Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:43 PM

Default Reasons for prisoner transfers

My son (Chippewa) is requesting a transfer to a facility down state. Does anyone know the reasons other prisoners have cited for a transfer & had their request approved?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 06:44 AM

On the very, very rare occasion I've heard of someone getting a hardship transfer closer to home when a immediate family member was very ill and/or very old. But even then the families had to get Lansing involved to make it happen. Other than that it, mostly, just seems to be the luck of the draw.
I'd like to believe it's not so, but it sure seems like sometimes they move them farther away just to be spiteful and just because they can.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

There is no specific reason that MDOC will approve or deny a transfer request. As kat said, sometimes they will do it for extreme circumstances, other times they do seem to send them farther away from the place requested. it is always a crap shoot. My husband was thinking of considering asking for a transfer but is concerned about where he could end up. Ya just never know.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Sometimes it's overcrowding, sometimes it's favors like...... Standish wants to move a guy who is making frenimies (friends now/enemies when they can't cover their bets), found out they have two guys from the same gang or a guys just being a pain in the *ss so a RUM from Standish calls a RUM at say ...the Oaks and asks if they have room and the Oaks RUM says naaa we're full but I have a guy who needs/wants to leave, you take mine, I'll take yours. Some inmates are so loved by staff that they pretty much live on the tranport bus.