Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:30 PM

Default Anyone's loved one granted a commutation in Michigan state prison system?

Has anyones loved one been granted a commutation in the Michigan state prison system? If so How long did it take once they were approved to actually be released? My husband put in for one and I am on pins and needles waiting to find out if his application has merit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2018, 06:42 AM

Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochiandkim View Post
Has anyones loved one been granted a commutation in the Michigan state prison system? If so How long did it take once they were approved to actually be released? My husband put in for one and I am on pins and needles waiting to find out if his application has merit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I wish you both the best of luck. I've never heard of anyone succeeding in getting one granted. But I'm sure there are some and your husband could be one.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:58 AM

I have a friend who is working on one for her brother right now. It is a LOT of work. He has been in already for 35 years. There is a specific protocol to follow, WAY more then a simple application. She also hired a lawyer whose specialty is this. From what I understand, very few are ever granted. Research research research.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rockstarsmom For This Useful Post:
pochiandkim (03-05-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 03:22 PM

my husband did all his paperwork in prison,,,my mom,sister and myself have all wrote support letters, and he got alot of support letters from the co's and counselor. I am praying we hear something back soon. Financially out here by myself is starting to take a toll on me. With the Governor nearing the end of his term, I heard right now is the best time to get one sent in. My husband minimum sentence is 10 1/2 years, he is already served close to 7 1/2 years.