Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Now That Your Loved One Is Home...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Now That Your Loved One Is Home... Please share stories about your loved one now they are home.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:31 AM

Default New Update... (Little lengthy)

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. Things have been crazy busy! So Chad has been out of prison since May 31st in a HWH about 1.5 hours away from me and his family. I've been up once to visit him during his "general time" which is accumulated earned time away from the facility to do whatever they want - go to store, library, gym etc. It was almost impossible to plan because he is working 2 jobs but we did it and it was the best 8 hours I had in a long time. We went to breakfast and then he showed me around the town, we went to the mall and got him some clothes, shoes, etc. and then we literally spent HOURS walking the trails and sitting at a park and just talking. And yes, for the curious, we did get some "together" time.

In July he starting earning furloughs so he was able to come to town twice and spend the night. Would have been more but there was that work issue again. The first time we got 30 hours together and it was a big deal because he finally got to meet my 4 yr old daughter, and yes they are just 2 peas in a pod now. It was amazing being able to go to sleep and wake up next to him after all this time. The second furlough was 50 hours. We had our families over, grilled out, played games and had fun. The next night we even went out on a double date with his brother and his girlfriend. This week he came down on Monday to enroll in school and stayed until Tuesday.

So today he texts me and tells me that he will be released from the HWH this coming Monday! I'm SO excited! No more curfews, no more phones off at 10pm, no more hour and a half drive for us to see each other! No more sitting in the house when he is here because they can call the house at anytime. He will be free to come and go as he pleases! He will still be on parole but that will be a "check in with the P.O. once a week type of situation". I'm so happy for him to finally begin this new chapter and to be able to do it with him.

And for the super curious, no it has not been all roses. We did have a little tiff during one of his furloughs. It was awkward because then tension carried over into the double date and I'm sure they sensed the tension. BUT we did wind up talking it out that night when we got back to the house and all is good. And yes, much if it did have to do with me not seeing things the way someone who had just done 17 years in prison would see them and I was being a complete selfish brat which I can admit, but after we talked I understood better and we discussed how to handle should the situation ever arise again. That talk generated a much needed "what do you need from me and here's what I need from you" conversation to help with this adjustment time...

As far as him adapting, he hasn't had much difficulty that I have seen on the surface. I know internally he has battled some things but again we talk it through. He is fascinated by how much our town has changed in 17 yrs, fascinated by social media, annoyed to death by teenagers and some of the less respectful younger generation, overwhelmed with TV shows and movies that he wants to catch up on and amazed at how much the basic necessities in life cost. Other than that, he got his license back right away and start driving again, loves his new iPhone and loves the equipment at the gym. Oh and he went tanning for the first time in 17 yrs and got a nice burn on his tushy!

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your summer!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
choclgs (08-08-2018), fbopnomore (08-08-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (08-08-2018), Grolarbear (08-09-2018), Hurley123 (08-12-2018), LifeTraveler (08-09-2018), lolo21216 (08-09-2018), maytayah (08-08-2018), MizzyMuffling (08-08-2018), Nervous124 (08-12-2018), Sarianna (08-08-2018), Sunnielg (08-08-2018), Tufahije (08-08-2018), WeepingWillow (08-08-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,895 Times in 1,704 Posts

Thank you for the great update! I'm so happy he'll REALLY be home soon and you can start life together! Little arguments are to be expected in any relationship but it's so good you can talk it out!
Chaddersgirl (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,377 Posts

That's just great news, thanks for updating us! Wishing you all the best for the future too
Old 08-08-2018, 12:34 PM

Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,640 Posts

Yay that sounds awesome. Glad he's almost done with the half way house. Those can be pretty horrible. He will slowly get used to the way things are Happy for you both.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:46 PM

Very happy for you and I think it's great that you also owned up to it not all being perfect. That's reality and it sounds like you guys have those communication tools in place to get through anything, and trust me, if he can get through that long in prison, then you can get through anything. It just takes time and hard work.

My daughters are 17, so I cannot imagine being away from that point to now and all the things that are different (iphones, texting and how much the internet has consumed us), and some still the same (ie. The Simpons are still on tv!). It must be like culture shock to some degree.

Thank you for sharing. That should be encouraging for everyone out there!
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (08-08-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 04:51 PM

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,096 Posts

This is so awesome!

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

He was released from work release this morning! He is now home, home for good! I'm stuck at work super excited. God is good! Keep your head's up ladies and gents! I am praying for your loved ones quick safe returns as well!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (Yesterday), Fridyrr.Likn (Yesterday), onedayatatime13 (Yesterday), Sunnielg (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM

Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddersgirl View Post
He was released from work release this morning! He is now home, home for good! I'm stuck at work super excited. God is good! Keep your head's up ladies and gents! I am praying for your loved ones quick safe returns as well!!!!!
Yay so happy for you both.