Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Inmates should file grievances over 3 beds being put in 2-person cells. All the inmates, not just one or two. And keep filing up the chain of the grievance procedures so it gets to regional.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 PM

Default Count down on the washers and driers

I just got home from FPC Cumberland and while I was there I worked in the HVAC dept of facilities. We were responcable for maintaining all the stuff like the washers and driers. I was told that the entire system was going to have water conservation mesures in place by 1 April 2011.

We hadn't had a replacement machine in stock for at least 3 months before I left. They may not take all the machines out right away but they are not going to replace any broken machines.

My wife was at Alderson until resently and told me that they were taking out all of their machines by sometime in January of 2011. They have already taken out the machines from the RDAP building there. But she also said that things were going fairly good as far as getting laundry done by the laundry dept. And that they were going to start another shift of laundry workers sometime soon.

Overall I think that its yet another example of the system being a day late and willing to spend 10 dollars to save 1. But I'm sure that there are other reasons for removing the machines. I know that we had people there that sometimes found it hard to find the time to wash their clothes. So maybe they are trying to get those people to wash their clothes.

Non illegitimus carborundum
(Don’t let the bastards wear you down)
Author Unknown
Old 12-17-2010, 06:55 PM

Default FCI Edgefield

Will anyone tell me anything about FCI Edgefield? The only thing I've seen is that they apparently are on lockdown there quite often. My BF just got there yesterday and I haven't heard from him yet but that's to be expected I guess. Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it, anything at all would be much appreciated.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:51 PM

My husband got there a couple of weeks ago. I wish I had some good info to give you, but he's on phone restriction and I haven't been able to talk to him. He did say in a letter that they were supposed to get an email system in there by the first of the year. I hope they hurry up and get it soon, I think they are one of the last federal prisons to not have one yet. I've heard basically the same that they are lock down alot and usually over stupid reasons! There's a few ladies on here that have offered some helpful info...
The Following User Says Thank You to teddys_wifey For This Useful Post:
camaro69 (12-19-2010)
Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 PM

We need to get an Edgefield forum!! I wish I was better at computers, because I would start one :-)
Old 12-19-2010, 12:03 AM

there is never a lot going on there, my friend has been there quite some time and yes they do lockdown alot, they have been supposed to get email for a while now, they brought the computers in to set up months ago, hopefully it will happen the first of the year. I can tell you that visiting is pretty laid back and people are nice there. The staff seems ok except one guy at check in can act nasty...i've been to visit 3 or 4 times in the last year or so. friday nights from 5 to 8 and they don't open for u to check in until 5 on the dot so u will wont get back there till about 5:30pm, sat/sun visit is from 8-3, mail can be slow at times and they will reject photos at times. the worst part is they lock down on the drop of a dime for anything. you just have to know when u don't hear from your loved one chances are they are on lockdown and when they come out for shower or rec u will get a phone call, email will help because then he can send u a quick email and let u know whats going on. hope that helps

You come to love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly
The Following User Says Thank You to loveslady For This Useful Post:
camaro69 (12-19-2010)
Old 12-19-2010, 10:58 PM

Thanks to both of you for responding. Do either of you know about how long it takes to get approved to visit?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:31 AM

not long, maybe a a week to 2 weeks, but i know back in september the person who was processing vi forms wasn't there and it was slow so it really just depends on if they just land on someones desk an sit or rather they process it right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Thanks to both of you for responding. Do either of you know about how long it takes to get approved to visit?

You come to love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly
Old 12-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Will anyone tell me anything about FCI Edgefield? The only thing I've seen is that they apparently are on lockdown there quite often. My BF just got there yesterday and I haven't heard from him yet but that's to be expected I guess. Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it, anything at all would be much appreciated.

Is he at the FCI or the Camp? Both facilities are run like a USP. The Warden Mary Mitchell will lock the place down at the drop of a hat. Prisoners are treated like dogs and their families are not treated much better. In general the staff would rather lie to someone instead of telling the truth. If you need more specific information just ask..
The Following User Says Thank You to edgefield613 For This Useful Post:
camaro69 (12-26-2010)
Old 12-26-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgefield613 View Post
Is he at the FCI or the Camp? Both facilities are run like a USP. The Warden Mary Mitchell will lock the place down at the drop of a hat. Prisoners are treated like dogs and their families are not treated much better. In general the staff would rather lie to someone instead of telling the truth. If you need more specific information just ask..
Hi, and thank you. He is at the FCI. I really don't know what questions to ask specifically yet as this is my first go-round with this. Prior to Friday before last, he was at a detention facility. I'm just asking for any information available, as well as wondering how long it generally takes to get approved for visitation at FCI Edgefield. Any info at all would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM

