Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Do you think your man/woman will chnage there ways when they come home?
Yes 59 56.73%
No 14 13.46%
Maybe 14 13.46%
Not really sure 17 16.35%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Missing my baby

Question Do you think your man/woman will change their ways when they come home?

LADIES:

Back in September my man was arrested on a drug charge. And since he's been locked up he's claimed to have changed his evil ways. So i was just wondering if you think your man will change there ways once there released from prison

Malunya
&
Arjarrus

A part of you has grown in me.
And so you see, it's you and me
Together forever and never apart,
Maybe in distance, but never in heart.

Last edited by Jarrus' wifey07; 01-21-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Carlos nd Lizzie forever!

Thumbs up

I think my sweetie Carlos will change this time for good. When he was in jail for 30 days a few months ago, when he got out he changed, but only for a few weeks. I mean he doesn't hit me or really curse or anything like that, but he sometimes accuses me of stuff and takes his anger from work out on me and I don't think that's right. I'm sure he will change this time because he wouldn't want to lose me. And if he doesn't change then I will give him some more time to change because I don't want to lose him either!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:37 PM

I hope not cause i love him just the way he is !
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoosgirl For This Useful Post:
DustysGirl (03-31-2010)
Old 01-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Lovin him so much

My man was 18 years old when he got locked up. He wasn't thinkin about the out come. he was just thinkin about he had a baby on the way, and he needed money. Deep in my heart I feel he will change his ways. Plus he is not going to be in the same situation. When the situation does come. WE will have things handled. (different woman) So I feel I have nothing to worry about. He is a good man and I know for sure he DONT want to go back. 8,9 years. IS TO LONG.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,840 Times in 11,079 Posts

If he doesn't work on changing, on understanding the whats and whys of whatever went wrong, then don't expect much!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:46 PM

Yes, I do think my man has changed "his ways". This term was for drug charges and he has taken the steps to change his life. He has been clean for 3 years and understands the disease of addiction and what it takes to recover from the grips of addiction. He has found a God and commited himself to that God and follows what he should as a child of God. His actions tell me that he has changed and how he carries himself lets me know that it is for good not just for the time he is locked up and that short time right after being locked up!

I always say and it is the truth: IF NOTHING CHANGES THEN NOTHING CHANGES! (of course we'll go back to prisons and jails if we remain the same there is not enough love in the world to keep us from crimes if drugs are the problem)
Old 01-21-2007, 06:46 PM
He's Home, Thank God!!!

they can change with gods strength and them really wanting to change.

"Love Is Stronger than any Addiction"

My Loved one is Now Home
June 02, 2008
Thank God!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:04 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,877 Times in 10,462 Posts

I think it's interesting we fall in love with someone the way they are and down the road that same love is contingent on change? I never expected or desired my man to change. I've lived alot of life and am bound to an unconditional love...

Patty

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 01-21-2007, 11:54 PM

For the record I fell in love with my man BECAUSE he changed not requiring that he change. I don't want the thug life. I did that when I was a thug and did my own crimes and time and I don't want to be a thug life wife. It's not for me, not anymore.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

My friend had three DUI's... a month or two here and there in prison. This last time 4 months. He doesn't admit he has a problem with alcohol, and I know he was driving drunk on a suspended license when he was picked up this last time! I hope I'm wrong, and that he adheres to probation....I hope the 5 years over his head sinks in.....but so far I don't see a reason he will change.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Missing my baby

I like my baby just the way he is too i just won't him to leave the streets alone

Malunya
&
Arjarrus

A part of you has grown in me.
And so you see, it's you and me
Together forever and never apart,
Maybe in distance, but never in heart.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Donation Award 

I hope to h*ll he changes his ways. I want it more that anything for him. I love him for who he is, but I don't like his actions and honestly, I don't think he likes his actions either. I'm doing everything I can to support him emotionally while he is in, but he has to make the choice to help himself, or it will never work.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Anthonyz Wifey

My husband says hes gonna change things he used to do when he gets out n I believe him but no one knows until the time is here. I hope he does n i think he will especially since we have a baby now. I think before he knew he didnt have many responsiblities and now he has way more because of our son

Rest In Peace
Elisa Beth Munoz
Born 11*08*07
Passed 01*18*08

Elijah Joseph Munoz
Born 12*03*06
5lbs 11ozs 18.5 in

Old 01-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Banned

I think my man has come a long way from the way he was. He has grown a great deal with age. I fell in love with his crazy a** the way he is. We just want to change your living arrangements.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Banned

