfordj waitingfordj is offline
One day at a time
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dallas, Tx USA
Posts: 76
Thanks: 49
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

do u know when u get the bill and how you know when to pay it cause i moved and what if they send it to my old address and i dont get it. do we always just pay the 65 bucks and we are good to go for the next 120 minutes????
__________________

He comes home Sep. 4, 2009
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:58 AM
angelbaby21 angelbaby21 is offline
Lovin Life!
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: somewhere in TEXAS
Posts: 216
Thanks: 151
Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Default

So if i just wait for my billing from CBS how much is the price rate per minute?? Please help me out on this... I'm trying to understand this... Thanks!
__________________
It has been a rough ride... but in the end, we have survived! The Lord has never failed us.





Missing our baby Kaylee... You will never be forgotten baby girl! :-) RIP Baby 1-20-11
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:25 AM
purplerose212's Avatar
purplerose212 purplerose212 is offline
Love will get us threw it
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,935
Thanks: 1,210
Thanked 746 Times in 539 Posts
Default

The calls are supposed to be something like .26 per minute, so for 120 minutes your bill is only going to be about $32 for a month. Everyone has a limit of $65. You can call CBS and tell them you want to register your account online so that way you can look at it and keep an eye on it and you will be able to see how many calls you have and the charges for them. We have ours registered and it is very convenient. You can also make your payments online when you get your bill.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplerose212 For This Useful Post:
auprd (08-18-2009), Dillon's Wife (08-18-2009)
  #8  
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 AM
blountswife's Avatar
blountswife blountswife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 123
Thanks: 3
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

I was wondering if anyone can help me Please. If so please PM me. My phone has been approved thru Friends and Family and my account was set up with CBS. My husband called all last month and some this month. But now when he goes to go and use the phone he gets a message on his end sayin the phone number does not exist. But he is dialing the right number. He is really upset and when I call CBS it tells me the last time you loved one attempted to call you was on _______ date at ____ time. But the calls are not coming thru to my phone and he is getting the message on his end. What do I do now? Please help.
__________________
loved by the best! MY HUBBY!!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blountswife For This Useful Post:
Julesinpr (05-24-2015)
  #9  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM
lin88jon's Avatar
lin88jon lin88jon is offline
JOHNNY'S ANGEL
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,744
Thanks: 2
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Angry

From my online reading we will be charged $2.49 a month for the statement to be mailed to us with additonal $1.99 in taxes. Does anyone know if this is applied each month even for months that we may not receive a phone call?That's almost $54.00 a year....
__________________
Linda C.
_____________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-20-2009, 11:12 PM
lin88jon's Avatar
lin88jon lin88jon is offline
JOHNNY'S ANGEL
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,744
Thanks: 2
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

[url]https://www.correctionalbillingservices.com/general/Payonline.aspx[url]

Payment Options

Correctional Billing Services (CBS) offers variety of payment options to fit your needs.



Pre-paid

Our pre-paid plan puts you in control of your spending. There are no restrictions as long as funds are available in your account. Sign up for the pre-paid plan with a minimum payment of $50.00. Please note transaction fees may apply. You may use the following payment methods:


1. Visa

2. Master Card

3. Checking account

Our automated system can notify you and let you know when you need to make additional payments to prevent any restrictions from receiving calls. Payments can be made through our IVR, through our website and you can even mail your check in to our billing office.

You may mail checks to:

PO Box 650757
Dallas, TX 75265-0757

* If your payment is mailed, it may take 7 to 10 business days to process. To ensure timely processing of your payment, please include your ten digit telephone number as well as your account number on the memo line.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Western Union

You may also make your payments to our pre-paid and direct bill payments options through Western Union. Payments can easily be made online through a Western Union® Quick Collect® payment.


Note: It may take 5-8 business hours for the payment to process and be posted.

Instructions on Using Quick Collect®

The Receiver of the Quick Collect payment can be found under Select Other Billers and should be
T-Netix - CollectCall.

Please follow the online prompts to complete the payment.

If you are not a registered user at Western Union® you will be asked to register.

