Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons Post all letters, stories and information from inmates and ex-convicts here. Share their perspective with the rest of us who have not been on the inside.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:30 PM

I wish I knew, I'm so new at this. I'm finding myself asking PT about EVERYTHING lol. It would be nice to know though!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2014, 03:59 PM

Does anyone know if you have to fill out another visiting form if transfered from delano to mc farland
Old 01-27-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie1209 View Post
Does anyone know if you have to fill out another visiting form if transfered from delano to mc farland

From what I've found out, some you do...some you don't. I would call the prison, and ask them directly to be sure.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginFL View Post
I was writing every day and slowed done for a few weeks. It felt like all my letters were the same and boring. He asked me about it right away. He missed the mail. He said write about anything. Write about the things I do day to day. Seems boring to me but he feels connected. I started writing daily again and he is happy.

I feel like this with my husband. He's just gone in, and I already wrote him a whole bunch, and started emailing long letters, really about nothing. I haven't gotten much back from him, so I started worrying that maybe I was boring or my rambling was annoying. I was going to back off a bit, too, until he got adjusted and maybe when he missed me he could ask for more. Before all this, my husband made it very clear that lots of things I talked about were boring to him; it wasn't anything personal, but he didn't need to have a discussion about what I ate or what drama was happening between other people at work (that didn't involve me). So now, if I don't have anything important to write, I don't know what to write about.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:18 PM

My bf often tells me how much he appreciates my letters. He says its a mini escape, and that even if he is having a bad day they make him smile. He writes me in caps at the end of each letter I get back saying WRITE ME BACK. lol. Like if I haven't been. Haha
The Following User Says Thank You to bdeannat For This Useful Post:
Nomes (05-25-2017)
Old 01-15-2015, 10:03 AM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 913 Posts

I didn't even have to ask my man. He's a smart ass and makes sure I know He says..."You know...this week...the mail man passes my door and won't even look me in the eye...he feels too bad for me that I wait at the door like a lost puppy hoping my woman has sent me my letter". We always get a good laugh..but I know in that smart ass sarcasm he is saying...I enjoy your letters why haven't you written!

And of course...he has his letters where he is very grateful and tells me how much my letters really do mean to him. He has made mention after being in there how much a positive relationship can mean to someone, he said its like a life line.

Last edited by Cutepixie; 01-15-2015 at 10:10 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutepixie For This Useful Post:
DVNESSA68 (01-15-2015), Nomes (04-21-2015)
Old 01-15-2015, 12:58 PM

Thanked 1,046 Times in 384 Posts

I am not an inmate but I want to share a few lines from a letter I got today from a pen pal:

**Dear M.,

OH MY GOD, I thought you didn't like me anymore and I sat here wanting to write and ask if you are ok or just didn't like me anymore. Ah sh*t, so excited to get two letters from you, I never get mail and now I got two! And cards and photos!! Don't do that anymore, take so long to write, I love to get post from you. Now that I know you are ok I will write to you every week. Thank you so much for being a friend, after so many years, I got no one left who cares.**

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Macushla For This Useful Post:
Chapel (01-24-2015), clingingtohope (01-24-2015), DeniseDyann (02-24-2017), eroro1608 (01-16-2015), marco1969 (07-27-2015), Nomes (04-21-2015), Sheryl P. (01-16-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 07:36 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
I am not an inmate but I want to share a few lines from a letter I got today from a pen pal:

**Dear M.,

OH MY GOD, I thought you didn't like me anymore and I sat here wanting to write and ask if you are ok or just didn't like me anymore. Ah sh*t, so excited to get two letters from you, I never get mail and now I got two! And cards and photos!! Don't do that anymore, take so long to write, I love to get post from you. Now that I know you are ok I will write to you every week. Thank you so much for being a friend, after so many years, I got no one left who cares.**

Thank you for sharing. I think we forget that some people just lose conact with those of us out here and a friend on the outside can be priceless to some people.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:36 AM
My SOULmate is an INmate

Default Love Letters

I am starting to write a book does anyone want to share a steamy love letter with me from there loved one. If so can you please private message me. I would greatly appreciate it. I think a man in prison talks in great detail and uses his imagination better than anyone. Thanks
Old 01-24-2015, 08:34 PM
It's all I have left.
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macushla View Post

**Dear M.,

Seriously, this made me cry.

