Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum Use this forum for topics concerning parole, probation and release in relation to Aus/NZ prisons.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:23 AM

Default Incidents and Parole

Hi wondering if anyone can help me regarding incidents and Parole.
My partner has had one incident in a year of his 18month sentance there were no charged made , they won't even tell him what the incident was all they have said is that it was Intel which I think is information ?
He got moved from Dhurringile where he was for a year and has to stay at port phillip or Barwon for 3 months with no incidents before he can be moved, I think it's really unfair they can't telll him what it is that he "supposedly " did wrong. He will be eligible for parole in September if he gets it does anyone know if incidents without charges will affect chances of him getting his parole? So far everyone' he has askd has said it won't affect his parole if anyone has been in either similar situation or knows about incidents with parole would appreciate it and like any advice we can get
Old 03-09-2015, 01:41 AM

I noticed you were in VIC do they have automatic parole like NSW for short sentences?

Intell is short for intelligence meaning they have information on him. Because it's not a charge it should be ok. I'm going on NSW rules though.

Hope that helps a little.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:09 AM

Hey bellie thanks for your reply, I havnt heard of automatic parole before my partner just rung he said we don't have that in Vic wish we did.. It's deffanatly not easy for them or us time has been going quick so that's good.
Thanks again ��
Old 03-09-2015, 02:57 AM

Well fingers crossed it goes well. I'm in the last 6 months of the second round (different people). And I know the anxiety it can cause. I find the last bit goes heaps quicker.

Remember we are all here if you need a chat.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:08 PM

We're both in the last 6 months , this is my first time experiencing anyone in prison one of the hardest I've gone through I hope it's the last don't think I could do it again, you must be very strong . Glad I found this site good to talk to people who understand .
Old 03-14-2015, 08:58 PM

It never gets easier. You just learn to deal with it better