Default First FCI Edgefield visit question

Hi. Just wondering if anyone visiting FCI Edgefield has had a problem passing through the ion scan thing because of wearing lotion or perfume? Wanted to wear the perfume he loves but not if it will cause a false positive! Thanks!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:02 PM

The only scanner I've seen is they stamp your arm with a stamp and u put it under a light on 3 different times on the way in and then twice on the way out, i wear lotions and perfume and i put it on right before going in I never had a problem. hpe that helps

Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

That's all I experienced but that was about 6years ago. Keep us posted.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Thanks for the info. I did put a dab of perfume around my neck and that caused no problems. It was as great of a visit as it could have been considering the situation.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 PM

Unhappy I think it is HORRIBLE

Removal of Washers & Dryers is going to cause more illnesses, What are they thinking. So many people have ring worm, and other skin conditions, this is going to make matters worse, and they do NOT care. Everything is being taken away, Dear Lord, Please, ENOUGH, We pay taxes, and Our Children & Loved ones have to pay for their own topilet paper, EVERYHING. It is s sad WORLD today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzione View Post
I was talking to my honey and he told me that as of 12/13/10, the will be removing all of the washing machines and dryers at Edgefield FCI. He said after that date, all inmates will have to send their clothes to be washed. Ain't that something? Who is to say that the clothes will be washed properly or even that they wont be stolen...
Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Then they have Wesley Snipes there, and they have on the News (He Is At The Country Club of all Federal Prisons, )World You Have NO Idea. Believe me it is NOT A Country Club, at the Camp, nor Prison, where my Son is. . They are letting him, do a Yoga Class, but the man is working shoveling snow, and getting paid 38 cents an hour if that.
Have A Beautiful Day, Many Blessings. I Just Want to Hear from My Son
Old 01-25-2011, 11:52 AM

Default FCI Edgefield_now has CORRLINKS

Just letting u know Edgefield now has Corrlinks email and the guys are loving so I hear from my friend. It started yesterday and I got my first email last night around 10. You will enjoy hearing from your loved ones everyday all throughout the day.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:15 PM
HisFiveStarChick
Donation Award 

I meant to get on and make this same post, but you beat me to it. Me and my honey been emailing each other all day...I am loving this!!!

Hopefully this will save us some money on phone and stamps...
Old 01-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

I'm sooo jealous! Will the Supermax be the last place on earth to get it? Folks in hell will be emailing before The Max! Enjoy ladies.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 AM

It will definitely save stamps, probably not the phone for me tho, something about hearing his voice I love. He will try not to call but I have to get it my way lol. glad u are enjoying. we had it before he was at edgefield so i knew what to expect but it was a long time coming he has been there almost a year so we had went that long without it that was hard.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Hope it is better than Texarkana. When I was there, they removed all the washers in late 2009. The clothes were smelling horrible. Come to find out they were washing clothes with the mop heads they used to clean the restrooms. I kid you not!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:51 AM

Default Edgefield Medical Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgefield613 View Post
My brother is at Edgefield FCI; he has been there for about a year. He broke his hand a month ago. By looking at it, the nurse could tell it was broken. It was x-rayed the next morning showing that the 2nd metacarpal is broken completely through into 2 separate pieces. His hand was wrapped in an Ace bandage and he was given some Motrin. The medical staff told him that it was not life threatening, so it would be at least 4 weeks before he would be considered to see an orthopedist on "the outside" to "put some pins in it." The hand is still swollen, black and blue, and painful and it is healing in a deformed manner. The knuckle is not visible because it is jammed up into his hand along with the finger, which is now shorter than the pinky finger. Who knows it the nerve, tendons, soft tissue, etc., are being damaged from the bone edges that have been left to move about. My brother has recently been informed that he will not be receiving care. He has just started the ridiculous administrative process by filing his BP-8. What do I need to do, or who do I need to contact to get my brother some help here. The pain is one thing, but we are concerned he will wind up with a permanent deformity/disability.

I called and left a message for the health service administrator at Edgefield. No reply. I e-mail the DOJ-Healthcare Compliance Division. No reply. Does anyone have any idea how to get these people to acknowledge an inmate's human and civil rights in get some qualified medical attention? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:21 PM

Red face Need info on Edgefield

Hello,
My loved one is being transferred to Edgefield and I am trying to get any current info; I am new to PTO and don't know if I am doing this correctly, any help would be appreciated. In reading below it seems Edgefield locks down frequently, this is very bad for me as I am 600 miles away and it would be awful to travel that distance and not be able to visit. Any information you could share would be much appreciated.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 AM

They don't get on lock down that often. But I believe they are on now. I don't drive that far. But I always call before I come. U can private message me if u want.. They r just anal some times

*Will Ride to the End*
friend4ever2him (05-23-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM

The FCI is on lockdown now...again...phones are presently off at both locations...fyi.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sipsy For This Useful Post:
friend4ever2him (05-23-2012), sk2010 (05-28-2012)