Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:59 AM

Default Need info on Detroit Reentry Center - Bridges Program

I am trying to find out information regarding the Bridges Program at DRC. I came across some information from 2013, but nothing very current. Does anyone know anyone who has gone through the Bridges Program at DRC? My son called me Sunday and said that he is at the bottom of a 100 person waiting list, and also that he was told that once you're in the actual program you basically have to lie and say you are a woman beater, love to see women in pain, etc. or you will fail the class and go back to the bottom of the waiting list. Has anyone heard anything like this? My son does not even know why he was sent to this program - he has never been convicted of a domestic violence. Please advise! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2014, 06:09 PM

My son went through it. Tell your son to be TRUTHFUL! The instructors will read his file and know when he's lying. Lying gets you put out of the program and flopped. The program is for violent offenders and sex offenders. My son has never committed a sex offense but he had to take that portion of the program. It's not just for domestic violence...it's for any offense considered a "violent" offense. This program is the old VOP program and SOP program rolled into one. Tell him to do his work, be honest and not challenge the instructors. They are trying to get a rise out of him and any outbursts will get him flopped. Tell him to participate in the dialogue that happens in session. It's a LONG waiting list. Program is 90 days long when my son was in it. Might be shorter now. They have limited space. ANY ticket is an instant flop. Tell him to keep his nose clean and stay out of any drama. Concentrate on his program. I do have someone who works there who keeps me in the loop.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pookiedoo2 For This Useful Post:
countryblocks (10-14-2014), FueledbyFaith (10-15-2014), tictoctictoc (10-26-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FueledbyFaith View Post
I am trying to find out information regarding the Bridges Program at DRC. I came across some information from 2013, but nothing very current. Does anyone know anyone who has gone through the Bridges Program at DRC? My son called me Sunday and said that he is at the bottom of a 100 person waiting list, and also that he was told that once you're in the actual program you basically have to lie and say you are a woman beater, love to see women in pain, etc. or you will fail the class and go back to the bottom of the waiting list. Has anyone heard anything like this? My son does not even know why he was sent to this program - he has never been convicted of a domestic violence. Please advise! Thank you.
My son completed the program. He was there because of a violent offense. He didn't lie, no reason to. He was granted parole last October and has a job.
The Following User Says Thank You to countryblocks For This Useful Post:
FueledbyFaith (10-15-2014)