Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Raising Children with Parents in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Raising Children with Parents in Prison For the Parent left behind with children AND for the Children that have a parent inside. Discussion of unique challenges facing this group!

View Poll Results: Was ur babys daddy locked up when his baby was born?
yes 381 80.89%
no 53 11.25%
shortly after the birth 37 7.86%
Voters: 471. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2016, 05:56 PM

Default 35 Weeks & Nervous

Im 35 weeks pregnant and my other half been locked up for about a month already and all i can think about is giving birth to our son all alone and he not being there is literally hurting me i dont tell him about it because i dont want him to stress out about it either. This is our first child together i have a daughter from a previous relationship and he has two children from a previous relationship as well but it bothers me so much. I hope and pray he gets out by his next court date before my due date
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2016, 04:51 PM

My husband and I have been together since 2005. He got locked up January 10th 2015. I found out I was pregnant January 21st. I have went thru it all by myself. I had my son via c section on October 2nd. My husband was sentenced to 13 years he has already served 2. I will be taking my son to see his father I want them to have a good relationship.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:07 PM

My son is 10 years old and my husband been incarcerated for 14 years so yes we have trailers (frp visits) and even though we were young at the time,we were definitely not planning on something like this but it happened and we are now blessed with a loving beautiful son.Hes still locked up but he'll be coming soon and then hopefully we'll be blessed with another baby. Lucky for us we're able to spend quality time together in the trailers, so his son is very connected with his father.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:34 PM
HisLove

My son was born 8 months in to my husbands incarceration. He is one month old today and my husband has been in for about 9 months now. It really sucks. He is fighting his case so we arent sure when he will be out hoping for the best☺
Old 09-08-2017, 05:25 AM

My daughter was supposed to be born yesterday but honestly I’m not getting any real signs that she’s coming soon and i’m getting soooo frustrated! Everywhere I turn I hear about having sex but I can’t cause my man is locked up. It’s just an overall shitty situation, I’m trying to stay strong ladies but it’s hard and I worry I might end up suffering from Post partum depression. I would have never wanted my child to come into this world without both her parents present. Her father just doesn’t seem to understand my anger either which makes it 10x worse.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0fflinebabe View Post
My daughter was supposed to be born yesterday but honestly Iím not getting any real signs that sheís coming soon and iím getting soooo frustrated! Everywhere I turn I hear about having sex but I canít cause my man is locked up. Itís just an overall shitty situation, Iím trying to stay strong ladies but itís hard and I worry I might end up suffering from Post partum depression. I would have never wanted my child to come into this world without both her parents present. Her father just doesnít seem to understand my anger either which makes it 10x worse.
I wish I could help with the anger and frustration, but just know a product of your love is coming to this world very soon.

Look up the eggplant parm recipe for inducing labor. Worked for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
0fflinebabe (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
I wish I could help with the anger and frustration, but just know a product of your love is coming to this world very soon.

Look up the eggplant parm recipe for inducing labor. Worked for me!
Thank you for the suggestion. Iím trying so hard to stay strong.