Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:02 PM

Default Can anyone else not talk to their loved one for lack of home phone

My fiance and i only have a cell phone between the two of use because im currently unemploeed. I wont be able to hear from my father until i get a job. I dont know when im getting a job because im trying to get my GED. Is anyone else in a simular situation?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:29 PM

hi my name is ericka and my man is in dvi in tracy ca and has been their for 19 days he is in on a parole violation and still no calls,letters are going throw but like i said no calls do you happen to have any info on this at all.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:06 PM

I think each state is different, but in MI, they can put cell phones on their list. Your loved one would just have to put money on a pre-paid account. You can call the facility that they are in and find out specifics...
Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,020 Posts

ericka209, if your man is still in reception, they are not allowed phone calls. Once they get to mainline, it still takes about a week or so for them to be able to make calls. Sorry, i know that is not what you wanted to hear. Good Luck to you and your man.... My hubby just left DVI so if you have any other questions, just let me know....

KRistin

Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 PM
he's home!

i am not in this situation, but have encountered and relayed quite a few messages back and forth for people. i've even picked people up, brought them to my home and given them my phone calls so they could talk to their loved ones! i know how bad it is when you can't talk at all.