Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > McCreary USP and FPC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

McCreary USP and FPC Topics and Discussions relating to the United States Penitentiary (USP) and Federal Prison Camp (FPC) in McCreary, Kentucky.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,826 Times in 1,600 Posts
Post Welcome to the new USP / FPC McCreary prison forum

Thanks to kintml2u and many of your activity on this topic, starting today you now have your own dedicated forum for USP and FPC McCreary.

David
A_Mothers_Love (01-03-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you David!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Donation Award 

Default Introductions

I think it's wonderful PTO has given McCreary it's own lil corner, and it surely is appreciated!

I'm kintml2u...been around PTO quite a while and still have a few years to go before I don't have to reach thru the walls. Looking forward to meeting the others who reach thru the walls at McCreary.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:07 PM

Thanks David and thank u kintml2u for suggesting this...we sure did need this ..this will surely help out.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 PM

Yes, this will help to get thru those lil walls our loved ones are in. Kind of makes us feel closer to them some odd way
Old 07-24-2009, 09:22 PM

Default Intro ..to our New Room :)

My finacee SS to USP McCreary on Oct 7 2008, I thought my world had turned up side down , I felt this cold and empty feeling , its still hard but I have learned to manage and take it one day at a time. He is actually SS to the Satellite Camp there. He is taking a computer class , he goes to bible study , works , and he is enrolled to go to the RDAP program , which his couselor told him he would be leaving at the end of the summer to early fall to the program. I have only seen him 3 times since he has been gone. The expense of travel woooo weee. He is about 5 hrs away so when he goes to the program which will more than likely in West Virginia I will not be able to go. He says its not that bad really , there has been several little things but all in all he says thats its okay considering the situation. Hoping all of this will come to an end soon. His projected date 2012, Im hoping that we can mustar thru this. Im praying and hoping that all of us can reach out to each other and help each other with this new room. If anyone to talk or help just let me know.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:33 PM

yay...im so happy, it will be much easier with this dedicated forum

You come to love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly
Old 07-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Account Closed

Default Question about McCreary

I am going for a visit at Mccreary on the weekend of Aug 7th. I am leaving from USyracuse NY and flying into Knoxville TN where I will get a rental car and drive to Kentucky to stay at Parkland Motel. I hear that cell phone service in that area is no good. Being I have never been to Kentucky, I was planning on using my cell phones GPS system to get from the airport to the motel and back and from the motel to the prison. Does anyone know if this is correct, there is no cell phone service in Pine Knot? I have a verizon wireless. Also, does anyone know anything about that motel or the area. I am not used to staying in motels but unfortunately have no other choice.
Tags:
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM

I have been there several times and my cell phone worked just fine. The Parkland hotel is very close to the facility , I never stayed there I have stayed in Whitlely City , about 30min from facility , there is more around to eat and such. Hope you have a good visit.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:38 AM
hisrydeordiechick

I think having our own forum is great! I'm pretty new to this world and I'm glad to meet new people that can help me stay informed.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Donation Award 

Good to see you ladies here, well...under the circumstances!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Account Closed

OMG thank you very much. Now I can breathe better. I thought I was going to be phoneless. Thanks again and I can't wait to go see my baby. Its funny how it seems like the time moves so slow counting the days down until I see him and then that weekend the time will probably fly. Ugh. Anyway, if there is any other information I should know about the area or the visit (since this is my 1s time going) please let me know. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:31 PM

my fiancee is in the camp, and its very relaxed. we are able to touch which is a great thing. Everyone was really nice there. You will need to take in your plate number to your car I didnt know that the first time and had to run back out and write it down, lost my place in line but it all worked out , you can take change in (clear bag) to the vending machines, no searches, dress code is not strict, the guys at the front desk are really cool , as long as you dont act a fool they will let you be.... I was planning on goin up this weeked but I am not able to go ...which depresses me I havent seen him over 2 mths...grrrr, Hope all goes well.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydestiny View Post
I am going for a visit at Mccreary on the weekend of Aug 7th. I am leaving from USyracuse NY and flying into Knoxville TN where I will get a rental car and drive to Kentucky to stay at Parkland Motel. I hear that cell phone service in that area is no good. Being I have never been to Kentucky, I was planning on using my cell phones GPS system to get from the airport to the motel and back and from the motel to the prison. Does anyone know if this is correct, there is no cell phone service in Pine Knot? I have a verizon wireless. Also, does anyone know anything about that motel or the area. I am not used to staying in motels but unfortunately have no other choice.
Tags:
Mydestiny I hope you have a wonderful visit, I posted some helpful information last year on here do a search under USP Mcreary information I gave info about visitng etc. Make sure you call first before going to visit to make sure they are not on lock down. They have a few cases of HN1 virus... SWINE FLU ..currently it is isolated to the yellow side only... in one of the units but the warden put out that if they find any more cases they will be locked down for 60-90 days. That unit on the yellow side that has the swine flu is currently quarantined. I don't know if they have started it or not but they said they were going to have visitors fill out a waiver/release stating that they waive their rights and are visitng at their own risk in case they get sick etc.

