Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Morgantown FCI
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Morgantown FCI Topics and discussion specific to FCI Morgantown in Morgantown, West Virginia.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Donation Award 

Default Introductions

Hello Everyone,

This forum has been slow recently so I wanted to take time and let everyone new and veteran members get a chance to introduce themselves and get to know each other. You do not need to post anything that you do not feel like posting just a quick bio, nothing much.

Last edited by waiiting4him; 07-13-2011 at 10:50 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 PM

chuck 50 i self surrender dec 15 2010
The Following User Says Thank You to chuck50 For This Useful Post:
waiiting4him (11-17-2010)
Old 11-16-2010, 12:29 PM
missing kev

Hello, I'm new to all of this (like two months in new) and my boyfriend is currently in FCI Morgantown, so hello to you!
waiiting4him (11-17-2010)
Old 12-02-2010, 06:11 AM

Hi there my brother is in FCI Morgantown release date 2018
Old 12-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Hi, Im Josh 27...I was at morgantown from Jan 12 2009-Mar 17 of this year,,,I was sentenced to 18 months for unlawful use of access devices. I was basically a hacker, and got caught...I was one of the few inmates there that never claimed innocence...I did the crime, and I paid for it...If anyone had ANY questions about morgantown, how it operates, visitation, RDAP, anything at all feel free to ask...People on here helped me before I went, now I want to pay it forward
Old 01-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Default little help

Being sentanced march 24 in cleveland fed court. i know you can only request a prison and the court can only recomend but can anyone tell me anything about morgantownn wv what kind of educationa,l vocational program,s sports rec drug program spirtual progams would morgantown be better than elkton any other tips btw being sentanced for cons. to distubute marj. no prior feloies no history of violence if that helps u to answer
thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 11:59 AM

Hi. My husband just got the letter to self-report to Morgantown on 6/30/2011. I'm stunned as it's all going so fast - worried about him, worried about the rest of us. I'm reading that Morgantown is one of the better facilities, so I feel better about that. My husband is 54 and was convicted of a white collar crime and hadn't even had a parking ticket before. He was sentenced to 27 months. I live in the Charlotte, NC, area and am afraid of mountain roads. If you know of anyone who lives in this area that would like to carpool, I'd love to hear from them. Thanks and I guess I'll be getting to know some of you better as it seems like a decent support system.
The Following User Says Thank You to lpc For This Useful Post:
daylilytribe (06-04-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Default carpool

I too am in the Charlotte area, and my son is at Morgantown. I'm interested in carpooling, just don't get to go often. Let's correspond.

It is an ordeal, but your husband doesn't have long.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome Everyone!!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoweflow View Post
Hello, I'm new to all of this (like two months in new) and my boyfriend is currently in FCI Morgantown, so hello to you!
Hi. I talked to Helen this past weekend and she suggested we talk as you go visit more often than she does. She said she was going to pass my contact info along to you - I look forward to hearing from you!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:08 AM

Hi everyone i'm kinda new to this site & i'm just learning how to navigate it. My spouse begin serving time July 2012 in Morgantown & I too am looking for someone to carpool with. We both are coping pretty good, however I just wish I could see him more. I don't want to drive 7 hours alone so it would be great to connect with someone who shares this in common with me & is looking to visit their loved one. I went to visit him last month with family & things worked out great, just don't want to keep bothering family as they have their own lives (although they really don't mind). Please respond as I haven't had any luck with responses on the forums I've written in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Capri79 For This Useful Post:
andsoweflow (10-14-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Hi Capri. We are trying to get the Morgantown forum active again--so I invite you to post as often as you feel like talking about something. Seems most folks don't have a lot to talk about, complain about, but just a quick "What's happening" sometimes gets people talking. I'm new to this forum as well, although I've been a member of PTO for several months. My son arrived in Morgantown in August. I am only 3.5 hours from the prison, but have been trying to research alternative transportation in anticipation of the coming bad weather--and boy, unless you live in Pittsburgh, there aren't a lot of ways to get to Morgantown. I just found a company in DC that runs one-day trips between DC and Morgantown for $55 round-trip--which is great if you live in DC (driving to DC to pick up the bus would add an hour to my trip.).
Hope you have some luck finding a ride. Keep posting!
The Following User Says Thank You to Here4Us For This Useful Post:
andsoweflow (10-14-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM

Thanks for you response here4us! It's like now that I've kinda figured things out on prison talk, I'm checking the Morgantown forums every 5 seconds for activity. The information about the bus from Dc may actually work for me as I pass thru Dc on the way 2 Morgantown. As a matter of fact I stayed overnight at my sister n law's house in Falls Church, VA when we visited my husband last month. Getting to the DC area definitely puts me a lot closer to Morgantown. The problem i would encounter with taking the bus is once in Morgantown how would I get around. Driving there right now isn't really an issue, it's just not wanting to travel so far alone & any help with traveling expenses would be welcomed. Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capri79 For This Useful Post:
andsoweflow (10-14-2012), Here4Us (10-12-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 PM
tbjmdf

Hi Capri! I seen some of your posts and realized that we have quite a few things in common. My husband also went in on July this year and it takes me about 7 hours to go visit as well. I couldn't agree with you more about having someone ride along with you. My family and friends have been great, but I often feel bad about always having to find someone to come along. Like you said, they have their lives too. I try to go visit my husband every other weekend right now but I am worried about the winter months. They are already depressing and I can't stand the thought of possibly not being able to go visit him Do you visit often? It's possible that we've seen each other before? I love talking to all the ladies because if anybody is going to understand how hard all of this is, it's someone who is living it.
Andsoweflow-I'm looking forward to seeing u again this weekend! By the way, I heard that the Ramada has a great breakfast! Haha!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mshellsissy For This Useful Post:
andsoweflow (10-25-2012), Capri79 (10-24-2012), Here4Us (10-23-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 PM

Default Hello

Hi Mshellsissy! I have only been able to visit my husband twice so far, once in September & once this month (I was actually there 10/19-10/21). If you were also there this past weekend, perhaps we saw one another. I can't remember Sept.'s visitation dates.

I hope to visit my husband more often because I've connected with a local wife who's husband is also in Morgantown. You are very fortunate to visit your husband biweekly! Hopefully the winter months won't bring severe winter weather thus limiting visits. I'm praying for a mild winter.

Thanks for pointing out our commonalities & feel free to message me any time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Capri79 For This Useful Post:
andsoweflow (10-25-2012)