Counting time one day at a time.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:11 PM

I try to write often but we talk daily and now that visits are approved we can spend 6 hours together on Saturday and Sunday. Really not sure what to write about to him....any suggestions??
Old 07-30-2015, 08:00 PM

Write to him about anything and everything. I see my guy every weekend; and we talk on the phone at least twice a day and I still find things to say. Because our phone time seems to go so quick, I usually elaborate and give details in the letters of the things that I may mention on the phone. I write to him about my thoughts and feelings....my daily activities...conversations that I may have with the cashier or a stranger in passing. I try to include him in on everything so he gets a good picture of what my days are like. I write to him about my son and my granddaughter (both of which he's never met); but I talk about them so much, he feels like he knows them both.

I'm sure that he would appreciate and enjoy whatever you choose to speak to him about. And don't think anything is too silly. I tell my guy jokes. I include stupid memes that I copy from Facebook. He says he gets laughing so hard sometimes at the stupid stuff that I write that all the guys in the dorm yell to him asking him what's so funny. Sometimes he shares my stories and sometimes it's private jokes that he keeps to himself. Let be open; he won't be bored with reading anything that you write to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinRich View Post
I try to write often but we talk daily and now that visits are approved we can spend 6 hours together on Saturday and Sunday. Really not sure what to write about to him....any suggestions??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Dez For This Useful Post:
lovinRich (07-30-2015), marco1969 (07-31-2015), Nomes (09-05-2015)
Old 04-12-2016, 03:47 AM

Hey everyone. I am Dan, I am new here and I have spent some time in jail. I can tell you from my personal experience that when I was locked up that everyday when they did mail call I was posted up on that door hoping to get a letter. Getting a letter from someone you specifically love is the greatest thing ever. when I would get that letter it would take you outside those walls for those few moments like nothing else mattered. it was like I was caught up in the moment. Getting a letter from someone you don't know is exceptionally cool because you weren't expecting it. Seeing that someone cares at all to write you when you don't even know them mean more then anything when you are in a situation like that. I hope this helps.
Dan
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slimruckus For This Useful Post:
DeniseDyann (02-24-2017), LostAsAlice (04-24-2017), MizzyMuffling (04-12-2016), Nomes (05-25-2017), OKOK (04-13-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 04:50 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,023 Times in 984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimruckus View Post
Hey everyone. I am Dan, I am new here and I have spent some time in jail. I can tell you from my personal experience that when I was locked up that everyday when they did mail call I was posted up on that door hoping to get a letter. Getting a letter from someone you specifically love is the greatest thing ever. when I would get that letter it would take you outside those walls for those few moments like nothing else mattered. it was like I was caught up in the moment. Getting a letter from someone you don't know is exceptionally cool because you weren't expecting it. Seeing that someone cares at all to write you when you don't even know them mean more then anything when you are in a situation like that. I hope this helps.
Dan
Thank you for sharing! This is why I've been writing with my friend for over 1,5 years already, he's been in for 23 years and has maybe 2 more (if he gets lucky) and lots of people have disappeared from his life over the years but I want to make sure that I'm out there thinking about him, caring about him and supporting him. I'll send letters almost daily plus books and cards sometimes. He loves it!
But maybe you can answer me one question... going to visit for the very first time this coming Sunday, I'm flying in from Europe and will see him 3 days in a row... He says he's so excited and so am I. We are not bf/gf but really close. Okay to kiss and hug? Hold hands? Thanks
Old 04-12-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Thank you for sharing! This is why I've been writing with my friend for over 1,5 years already, he's been in for 23 years and has maybe 2 more (if he gets lucky) and lots of people have disappeared from his life over the years but I want to make sure that I'm out there thinking about him, caring about him and supporting him. I'll send letters almost daily plus books and cards sometimes. He loves it!
But maybe you can answer me one question... going to visit for the very first time this coming Sunday, I'm flying in from Europe and will see him 3 days in a row... He says he's so excited and so am I. We are not bf/gf but really close. Okay to kiss and hug? Hold hands? Thanks
You truly are a great friend that you would fly from Europe to visit your friend. It really depends on the prison rules as far as kissing and hugging. I mean if it were me when I got there and first saw my friend, I would definitely give a hug and a kiss. When you sit down at the table you should be able to hold hands the whole time. I am sure you can get away with giving kisses while you are sitting but I would not go with any kind of crazy kissing, you might get in trouble for that. Every prison is going to be somewhat different. When I was in prison we had no contact visits it was behind glass which really sucked. I hope you have a wonderful visit and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask have fun and good luck