Instructions on Using Western Union Payment Form

In the Payment Information section you will be asked for Pay To, Code City and State.

Pay To should be TNetix

Code City should be CollectCall

State should be TX

Please include your 6 or 7 digit account number. If you are unsure of your account number please visit www.correctionalbillingservices.com or call us at 1-800-844-6591.

To find a Western Union® Agent location near you click here.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Direct Bill

Our direct billing plan is another option. With a credit check, you can receive an invoice for your calls just like your telephone company. Please contact us to sign up.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Local Telephone Payments

We do have billing arrangements with some local phone companies. With this option, you have a 90 day spending limit and are subject to more rigorous controls. Payments must be made to your local telephone company. How does billing work with my local phone company? We assign each customer a 90 day rolling spending limit, which is the credit limit assigned to your CBS account that is billed through your local phone company. Each time a call is accepted, the charges are deducted from your available spending limit. Your spending limit works on a 90 day rolling basis. As the first billed call reaches the 91st day, it will deduct from the total amount billed. If you reach or exceed your spending limit, we have other options available. You may switch your account to prepaid, direct bill, or depending on your local carrier, you may be able to make an advance payment directly to CBS for unbilled calls. If your spending limit is reached, your account will be blocked from accepting additional calls.

Bill Statement Fee: A monthly Bill Statement Fee of up to $2.49 may be applied to your local telephone bill if your calls from correctional facilities are billed through your local telephone company. This fee will be charged in addition to the costs of individual calls as well as any government taxes or fees.

You can avoid this fee by establishing a prepaid account with Correctional Billing Services (CBS), whereby you will no longer receive any charges on your local telephone bill. With a pre-paid plan, you may establish an account for a minimum payment of $50.00, which prevents your line from being restricted as long as there are available funds in your account. Our automated system can notify you when an additional payment is needed to prevent your line from being restricted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


© 2008 Correctional Billing Services
A Division of Evercom Systems, Inc. & T-Netix, Inc.
__________________
Linda C.
_____________________

Last edited by lin88jon; 08-20-2009 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Nora L Nora L is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas/ USA
Posts: 131
Thanks: 271
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

what are the ways to get a prepaid debit account for the offender>??
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
angelbaby21 angelbaby21 is offline
Lovin Life!
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: somewhere in TEXAS
Posts: 216
Thanks: 151
Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin88jon View Post
[url]https://www.correctionalbillingservices.com/general/Payonline.aspx[url]

Payment Options

Correctional Billing Services (CBS) offers variety of payment options to fit your needs.



Pre-paid

Our pre-paid plan puts you in control of your spending. There are no restrictions as long as funds are available in your account. Sign up for the pre-paid plan with a minimum payment of $50.00. Please note transaction fees may apply. You may use the following payment methods:


1. Visa

2. Master Card

3. Checking account

Our automated system can notify you and let you know when you need to make additional payments to prevent any restrictions from receiving calls. Payments can be made through our IVR, through our website and you can even mail your check in to our billing office.

You may mail checks to:

PO Box 650757
Dallas, TX 75265-0757

* If your payment is mailed, it may take 7 to 10 business days to process. To ensure timely processing of your payment, please include your ten digit telephone number as well as your account number on the memo line.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Western Union

You may also make your payments to our pre-paid and direct bill payments options through Western Union. Payments can easily be made online through a Western Union® Quick Collect® payment.


Note: It may take 5-8 business hours for the payment to process and be posted.

Instructions on Using Quick Collect®

The Receiver of the Quick Collect payment can be found under Select Other Billers and should be
T-Netix - CollectCall.

Please follow the online prompts to complete the payment.

If you are not a registered user at Western Union® you will be asked to register.

Instructions on Using Western Union Payment Form

In the Payment Information section you will be asked for Pay To, Code City and State.

Pay To should be TNetix

Code City should be CollectCall

State should be TX

Please include your 6 or 7 digit account number. If you are unsure of your account number please visit www.correctionalbillingservices.com or call us at 1-800-844-6591.

