Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service goes here

Old 12-09-2016, 01:42 PM

Default Release and places to stay clark county

I have a friend that is to be released 28 Feb 2017 . I have been searching high and low for felling friendly housing. It is mandatory that it is in Clark county. If he doesn't find somewhere shortly his date will be extended.

Basically I need places for him to go
Somewhere that will rent ahead of time so
It can be inspected.

Thank you all

Credit :"Sam Brown, Exploding Dog"
I love you little brother !!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,572 Times in 3,353 Posts

I don't know much about the rental scene in Clark County, even though I just live across the river.

I DO know that you'll have much better luck finding a place like what you described by going through private landlords, rather than looking at the big apartment complexes or anyone who rents through a rental agency.

You might want to keep your eyes open on Craig's List. I know on the Oregon side of the river, rentals don't last on Craig's List for more than about 36 hours, so it might take some serious time investment.

Can he live in Battleground? (I'm pretty sure that's in Clark county) I would think you'd have better luck finding housing outside of Vancouver than in it. You might want to look at Washougal and Camas also. Not sure how familiar you are with the area, but those are small towns with houses/cabins that rent for relatively cheap. Especially Washougal, which isn't a terribly far drive (maybe 25 minutes?) from most places in Vancouver. Washougal lost 2 of its 3 big industries in the past 15 years, so there are a lot more places to rent than people wanting to rent them, which helps keep the costs low, and a lot of people who had 'vacation' cabins who rent them out because of the real estate fiasco.

If it were me, I'd start in Washougal, then look in Camas, then look in Battleground. There are also a lot of older cabins still in Clark County, but not in incorporated areas along SR14 that you might be able to afford and would be dealing with a private landlord willing to work with him instead of discounting him due to the conviction.

Not sure if any of that is helpful, but it's how I would approach a search.