Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum Use this forum for topics concerning parole, probation and release in relation to Aus/NZ prisons.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:28 PM

Default How long does a parole application take in Queensland?

Hi All

Does anyone know how long in general a parole application takes in queensland?

Regards
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMore View Post
Hi All

Does anyone know how long, in general, a parole application takes in Queensland?

Regards
More on this question.

There are prisoners who have told my friend some things that don't sound truthful

he is serving time for charges across to levels of the justice system.

so one set has some years and the others start after the suspended period of the of the first combined has a non-parole period of a couple of years.

these offenses are related to each other, and he has no prior criminal record.

Is it true that the parole board tend to wait until all but the longest sentence is up before giving parole?

For example, let's say you have a sentence of 4 years state and six years Commonwealth with parole after two years the board will wait until the 4th year before approving parole?

this seems a little far-fetched to me so i thought i would check
Old 03-21-2017, 02:59 AM
Donation Award 

I can't quite get my head around the sentences you have outlined, but take the longest non-parole period and that will be the earliest he can go to the board.
write down each sentence and when he is eligible to go to the board on each. the last date will be the earliest he can go to the board.
Thy wont let someone out on an earlier sentence if another sentence would have them still in prison.
Having said all that, parole is not automatic, so he may not get out anyway. It will depend on all the other factors... behaviour, likley to reoffend etc etc