To find a Western Union® Agent location near you click here.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Direct Bill

Our direct billing plan is another option. With a credit check, you can receive an invoice for your calls just like your telephone company. Please contact us to sign up.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Local Telephone Payments

We do have billing arrangements with some local phone companies. With this option, you have a 90 day spending limit and are subject to more rigorous controls. Payments must be made to your local telephone company. How does billing work with my local phone company? We assign each customer a 90 day rolling spending limit, which is the credit limit assigned to your CBS account that is billed through your local phone company. Each time a call is accepted, the charges are deducted from your available spending limit. Your spending limit works on a 90 day rolling basis. As the first billed call reaches the 91st day, it will deduct from the total amount billed. If you reach or exceed your spending limit, we have other options available. You may switch your account to prepaid, direct bill, or depending on your local carrier, you may be able to make an advance payment directly to CBS for unbilled calls. If your spending limit is reached, your account will be blocked from accepting additional calls.

Bill Statement Fee: A monthly Bill Statement Fee of up to $2.49 may be applied to your local telephone bill if your calls from correctional facilities are billed through your local telephone company. This fee will be charged in addition to the costs of individual calls as well as any government taxes or fees.

You can avoid this fee by establishing a prepaid account with Correctional Billing Services (CBS), whereby you will no longer receive any charges on your local telephone bill. With a pre-paid plan, you may establish an account for a minimum payment of $50.00, which prevents your line from being restricted as long as there are available funds in your account. Our automated system can notify you when an additional payment is needed to prevent your line from being restricted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


© 2008 Correctional Billing Services
A Division of Evercom Systems, Inc. & T-Netix, Inc.


Okay the statement in RED confused me?? i am going to get charged $3 from my phone company? When i talked to a representative from CBS he told me that I would not get any other charges extra. He said I would get my bill from CBS in the mail and I asked him twice to make sure and he said I wouldn't get billed extra... so this statement in RED just confused me.... ughhh. This is such a mess... LOL. Can anyone please clarify this for me?? I would greatly appreciate it!
__________________
It has been a rough ride... but in the end, we have survived! The Lord has never failed us.





Missing our baby Kaylee... You will never be forgotten baby girl! :-) RIP Baby 1-20-11
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:04 AM
bemynetoo bemynetoo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 63
Thanks: 13
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Default

The way I read it if you get a direct bill from CBS there are no additional charges. If you choose to be billed through your phone company is where the other charges come in. I don't know if I will pass the credit check for direct billing, so as much as I hate to lay out $50, I think pre-paid is the way to go. hopefully his butt will go to work soon and pay on his end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bemynetoo For This Useful Post:
angelbaby21 (08-27-2009)
  #14  
Old 08-27-2009, 07:49 AM
angelbaby21 angelbaby21 is offline
Lovin Life!
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: somewhere in TEXAS
Posts: 216
Thanks: 151
Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemynetoo View Post
The way I read it if you get a direct bill from CBS there are no additional charges. If you choose to be billed through your phone company is where the other charges come in. I don't know if I will pass the credit check for direct billing, so as much as I hate to lay out $50, I think pre-paid is the way to go. hopefully his butt will go to work soon and pay on his end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh ok i get it now... Thanks so much for shedding some light. It seems this whole phone system has everyone gong nuts and wondering how it works. I guess i'll find out on my first bill. I am also going to have to set-up a prepaid account just in case laters... But again thank you!
__________________
It has been a rough ride... but in the end, we have survived! The Lord has never failed us.