Last edited by Destiny111; 07-28-2009 at 09:38 PM..
Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 PM

Default SWINE FLU and Email

Hi everyone I just wanted to pass on some info.......make sure you call first before going to visit to make sure USP McCreary is not on lock down. They have a few cases of SWINE FLU ..currently it is isolated on the yellow side in one of the units but the Warden put out that if they find any more cases they will be locked down for 60-90 days. That unit on the yellow side that has the swine flu is currently quarantined.
They are supposedly making visitors sign a waiver/release stating that they are visiting at their own risk in case they get sick but I don't know if that is for sure or not.
Also McCreary's email system is up and running and inmates are putting email addresses on the trulink email list to email out. After I got off the phone today with my fianceI got an email from admin@inmatemessage.com asking me to accept or decline emails from my fiance..I accepted and then it said that I am now set up for emails from my fiance and he would have to initiate the emailing as the confirmation email address was only for accepting or declining emails.
I am very happy as I am in Iraq and it takes 2 weeks to get mail to him and also since they have been locking them down early and cutting the phones off and on this willl help staying in touch. I hope everyone gets an email soon!
I also posted some detailed useful inof regarding USP Mcreary last year.
do a search under USP McCreary-Information...... and it has info about hotels, visitation etc...or you can PM me or ask me if you need further info. I'm happy to help.

Last edited by Destiny111; 07-28-2009 at 10:21 PM..
Old 07-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Wow swine flu...hope all is well with those inmates...terrible.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveMike View Post
Wow swine flu...hope all is well with those inmates...terrible.
My fianfce said he sees a lot of nurses going in and out of that unit but so far so good. He said they are just real ancy and stir crazy as I guess they have to be qaurantined for a minium of 2 weeks and can not leave the unit. I guess the inmates in the unit with the ones with the swine flu are upset because they have them locked in the unit where the swine flu is/was. I think they only have to be quarantined for 2 weeks though.
I got my first email last might from my baby and he has emailed me me 4 more times today...I love hearing his voice but the email is so conveinent! I can send him some email jokes and poetry etc. you just can't send any attachments but you can email away.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 PM

[quote=Destiny111;4831331]My fiance said he sees a lot of nurses going in and out of that unit while he is at work....but so far so good. He said they are just real ancy and stir crazy in that unit as I guess they have to be qaurantined for a minium of 2 weeks and can not leave the unit. I guess the inmates in the unit with the ones with the swine flu are upset because they have them locked in the unit where the swine flu is/was. I think they only have to be quarantined for 2 weeks though. I think the swine flu inmates were moved to the hospital.
I got my first email last might from my baby and he has emailed me me 4 more times today...I love hearing his voice but the email is so conveinent! I can send him some email jokes and poetry etc. you just can't send any attachments but you can email away.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:28 PM

Yeah , that sounds real good to hear from him 3 or 4 a day...hate it for the one locks down cuz of the swine flu..i am not tellin that to my finacee is will go crazy....He will make hisself sick. Hopefully it wont carry over to the camp where he is
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Account Closed

I wrote him and sent it out today asking about this because of course he already used his minutes for the month but then I got to thinking I won't receive a response before I go so I called the prison today but not only was I worried about not being able to visit but I was worried about him as well and they said its not in his unit, which is 1A. I forgot which one they said it was in but thank goodness. I still plan on calling again before I go but thank you soooooo much for the info.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydestiny View Post
I wrote him and sent it out today asking about this because of course he already used his minutes for the month but then I got to thinking I won't receive a response before I go so I called the prison today but not only was I worried about not being able to visit but I was worried about him as well and they said its not in his unit, which is 1A. I forgot which one they said it was in but thank goodness. I still plan on calling again before I go but thank you soooooo much for the info.
mydestiny you are welcome, tell him as soon as he can to sign up with trulincs so he can have email access. It is really nice my fiance has been emailing like crazy and it just got up and running this week!.....lol.
it cost 5 cents a minute and it is great for times like this when your loved one is out of minutes. The phone calls are about 3.50 for 15 minutes but an email can cost him about 25 cents to read and reply. It's a great thing so ask him to look into it. I posted some info under USP Mcreary email also.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:01 AM

Hello,
It's been awhile since I've been around. I'm in a very complicated relationship when my man but he is currently at McCreary. Hoping to transfer closer as he's about 8 1/2 hours from me. I would like to visit before he goes, but I'm not comfortable driving all that way by myself. Nice meeting you all
Old 07-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Donation Award 

lovehurts....good to see you here! Maybe they will transfer him closer to MD so you don't have to take the long ride!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:22 AM

Default Call before you go visit

I got this quick email below yesterday from my fiance.

babe just dropping you a quick line i don't know what's going on but they called a early yard recall when they do that it might mean we're going on lockdown so if you don't hear from me by tonite you'll know what's up! one dude came in from work talking about that they were about to lock us down for the swine flu i don't know how true that is so i'm just playing everything by ear anyway i love you and i'll write back soon and call you to say goodnite

my fiance didn't call or email me anymore and that was yesterday afternoon. I hope it's not any more found cases of the swine flu because one it's a serious health issue with no cure and also because the warden said they would go on lockdown for 60-90 days if he found any more cases, so make sure you call before going to visit. If you are concerned you can call McCreary and they will let you know if your loved ones unit is quarantined etc.

Last edited by Destiny111; 08-01-2009 at 04:41 AM..
Old 08-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Account Closed

Thank you sooo much for that info. I am really sad because I think they will be on lockdown next week. I just called and the guy said he didn't know and to just call next week and find out. I am going to call again and find out about his unit. Ugh, I am about to cry. Thanks again though!