Last edited by Slimruckus; 04-12-2016 at 07:01 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,023 Times in 984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimruckus View Post
You truly are a great friend that you would fly from Europe to visit your friend. It really depends on the prison rules as far as kissing and hugging. I mean if it were me when I got there and first saw my friend, I would definitely give a hug and a kiss. When you sit down at the table you should be able to hold hands the whole time. I am sure you can get away with giving kisses while you are sitting but I would not go with any kind of crazy kissing, you might get in trouble for that. Every prison is going to be somewhat different. When I was in prison we had no contact visits it was behind glass which really sucked. I hope you have a wonderful visit and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask have fun and good luck
You are the best thanks so much for your response!
Well, I'm combining my visit with a nice beach vacation but still, it's really important and exciting and I think he really appreciates my coming to see him.
DeniseDyann (02-24-2017)
Old 04-12-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
You are the best thanks so much for your response!
Well, I'm combining my visit with a nice beach vacation but still, it's really important and exciting and I think he really appreciates my coming to see him.
You are very welcome. I know that he will be super happy to see you especially this being your first visit. Have fun at the beach to that sounds like fun
The Following User Says Thank You to Slimruckus For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,187 Times in 10,376 Posts

Here's a link to the Harnett CI visitation faq's. I hope it helps answer some of your questions. Have a great visit/beach vacation.
http://www.prisonpro.com/content/vis...north-carolina
Old 04-19-2017, 02:45 PM

Hi. I was just looking your advice on mail as you've served time. I have a female penpal who's incarcerated. I've been mailing her for a while. In her last letter she mentioned about her unit sgt taking advantage of girls. In my response i quite clearly responding to her statement. I haven't heard from her in a while. I've sent another letter out this time no statement. Do you think they just rejected my original letter? Or would they stop me all together? Thanks.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:43 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesGurl View Post
Jpay is a site that some facilities have set up that you can email them through... they can't email back but if you email them they generally get it the next night... not all facilities have this set up though
yeah my man can't get jpay, he's in a county jail so I guess that's why? But he can get the GTL emails if I pay for them.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:39 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,918 Times in 984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisHarleyQ View Post
yeah my man can't get jpay, he's in a county jail so I guess that's why? But he can get the GTL emails if I pay for them.
There's a lot of states that still don't do email at the prison or the jail level.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinir.Fridyrr View Post
There's a lot of states that still don't do email at the prison or the jail level.
I rather do my snail mail anyways.I know it takes forever but its cheaper for my broke self. Lol
Old 06-22-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisHarleyQ View Post
I rather do my snail mail anyways.I know it takes forever but its cheaper for my broke self. Lol
We use emails and now and than snail mail
Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 PM

My girl is in Texas and I'm in California and I haven't gotten my letters in weeks and she told me
She sent them but I haven't any of the letters she wrote me in weeks ugh 😑 I hope to get them s
Old 06-27-2017, 07:52 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,312 Times in 13,652 Posts

This forum is titled: Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons

The OP asks:
I KNOW MAIL MEANS ALOT TO INMATES... BUT I WANTED TO KNOW FROM THE WORD OF AN EX-CON WHAT DOES MAIL MEAN TO YOU? AND CAN THERE EVER BE TOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MAIL?

If you have questions or comments about mail at your loved ones' facility, please post in that Regional (or Federal) forum for state specific information or the General Mail forum in GPT gor less specific / more general information

Thanks!!