Missing our baby Kaylee... You will never be forgotten baby girl! :-) RIP Baby 1-20-11
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Tahisa Tahisa is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Adison, Texas
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

acctualy i have my love one here and now when i enter to see mi info online i have a 85 dollar spending limit, which is greate but i do not work to much based that he only have 120 min for 1 month, but this allow me not to exided anyting, salute
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-24-2009, 05:24 PM
susanstanfield susanstanfield is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sherman, TX USA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default CBS accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysgirl View Post
The calls are supposed to be something like .26 per minute, so for 120 minutes your bill is only going to be about $32 for a month. Everyone has a limit of $65. You can call CBS and tell them you want to register your account online so that way you can look at it and keep an eye on it and you will be able to see how many calls you have and the charges for them. We have ours registered and it is very convenient. You can also make your payments online when you get your bill.
How do you register your account online? I have registered online and by phone, but haven't received anything saying it was approved.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 PM
DustysGirl's Avatar
DustysGirl DustysGirl is offline
My heart is in TEXAS
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Him TX Me MO
Posts: 259
Thanks: 1,745
Thanked 159 Times in 115 Posts
Default

I'm so confused right now............
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
candy2 candy2 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: houston, texas
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 4,294,967,295 Posts
Default

How are you suppose to know if your phone number is approved???/
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 AM
purplerose212's Avatar
purplerose212 purplerose212 is offline
Love will get us threw it
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,935
Thanks: 1,210
Thanked 746 Times in 539 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy2 View Post
How are you suppose to know if your phone number is approved???/
I am not sure but I think you are talking about registering your number so that your loved one can make calls. If that is the case you need to call Friends and Family or go to their website and email them to find out if your number has been approved if you have already registered it. Once it is approved they automatically set you up with a direct bill account with CBS, which is the company that will bill you for the calls. Once you know your number is approved you can call CBS and make sure they have you set up and you can ask about online registration so that you can see your account info on line. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
coperpn coperpn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtswifey View Post
To my understanding, if the option to buy minutes off of commisiary is not available at the unit, and you havent set up a prepaid account...you WILL get a separate bill with the phone charges on them. If im mistaken forgive me, but from what I know this is how it works

If he buys minutes at commissary and pays through "offender debit" - you will NOT receive a bill. For debit, he pays for the call and you just have to accept the call (not the charges).
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-18-2009, 02:21 PM
missubabe missubabe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TX-USA
Posts: 40
Thanks: 53
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I set up a prepaid account with my v connect, they have a website and a phone number if that helps anyone. For me I put money in that account and check often how much is in there. It costs about $3.26 per 15 minute phone call. It wont let you answer if there are not enough funds in the account. Also I'm waiting for my boo to tell me how to get the prepaid inmate phone call card which allows him to call family and friends. I'll post how I did that when I figure it out. This is all new to me and confusing so hopefully I'll help somebody with this info. This is what I'm using for Dallas County.

Last edited by missubabe; 10-18-2009 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: I don't know if this phone service is only for county jails
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
BRWNIS's Avatar
BRWNIS BRWNIS is offline
FOREVER 100,FOREVER TRUE
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: TEXAS,USA
Posts: 836
Thanks: 221
Thanked 232 Times in 142 Posts
Default

From what I have found, if you are approved to receive phone calls, you will receive an automatic phone call advising you that you have been approved. Then you go to CBS to register your information.
__________________





It is what it is...........
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 AM
WilcoMom's Avatar
WilcoMom WilcoMom is offline
1 Day at a Time
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 2,520
Thanks: 839
Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,032 Posts
Default

When my phone was 'approved' I didn't have to do anything to set up the account through CBS ... it was done for me as part of the approval process. That's how I ended up with TWO CBS accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:00 PM
chris59newyork's Avatar
chris59newyork chris59newyork is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 85
Thanks: 11
Thanked 47 Times in 22 Posts
Default 2 texas jails

Ok, sorry if this is already covered but I so damn confused..my son is in Holliday Unit..Huntsville..no problem setting up phone service there..correctional billing services..billed to my home phone
This is where I'm confused..husband in State Jail..I had to register with Embarq then they said they had to send info to correctional billing services and that I would get a seperate bill?? I just don't want to get double billed..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM
WilcoMom's Avatar
WilcoMom WilcoMom is offline
1 Day at a Time
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 2,520
Thanks: 839
Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,032 Posts
Default

They will set up two separate accounts. You need to call CBS and transfer one credit balance to the other. They'r enot real bright. Verify that they've put both your son and husband on the same CBS account.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WilcoMom For This Useful Post:
chris59newyork (11-24-2009)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:28 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics