Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 11-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Account Closed

Default $10,000 Dollar Reward

TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR CHALLENGE TO
THE STATE B.A.R. OF CONNECTICUT
AND/OR ANY OTHER STATE B.A.R.

To All Bar Presidents, to all attorneys serving in the Connecticut or Federal legislatures, and to any and all members of the State Bar of Connecticut (and/or any State B.A.R.);

We, the National Judicial Review will wager $10,000.00 (TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS) that you cannot produce FIVE (5) practicing attorneys who can successfully argue in a one-hour public debate, that they are both:

1) Honorable human beings; and
2) Proud to be members of the State Bar of Connecticut (or any B.A.R.).

The National Judicial Review will produce five opponents who will debate the contrary. The listeners will determine the outcome of the debate. The listeners hearing the debate will vote for the winners and losers; if there is any electronic media coverage, the people watching on TV or listening on radio may vote by phone. The voters will be monitored to assure that they represent a reasonable cross section of the public and to prevent interested organizations from attempting to bias the votes.

To win, all five attorneys must convince the public they are each honorable persons and proud to be B.A.R. members if the public votes against just one of the five attorneys on either issue, the Bar loses the debate and wager. If that seems like a difficult condition, bear in mind that there are over 25,000 members of the Connecticut Bar who are all professionally trained to debate and argue issues in public forums. If there were any personal honor in the State B.A.R., at least 1 member per 5,000 should be able to argue the issues successfully.
The losers of the debate will donate $10,000.00 (TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS) to the winner’s charity of choice.
We will schedule the debate to occur within 60 days of your notification of acceptance and identification of the five attorneys who will enter the debate. The debate will be held in a public forum in the New Haven area, or any large populated city. Additional details will be worked out after acceptance of this challenge.
If you would like to double the bet, produce five (5) JUDGES to represent the Connecticut B.A.R. The bet would then be $20,000.00 Twenty Thousand Dollars.

Frankly, I doubt that the B.A.R. can find five (5) members who have nerve enough to stand up in public and argue for their Honor. The strength YOU lawyers have is in a court where no one watches but a judge and another attorney. Let us see what YOU can do in the Court of Public Opinion. Let us see what you can do in the open, without a judge to protect you or the secrecy to conceal you. Let us see what you can do when the issue isn’t the law, but the lawyers.

This is not a one-time challenge. Sooner or later the mainstream media will compel you to respond, if only to say something pompous, like “We won’t dignify that challenge with a response.”
But you will.
YOU are being subpoenaed in the Court of Public Opinion. YOU will respond. It may take a while, but the Connecticut B.A.R. is going to answer or concede by default that there isn’t even five (5) honorable members in the entire State BAR of Connecticut (or any other State B.A.R.).
We await your response.

DATED THIS TWENTY NINTY DAYOF NOVEMBER TWO THOUSAND AND TWO

$10,000.00 TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS $10,000.00
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2002, 09:32 PM
"Betty" Fan

Holy shit! LOL I would love to see the outcome on this one!
Old 11-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Closed

Too funny! But dont forget, not all lawyers are bad. Some to keep in mind, Ghandi and Abe Lincoln.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:09 PM
"Betty" Fan

Very true. And the lawyer who represented me at my stupid DUI hearing. (First and last ) He was a good guy.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:17 PM
Account Closed

All good attorneys' can be found in your local cemetery.
Old 11-30-2002, 06:26 PM
Fianna Fail - Retired

I guess I've been lucky, as of all the attorneys I've had representing me in all my criminal court cases (Over 10) have been really good, with the exception of one. In my civil cases (about 5 or 6) every one was fine. I have no complaints about any of them. My civil cases I hired the lawyers so I checked them out before hand. In my criminal cases I only hired 1 of the attorneys, the rest were court appointed. I was represented by the public defenders office once, & all the other attorneys were court appointed private attorneys, because the public defenders office couldn't represent me because of a conflict of interest. The public defender was the only lawyer that I was unhappy with. In fact I hated him, & still do to this day. Granted there are bad attorneys out there, as there are bad in every field. There may even be a higher percentage of snakes as lawyers, but this doesn't mean everyone is a snake, or less than "honerable human being." There are many reasons why they won't take up this offer, but hey it makes good head lines.-------Ken