Girl my man keep tellin me he gonna change his ways for the sake of our relationship,but we have been through so much for the past 2yrs that im so scared of getting hurt by him again.I aint gon lie b/c i have doubts like a mutha but i jus ask god to lead me through if i get a friend to keep me occupied i let them kno whats up for their sake but i dont tell my b/f cus i kno that will kill him even if its jus association...but i've taken this opportunity to get closer to god so he can open my eyes to see if this man is the one for me.....
Old 01-26-2007, 07:40 AM

I voted no not because I don't think he will come out here and do what he was doing before he went in but because he has changed for the better and I don't want him to go back to the way he was.

Always and Forever
Deborah & George

My George is Home
March 1, 2012

Old 01-26-2007, 08:56 AM
queendrury

i worry about this question everyday.i worry if he'll hound me about things i did when he went in.eh is the type of man who wants to know EVERY DETAIL of anything i do.and although i don't like rehashing my mistakes THAT DEEPLYi fear if we allow ourself any resemblence of our life BEFORE PRISON we might not make it.i refuse to be hounded all night like it used to be.but other than that part of him i love him and i'll still run in a burning building for him.it's always attracted me to him that he will put me on trivia in a minute but this is something that i need time to be ready to tell him if i ever am.if he has a drink it'll all be over.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Libra &amp;amp;amp; Leo 2gether 4ever

Well I love my baby the way he is as far as his personality but I don't like the things that he do and I really don't want him to go back so I really hope he do change. He tell me he is going to change which I have seen a great improvement in him and he also know that if he does not change then I wont be with him because he know how I feel about what he does.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Lisa Marie

i think my man has a "choose to change, and if he did it would be for the best" because he several things that put him where he is that,he did that made life, harder for him, he had habbits, like drugs, and things you do when you on them, i think he can help his self, and let drugs go and grow up and get AWAY from old friends that he will just fine. buthe people you hang around influence your life!!! and needs to be around the right people for a change, and have the right influences, but i thing is so WORTHY of change and deserves but the real question is answered when he gets home. if he did change it would be best is he? that i dont no, do i have faith and hope that he will? yes everyday!

"Whats meant to be , will always find its way and be"

Old 01-31-2007, 10:00 AM
What Would Miss Jay Do?

I think he will change, if he knows what's good for him. I doubt he wants to go back there ever again--which is surely where he will be if he continutes the lifestyle he led before he went in. I will try to lead by example-I've had to make a lot of changes myself He absolutely CANNOT associate with any of his so called old "friends" or hang out spots from the past--or he will be right back in all of that $hit. If he does, then I will have to say good bye.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay
If he doesn't work on changing, on understanding the whats and whys of whatever went wrong, then don't expect much!
I agree with that, and when you don't expect much, YOU DON'T GET MUCH and when you don't exepect nuthin then that's what you get -- nuthin. My husband wants to change because he's tired of thinking stupid and acting stupid because all that does is wind him in prison. He's definitely got my support and encouragement on that!!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 PM
Keepin it real

My boyfriend was a very bad alcoholic at the time he had his wreck while drunk driving and killed a woman. He has done so good since his release in 12/02. He is a head speaker at AA, graduated college, and has learned better ways to deal with life than alcohol. LADIES: DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR MEN NO MATTER WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IN THE PAST!!! YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AT WHAT THE POWER OF LOVE CAN DO

"Are we gonna be friends forever", Piglet asked. "Even longer," answered Pooh.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:27 AM
the Hair Jedi

I know my man has been changing and growing all the while he's been locked up. I know that his main goal is to STAY OUT once he's released, even if it means staying on the West Coast and us spending a year or more still "apart" after all of this. But my man had a change of heart and that's what brought me to him in the first place. He's had some set backs and some obstacles, but he's so far from the place he was when we met that I have every confidance that once he is realeased his determination and love will make this the last time.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:41 AM

my husband has been going to jail since he was sixteen, he is now 39 and he is still in jail. i think since this has been his longest bid that a change is going to come the only thing i would change about him would be him going to jail. he is my first love and i will love him for the rest of my life but it would be nice to have him home longer than two months lol
Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Bill's Girl

Hopefully he won't change much, that's the man I fell in love with!