Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia/ NZ General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia/ NZ General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat General Topics & Discussions dealing with Aus/NZ prisons, local laws & legal issues etc. If it doesn't fit into any other Aus/NZ forum post it here!

Old 07-16-2018, 07:23 AM

Angry Prison Guards not sending out my BF(inmates) mail

My boyfriend has sent me three letters.
I have not received any.
He enquired and they said they were dispatched.
I gave up on the other 2 as I thought they were because they were sent to my work address in the city and thought it possible someone had picked the mail.

This time around though it’s been three weeks since the officer said it’s registered as read and sent on a Tuesday.

I have checked the mail box everyday since... sometimes 3 times a day even when I know the postman has been.

He definitely has the right address.

The worst is he struggles with showing emotion and he has told me he wrote a 3 page letter that he had mentioned those feeling on paper.
To think how hard that would have been and now it’s lost just like the other 2 letters.

Does anyone know of this happening to anyone else?
Does anyone know what can be done?

Last edited by Jodiii; 07-16-2018 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2018, 07:46 AM

We had that issue in the county jail. They would hold on to them for 2 weeks or more. Incoming was also an issue. I understand it takes time to go through the incoming mail, but when I called the mail room, the lady was super nice, said she recognized his name and described the letters (print outs of emails) and said they processed them the same day they receive them. It was the guards not handing them out.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend in Jail View Post
We had that issue in the county jail. They would hold on to them for 2 weeks or more. Incoming was also an issue. I understand it takes time to go through the incoming mail, but when I called the mail room, the lady was super nice, said she recognized his name and described the letters (print outs of emails) and said they processed them the same day they receive them. It was the guards not handing them out.

I drop my letters to him in the box on visits and he recieves them 3 days later.
Tomorrow hits day one of week 3 since the letter was sent from prison to myself... I only hope it appears.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiii View Post
My boyfriend has sent me three letters.
I have not received any.
He enquired and they said they were dispatched.
I gave up on the other 2 as I thought they were because they were sent to my work address in the city and thought it possible someone had picked the mail.

This time around though itís been three weeks since the officer said itís registered as read and sent on a Tuesday.

I have checked the mail box everyday since... sometimes 3 times a day even when I know the postman has been.

He definitely has the right address.

The worst is he struggles with showing emotion and he has told me he wrote a 3 page letter that he had mentioned those feeling on paper.
To think how hard that would have been and now itís lost just like the other 2 letters.

Does anyone know of this happening to anyone else?
Does anyone know what can be done?
I find theres no consistancy or pattern with how i get my letters. Ive received letters within a couple of days of them being sent and I've also waited up to 2 weeks for them to. I would contact the prison and see if its possible to get a copy, if they pull the privacy thing your boyfriend may have to ask. I'm not sure if they can give you a copy but i have my fingers crossed for you.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Hey

We used to date letters so you knew how long it took. But sometimes two weeks. Other times a few days.