Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:48 AM

Thats why I was using the tracker to see how long it takes him to get my letters. Mine only worked before I started putting my mg# on the envelope I had two that was already in route when I made the Mg account and those two show but nothing after I made the mg. I tried contacting them but no response. Im probably just going to delete my account then because I doubt I'll get a response I've been waiting over a week now.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2018, 09:04 AM

- Mail sent 10/29 “using MG number”
- 11/8 Email from MailGuardtacker @ 2:37am (Mail received and scanned)
- 11/8 Email from MailGuardtracker @ 1:12pm (Mail reviewed by MailGuard & forwarded electronically for printing at the facility + reference number)
- 11/19 called MailGuard was given a PA number for assistance 717-728-4122 (DOC eastern region deputy secretary Michael Wenerowicz) Gave him my MailGuard reference # inmates name and inmates #. He said he would be in contact with the facility at which the inmate was in “SCI Chester” and informed me that it had been way to long and the mail shouldn’t have taken that long.
-11/20 Email from MailGuardtracker @ 6:28am (mail printed at the facility for final delivery to inmate.
-11/23 inmate finally received mail
Old 12-06-2018, 07:34 PM

Angry This policy is messing up magazine subscriptions!

So I care very much for a friend at SCI Cambridge Springs. I asked what I could do for her, could I send her anything, magazines, she said they had to come directly from the publisher. So I purchased two subscriptions for her. Well, since she gave me the new PADoC Smart Communications address, the magazine change of address form will not accept the new address. It says it's not a valid street name, and doesn't give me room to fit her name, inmate #, plus the Smart Communications part and name of her facility.. I've tried using the address lines, but no matter how I format it, the site says it's invalid and undeliverable. I was just wondering if any of you know if I might be able to still have magazines sent directly to Cambridge Springs since they're coming from Hearst, not an individual, so obviously cannot contain contraband? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:00 PM

I just learned about these horrible new mailing rules. I am sending a Christmas card to a prisoner that is being held in SCI Phoenix. I am putting my new Smart Communications MG# next to my return address. The card will be mailed on Saturday, December 8, 2018. Does anyone think the person that I am sending this card to will actually receive a copy of the card before Christmas?

Also, I just put some money on this person's books via the JPAY.com website. Does JPAY.com or the PA DOC notify the prisoner when someone puts money into their commissary account? Are the prisoners notified promptly? Can the prisoner see who sent them the money?

Thank you.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:09 PM

Hi

PADOC has set up a new address for publication materials only. Here it is below:

Security Processing Center
Inmate Name/ Inmate #
268 Bricker Rd
Bellafonte, PA 16823-1667
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubgirl For This Useful Post:
bobble60 (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 09:19 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,226 Times in 1,236 Posts

Many of the letters I send each week reach the prisoners without any notice from SMART. It seems their tracking system is hit-or-miss. Since the receipt of the letter is what I care about most, I don't rely on the MG system. At best, if I get one notice per batch of mail, I can assume the entire batch has entered the system.

As for a notice that the letter has been printed ... That's not technically possible. At best, MG can tell that the electronic file has arrived at the destination facility. They have no way to confirm that the file has actually been printed to paper, let alone delivered to the prisoner. The printing at the prison is a function of the facility and the people working there. It doesn't surprise me that a few files miss the print queue and sit until the next day.

Letters I mailed a week ago appeared in my MG account today. I think the system is speeding up. A Christmas card mailed on the 8th should be there in plenty of time.
Dirty Hippie (Yesterday)
Old Today, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobble60 View Post
Many of the letters I send each week reach the prisoners without any notice from SMART. It seems their tracking system is hit-or-miss. Since the receipt of the letter is what I care about most, I don't rely on the MG system. At best, if I get one notice per batch of mail, I can assume the entire batch has entered the system.

As for a notice that the letter has been printed ... That's not technically possible. At best, MG can tell that the electronic file has arrived at the destination facility. They have no way to confirm that the file has actually been printed to paper, let alone delivered to the prisoner. The printing at the prison is a function of the facility and the people working there. It doesn't surprise me that a few files miss the print queue and sit until the next day.

Letters I mailed a week ago appeared in my MG account today. I think the system is speeding up. A Christmas card mailed on the 8th should be there in plenty of time.
Thanks for your help. I just received an email from Smart Communications telling me that a copy of my Christmas card will be sent to my friend at SCI Phoenix. The whole process took less than a week.