Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 11-06-2019, 11:31 PM

Default Intro--Born from Australia

Hi I'm Born, from Australia. I'm married to an amazing American man and have had a wonderful three year marriage. We are now separated due to him having to go to Gail for an offense that he did not commit. His lawyer is not helping him any even though we've given all the evidence to prove his innocence. Just like everyone else they take your money then shun you and leave you in debt to the eyeball. Any way i really don't wish to get into it. What i'm wishing to know is how on earth does a wife support her husband while he is serving time through the commissary process. So far i have been stone walled because the companies J-Pay, Money gram and access corrections have all told me via telephone that there isn't any facility outside of the USA to transfer money into my husbands account. And I'm stressing like hell knowing how bad the food is and how badly the system treats their inmates and that they need sustenance and hygiene products just to make life that little bit bearable.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2019, 04:10 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,961 Times in 13,204 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you find an answer. Maybe your husband can find out from the prison staff, or from another inmate. Will your banks issue money orders payable in US dollars that you could mail?
Old 11-07-2019, 07:45 AM

Hiya, Sorry to hear of your situation. I understand your frustration as I have experienced the same for three years as I from the UK. I needed to visit every 3 months to place money on his account. The information given on this site when I was searching was not helpful as no one was from oversees.
I believe you may have visited J-pay.com on line to register, (as you have spoken with them) if J-pay is not at the facility where your husband is housed, you can only hoped that your husband will transfer to another facility.

I know very little about prison systems. However, now my love one has been sentenced, he has now moved to a facility which has J-pay and I now use J-pay to send money. This does not give an immediate solution but to let you know there is hope.
God bless
Old 11-07-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther112014 View Post
Hiya, Sorry to hear of your situation. I understand your frustration as I have experienced the same for three years as I from the UK. I needed to visit every 3 months to place money on his account. The information given on this site when I was searching was not helpful as no one was from oversees.
I believe you may have visited J-pay.com on line to register, (as you have spoken with them) if J-pay is not at the facility where your husband is housed, you can only hoped that your husband will transfer to another facility.

I know very little about prison systems. However, now my love one has been sentenced, he has now moved to a facility which has J-pay and I now use J-pay to send money. This does not give an immediate solution but to let you know there is hope.
God bless

Esther,

Are you still in the UK? and is Jpay in the UK? you mentioned that you go in every three months to place money into your husbands account.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you find an answer. Maybe your husband can find out from the prison staff, or from another inmate. Will your banks issue money orders payable in US dollars that you could mail?

fbopnomore,

Unfortunately Australian banks don't do money orders for overseas. They used to do American Express travel cheques but don't do them anymore because the foreign company that brought the company over didn't honour the cheques when people travelled and tried to use them so now all Australian banks have a ban on them. Besides he would have had to get them cashed in. Also I'd like to mention he isn't in yet we are expecting december or jan for his sentencing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-07-2019)