Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum Use this forum for topics concerning parole, probation and release in relation to Aus/NZ prisons.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:29 AM

Default Home Detention help - Wedding

Hi All,
my brother has put me in a real sticky situation.
he has been sentenced to 7 months home detention.
During this time i happen to be getting married and i was having him as my best man.

i am quite torn at this stage, because he insists there is no way he can have 1 or 2 days of his home detention to make my wedding.
worst, he will not let me help or call solicitors. he has been suffering with depression because of it and is taking medication and seeing a therapist.

my question: in your experience has this ever been allowed? is it at all possible to get 1-2 days of to celebrate my wedding? I mentioned sending multiple letter from a JP, therapist, his wife, myself etc..

thanks in advanced
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 03:45 AM
Donation Award 

Firstly, congratulations on your wedding, that will be something for you to look forward to :-)
About Home Detention, there are a lot of factors here. You said he has 7 months Home D, when is your wedding? and also is it in the same town, state? because that will also make a difference.
I am concerned that you say he is suffering depression 'because of it'. Do you mean the wedding, the Home D, or the whole situation of being found guilty and sentenced?
Medication and therapy take a while to kick in, so if its early days, then give it a little time.
It is great that you are supportive of your brother and that will help - even if it doesnt seem like it. Just keep on being there for him.
Kia Kaha (Keep strong)